Division 1 College Conference Realignment

dfwabel

Could be OU and OkSt if the SEC goes 16, unless they go PAC first. Big 12 would probably swoop in and take Houston and SMU and possibly Memphis, maybe even South Florida, any of which would leave the Big East if they are there. Big 12 carries more stability and clout as a football conference than the Big East. If it's a battle of survival between the two, other than a merger, the Big 12 would win out. Even if both Oklahoma schools are gone, as well as Texas. Texas Tech may be on their own in that case and may stick in the Big 12, as they may not have anywhere else to go. If OU an OkSt go PAC, they could go, if they found a fourth, but that may not be the case.

Could be OU and OkSt if the SEC goes 16, unless they go PAC first. Big 12 would probably swoop in and take Houston and SMU and possibly Memphis, maybe even South Florida, any of which would leave the Big East if they are there. Big 12 carries more stability and clout as a football conference than the Big East. If it's a battle of survival between the two, other than a merger, the Big 12 would win out. Even if both Oklahoma schools are gone, as well as Texas. Texas Tech may be on their own in that case and may stick in the Big 12, as they may not have anywhere else to go. If OU an OkSt go PAC, they could go, if they found a fourth, but that may not be the case.

In other words, Kansas State, Iowa State and Baylor make the Big XII more "legit" than Cincinnati, South Florida and Louisville in football?

... meh, I'd call it a "push".

In other words, Kansas State, Iowa State and Baylor make the Big XII more "legit" than Cincinnati, South Florida and Louisville in football?

... meh, I'd call it a "push".

Except Louisville and probably Cincy are heading to the big 12. They're expected to get invites in the next round of expansion, which could be next year or even sooner.

Rams:

Get a grip. Try, at least for one day, not to be an ass, please.

And, you obviously know nothing about which Mexican school approached the NCAA.

I do, and they have approached, as Gary. said, to join Division II. This isn't the first time a non american school has joined the NCAA. Saint Francis, from Canada, joined Division II recently, and there are schools from Puerto Rico already in the NCAA. Notice how ESPN is not jumping all over them. That is because those countries don't really care about college football. There is a reason there aren't many none american schools in the NCAA.

Um, don't you mean Simon Fraser?

Derp. Yeah I did. I was think of the Saint Francis Terriers. Meh, their colors are the same, close enough :P

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

If Boise State agrees to go to the Big East, they're gambling that the conference isn't going to fall apart. Sure, it'll be AQ for a year or two at the most, but after that, there's no guarantee.

They're better off staying in the Mountain West until the bigger dominoes fall into place.

If Boise State agrees to go to the Big East, they're gambling that the conference isn't going to fall apart. Sure, it'll be AQ for a year or two at the most, but after that, there's no guarantee.

They're better off staying in the Mountain West until the bigger dominoes fall into place.

It is basically a game of chicken between Boise, Air Force and Navy..."If you go, I will...". Boise wants to go with a western school.

Now, the story did not mention where the school president was told to look to for their Olympic sports: Big West, WCC, Big Sky or even back to the WAC?

Any pending Big East contract will still be greater than the $1M/year which they are getting in the MWC or were getting in the WAC.

Rams:

Get a grip. Try, at least for one day, not to be an ass, please.

And, you obviously know nothing about which Mexican school approached the NCAA.

The tradition of collegiate athletics in non-US countries does not lend itself towards competition at the NCAA Division I level. Athletics is typically a "club" organization, which therefore does not award mass full tuition scholarships to athletes and have a much lessened fan presence. With all that in mind, Division I for Canadian and Mexican schools is at present a non-starter. Additionally, with Mexico, the ongoing drug war in much of the country would likely give many athletic directors and university presidents much pause. Monterey and Mexico City aren't exactly safe at the moment.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Yeahhhhh, no. Not with that awful TV contract, the clown-college nature of the MWC/CUSA merger, and the inequitable share of money come BCS season.

When Boise split in 2010, they knew that the TV contract was basically identical to the WAC/ESPN contract + cable households with The Mtn. Network. They left for about $400k in additional TV revenue meanwhile BYU, TCU and Utah left for $4M in more revenue at least for year one in a new conference.

As for an inequitable share of BCS money, even if they were in an AQ conference and went to a BCS bowl, that does not mean that they would receive all of the BCS payout. Regardless if Thompson (or Karl Benson) had a participating BCS team in his conference from the start, it is their error that they, as part of the BCS, never got clarification on who would get that additional share, all non-AQs or the conference who had the participating team.

Well, I think they would have looked nice with a B1G logo on the jersey, but their style of play definitely fits the SEC. The next 2 weeks should be interesting. The first major conference with 14 teams. I expect this to send a bigger ripple through the NCAA ranks. There is money to be had, had it will be.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

Well, I think they would have looked nice with a B1G logo on the jersey, but their style of play definitely fits the SEC. The next 2 weeks should be interesting. The first major conference with 14 teams. I expect this to send a bigger ripple through the NCAA ranks. There is money to be had, had it will be.

Well the ACC has already expanded to 14, just waiting on to find out when Pitt and Cuse can come over. My guess whatever the WVU-Big East settlement is will guide for those two.

And college sports dies just a little more with that press conference.

Goodbye, Civil War. Hello, Missouri selling its soul for $EC cash.

Yeah, cuz their primary concern should be "how will it make Kansas feel?"

Mizzou wants to continue the rivalry. It's KU who's whining and saying they don't want to play em.