Division 1 College Conference Realignment

dfwabel

To be honest I don't really see anything great about the Louisville program. Football sucks. Basketball program is legendary but hasn't won jack in years. Nice new arena. That's about it.

8 trips to the dance in the past 9 years is more than any team in the SEC not named Kentucky can say.

Doesn't everyone from the Big East get in the tourney anyway :P

To be honest I don't really see anything great about the Louisville program. Football sucks. Basketball program is legendary but hasn't won jack in years. Nice new arena. That's about it.

8 trips to the dance in the past 9 years is more than any team in the SEC not named Kentucky can say.

Syracuse missed twice in 06-07 and 07-08. Georgetown missed on 05-06 and 08-09. UConn missed in 06-07 and 09-10. Villanova missed the first three years of Jay Wright's tenure, from 01-04. Marquette missed in 03-04 and 04-05. Notre Dame missed in 05-06 and 08-09. Cincinnati made the dance last season, but before that they hadn't made the trip since 2005 under Bob Huggins as a memeber of Conference USA. St. John's hadn't made it since 2002 under Mike Jarvis.

Pitt is the only other Big East team that can claim 8 trips in 9 years.

Louisville went to the Final Four in 2005, and the Elite Eight in 2008 and 09. So I simply can't agree with your argument about them not winning anything in years.

Beating everybody to the punch about 9 out of 11 teams not making it out of the first weekend

bigeastdocgerbil.png

IT'S DOC GERBIL'S WORLD.... IT'S DOC GERBIL'S WORLD

Why haven't I used that picture at all regarding conference realignment? In retrospect I totally should've used that multiple times in this thread, especially once the Cuse/Pitt to ACC news started coming in

oEQ0ySg.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29 // College Crosse: Where I write, chat, and infograph lacrosse

Beating everybody to the punch about 9 out of 11 teams not making it out of the first weekend

bigeastdocgerbil.png

IT'S DOC GERBIL'S WORLD.... IT'S DOC GERBIL'S WORLD

Why haven't I used that picture at all regarding conference realignment? In retrospect I totally should've used that multiple times in this thread, especially once the Cuse/Pitt to ACC news started coming in

Because you need to photoshop John Marinatto's face onto ol' Courage for it to work.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Some people on here take themselves way to seriously. anyway Louisville hasn't won a national title in a long while.

I'd like to think that I'm young enough for their winning a national title during my lifetime to count as recent.

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Yeah, people need to relax. If BayouJim has a source that is giving him some good information and some bogus information... who cares? Everything, and I mean EVERYTHING, is a either a rumor or hear-say... and it a lot of cases, both. There has been so much :censored: flying that its impossible to keep up with everything.

Just look at the 2 major changes, Nebraska and Texas A&M. When rumors initially broke about Nebraska joining the Big 10 (along with Notre Dame, Rutgers, and Mizzou receiving invites), didn't the Big 10 come out and say oh no, we are happy with 11, we are still 8-12 months away from investigating expansion. Then within weeks, Nebraska was officially part of the Big 10. Same with Texas A&M. Rumors broke that they were headed to the SEC with 3 other schools getting invites (Miami, Clemson, and Florida State). The SEC came out and said how they aren't interested in expanding and they are happy with 12, blah blah blah. Then I think with in 10 days, A&M got officially invited and accepted into the SEC.

Everything on an ONLINE forum needs to be taken with a grain of salt. Everything is heard from someone else who knows a guy, who is friends with a kid, who goes to school in the same city as the Conference Commissioner's brother's kid. I love speculating and thinking of all the possibilities, the good moves, the bad moves, etc. Its a lot of fun, but... its ALL rumors until the School/Conference announce they are headed to a new Conference.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

Double Post... Don't care.

Big XII voting to share revenue from Tier I and Tier II TV deals. Tier III (Longhorn Network) revenue would be reserved to the individual school, only. This could stabilize and save the Big XII. http://espn.go.com/college-sports/story/_/id/7054421/big-12-set-share-national-regional-tv-money

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

Big XII voting to share revenue from Tier I and Tier II TV deals. Tier III (Longhorn Network) revenue would be reserved to the individual school, only. This could stabilize and save the Big XII. http://espn.go.com/college-sports/story/_/id/7054421/big-12-set-share-national-regional-tv-money

Mizzou Board of Curators called a meeting for tomorrow to discuss. Seems at the moment they're kin of split. And that sharing only kicks in if all schools committ for 6 years. Doesn't really change much, just more of a last ditch effort to save the conference.

Mizzou Board of Curators called a meeting for tomorrow to discuss. Seems at the moment they're kin of split. And that sharing only kicks in if all schools committ for 6 years. Doesn't really change much, just more of a last ditch effort to save the conference.

How convenient. A lot of contracts are up in 6 years.

Today, we are all otaku.

Missouri BoC authorize exploration of conference alignment. Looks like they could be heading to the SEC.

Keeping my fingers crossed that the Big 10 still has a shot at them.

Missouri BoC authorize exploration of conference alignment. Looks like they could be heading to the SEC.

And Brady Deaton stepped down as chair of the Big 12 board of directors. They're pretty much gone no matter how much the Big 12 tries to spin it.

What this tells me is, if the rumors of BYU and BSU marketing themselves as a package deal are true, their chances of getting invited by the Big 12 just improved immensely. BYU has already publicly expressed interest in the Big 12, provided Oklahoma stays. However, it came out yesterday that Boise State's president has been privately lobbying to join the conference as well. Folks, we may be seeing two of the most successful mid-major programs finally get to make the big move up.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

For 6 years. Then Texas and Oklahoma pull the rug out from under the conference during everybody's tv deal renegotiation.

Today, we are all otaku.

For 6 years. Then Texas and Oklahoma pull the rug out from under the conference during everybody's tv deal renegotiation.

Might be why Missouri is leaving now.

I wonder if the Big 12 will try to finish off the Big east now for replacements (along with BYU).

Hey, if it works... B)

How do you think Oregon got with Nike?

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.