Division 1 College Conference Realignment

dfwabel

Looks like the Big 12 might be getting ready to kill off the Big East once and for all.

Wait there is more. Louisville might consider a move to the Big 12 if a call from Dallas is made. And don’t be surprised if Boise State also gets a call. Both schools were on the short list during the Big 12′s recent configuration process in which Texas A&M and Missouri went to the SEC and TCU and West Virginia joined the Big 12.

http://ajerseyguy.com/?p=3599

• Like 1

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Looks like the Big 12 might be getting ready to kill off the Big East once and for all.

Wait there is more. Louisville might consider a move to the Big 12 if a call from Dallas is made. And don’t be surprised if Boise State also gets a call. Both schools were on the short list during the Big 12′s recent configuration process in which Texas A&M and Missouri went to the SEC and TCU and West Virginia joined the Big 12.

Can't wait to get off the sinking ship that is the BE. If Louisville goes, the Big XII better bring Cincinnati or Boise State. Cincy has the rivalry factor and Boise, for many years, a staple for the BCS.

Orlando%20Magic_zpsjn8kx3lf.png

A lot may happen in the next week or so. Been calling this for a long time on here. Traditionalist called me crazy.

At least one Conference had to make a move that was objectively insane to pull this off. We weren't wrong.

Can't wait to get off the sinking ship that is the BE. If Louisville goes, the Big XII better bring Cincinnati or Boise State. Cincy has the rivalry factor and Boise, for many years, a staple for the BCS.

What makes you think Hicktown Kentucky Community College is in a position to make demands?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

The Big 12 doesn't give a :censored: about Louisville's rivalry with the podunk Cincinnati Bearcats.

A lot may happen in the next week or so. Been calling this for a long time on here. Traditionalist called me crazy.

At least one Conference had to make a move that was objectively insane to pull this off. We weren't wrong.

That's my point. I saw the insane behavior coming. NCAA football has been insane for years. Just in different ways. Still, the craziest of American sports.

So Georgia Tech shows up in some Big Ten rumors.

Anybody want to take a stab at naming something more quixotic than the Big Ten trying to establish a presence in Atlanta?

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Anybody want to take a stab at naming something more quixotic than the Big Ten trying to establish a presence in Atlanta?

Miami is in there too. Wackiness a plenty.

Hell, grab North Carolina and Miami and just double down on the whole "postseason ineligible" thing.

Today, we are all otaku.

Hearing rumors that this is another step in Jim Delaney's master plan (which I have to imagine is written with crayon in the middle of a Lisa Frank coloring book) of a 16 team super-conference that ends with getting North Carolina into the B10.

Going back to rams' point, if this is nothing more than the B10 playing the role of "spurned lover turned arsonist" to Notre Dame, I would be slightly surprised. Don't get me wrong, nothing would make me happier than a 4 super conference alignment with ND freezing out in the cold of football independence, but I'm not sure what Rutgers or Maryland bring to the table outside of being located somewhat near large metropolitan areas. If you ask me, a school like Boston College would be a much better fit than a Rutgers from an academic and athletic tradition standpoint.

Hell, grab North Carolina and Miami and just double down on the whole "postseason ineligible" thing.

Lol, be careful what you wish for. They have been mentioned too. The B1G will go to 16 sooner rather than later.

Lol, be careful what you wish for. They have been mentioned too. The B1G will go to 16 sooner rather than later.

Hence why I mentioned them. At least North Carolina has the appropriate academic profile for the Conference (large Public Ivy). At least until their accreditation gets pulled for the little "football and basketball grading scandal".

Today, we are all otaku.

Penn State and Nebraska made sense.

Maryland is a stretch but I can accept it.

Rutgers??? Nothing against Rutgers it just doesn't make sense in the B1G.

Well Maryland and Jersey both at least touch the B10 footprint. West Virginia doesn't even come close to Big 12 country.

Hence why I mentioned them. At least North Carolina has the appropriate academic profile for the Conference (large Public Ivy). At least until their accreditation gets pulled for the little "football and basketball grading scandal".

But it's okay because they put normal students in the fake classes too...

And to help out the rumors that UNC is going to be the final team in the B1G Superconference, it's Jim Delaney's alma mater.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Going back to rams' point, if this is nothing more than the B10 playing the role of "spurned lover turned arsonist" to Notre Dame, I would be slightly surprised. Don't get me wrong, nothing would make me happier than a 4 super conference alignment with ND freezing out in the cold of football independence, but I'm not sure what Rutgers or Maryland bring to the table outside of being located somewhat near large metropolitan areas. If you ask me, a school like Boston College would be a much better fit than a Rutgers from an academic and athletic tradition standpoint.

I agree with you on BC being a better fit, but I'm willing to bet this has everything to do with it:

34951n8.png

Obviously, Rutgers and Maryland do NOT have much pull in their respective markets, but you know Delaney is thinking about BTN... and even having access to those areas in the event either team suddenly starts trending upward again, he'll look like a $mart man.

There may not be a lot of people in New York that care about Rutgers but there are plenty of Michigan, Penn State, Illinois, etc. alums in New York that would watch the BTN to see their teams.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg