Division 1 College Conference Realignment

dfwabel

Time to bump this thread.

I've been hearing rumors of the Big East eyeing BYU, Army and Air Force. Nothing substantial yet, but I wonder if they're trying to stay relevant by being the first of the "Power 6" to hit 16 teams.

Seeing as how a lot of these soon-to-be-newcomers to the Big East are joining as football-only interests shows you that Big East football will be a dying ember once the 4-team playoff era begins.

As Hedley bluntly said it, the Big East is no longer part of any Power 6.

Come 2014, they are out of the "contract"major bowls and into the much lesser money "access" bowls. The only thing which will make them more relevant (financially and media wise) than the MAC, CUSA, Sun Belt, MWC is that they will have a much greater regular season TV contract.

UNC

Duke

Florida State

Miami

Unless Miami gets absolutely raped by the NCAA the ACC would still split up Miami and Florida State with hope of a Miami-FSU championship game. They'd then develop a schedule that keeps permanent cross over opponents.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

UNC

Duke

Florida State

Miami

Unless Miami gets absolutely raped by the NCAA the ACC would still split up Miami and Florida State with hope of a Miami-FSU championship game. They'd then develop a schedule that keeps permanent cross over opponents.

I was torn on this. Would the ACC rather have a FSU Miami title game or have them play guaranteed every year.

• 3 weeks later...

Well played, gentlemen, well played.

They did it sole to keep UCF-USF, UConn-Rutgers, and Louisville-Cinci together. They'll rework the divisions once Navy and #14 join.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

Army, Air Force and BYU to go to 16.

NCFA-FCS/CBB: Minnesota A&M | RANZBA (OOTP): Auckland Warriors | USA: Front Range United | IFA: Toverit Helsinki | FOBL: Kentucky Juggernaut

Minnesota A&M 2012 National Champions 2013 National Finalist, 2014 National Semi-finals 2012, 2013, 2014 Big 4 Conference Champions

Espn reporting Maryland in negotiations with Big 10. If they move Rutgers would join them.

If that happens I would hope Big 10 switch to an east west division luneup so both get out in the same division as Penn St.

ACC expansion basically ended home and home for the Terps with Duke and UVA. That and the added money of the Big 10 might let them move.

Espn reporting Maryland in negotiations with Big 10. If they move Rutgers would join them.

If that happens I would hope Big 10 switch to an east west division luneup so both get out in the same division as Penn St.

ACC expansion basically ended home and home for the Terps with Duke and UVA. That and the added money of the Big 10 might let them move.

UnderArmor CEO Kevin Plank is cashing out $65 million in shares. Completely unrelated, I'm sure...

---------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway this bites. I don't want Maryland and Rutgers in the Conference. What good is New York for college football anyway?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)