Division 1 College Conference Realignment

dfwabel

What is the rumor du jour? UConn and UVA to the B1G.

The worst of both worlds.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

This is from Brian Miller of the Tallahassee Democrat.

@ bricmiller

Just heard from someone tied to Big East, Louisville to the ACC w/ Cincy, UConn to likely follow.

Which may confirm the other rumor I heard today. The Big East will dissolve next week.

Hope it happens.

Well, he erased his tweet so who knows.

@ bricmiller

Just heard from someone tied to Big East, Louisville to the ACC w/ Cincy, UConn to likely follow.

Which may confirm the other rumor I heard today. The Big East will dissolve next week.

Hope it happens.

Wouldn't that mean that it was right? And if true, thank the lord Wake will have a spot at the big boy table.

JaiBirdDesignSig.png

@ bricmiller

Hope it happens.

Wouldn't that mean that it was right? And if true, thank the lord Wake will have a spot at the big boy table.

Maybe. I don't think this stops more deflections, though. If anything, they are preparing for more.

@ bricmiller

Hope it happens.

Maybe. I don't think this stops more deflections, though. If anything, they are preparing for more.

True, but wasn't 16 the "safe" number for a super conference?

JaiBirdDesignSig.png

@ bricmiller

Hope it happens.

More will come once the BE dissolves. I still think FSU voted no for a reason. Just like Maryland did. We also know the Big10 and SEC aren't done. Did the ACC plan to go to 16? I'm sure they did. I don't think they expected to do so this quickly. Feels like an emergency.

@ bricmiller

Hope it happens.

More will come once the BE dissolves. I still think FSU voted no for a reason. Just like Maryland did. We also know the Big10 and SEC aren't done. Did the ACC plan to go to 16? I'm sure they did. I don't think they expected to do so this quickly. Feels like an emergency.

I could see the ACC and Big Ten picking apart the Big East and the Pac 12 and SEC getting the Big 12

JaiBirdDesignSig.png

Possibly. People need to keep an open mind about this. I do think Texas and Oklahoma would rather play in the Eastern time zone than the Pacific time zone.I would think they would push for FSU/Clemson rather than play in Seattle and LA.

Yes, and they may go to the SEC. I understand your concerns about football competition wise, but what can the ACC do about it? Each conference has its share of low competition. Because FSU and Iowa State would definitely fill the stands at Doak.

JaiBirdDesignSig.png

Possibly. People need to keep an open mind about this. I do think Texas and Oklahoma would rather play in the Eastern time zone than the Pacific time zone.I would think they would push for FSU/Clemson rather than play in Seattle and LA.

Yes, and they may go to the SEC. I understand your concerns about football competition wise, but what can the ACC do about it? Each conference has its share of low competition. Because FSU and Iowa State would definitely fill the stands at Doak.

Problem is, the ACC is just about nothing but Iowa States. Want to know the problem? Look at your stadium on a Saturday. No one pumps money in football. Don't forget, no 3rd tier rights, way less tv money, Orange bowl winner taking millions less than the other big name bowls in this NWO. They don't act like the big boys when it comes to $$$.

I don't see Florida State going to the SEC. If the Big XII makes it through all of this and the ACC does not, I think FSU and Clemson can be penciled in for the Big XII, with Georgia Tech and North Carolina shortly there after.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

I don't see Florida State going to the SEC. If the Big XII makes it through all of this and the ACC does not, I think FSU and Clemson can be penciled in for the Big XII, with Georgia Tech and North Carolina shortly there after.

I also think they will land in the Big12. I do think the SEC is more possible than people think. It wasn't that long ago they got invited.

I see Texas as the next domino to fall. Texas and another solid academic school like Kansas would give the Big Ten 16 teams and plunge realignemnt into chaos for one final time. I just don't see Virginia and UNC going to the Big Ten. No huge TV market!

Actually it would the decision of the ACC to pick Louisville or UConn. If the 'Ville goes to the ACC, FSU and Clemson is most likely to stay and the Big XII will get raided. If Connecticut is selected, FSU and Clemson will leave and the ACC would become the BE.

Orlando%20Magic_zpsjn8kx3lf.png

I see Texas as the next domino to fall. Texas and another solid academic school like Kansas would give the Big Ten 16 teams and plunge realignemnt into chaos for one final time. I just don't see Virginia and UNC going to the Big Ten. No huge TV market!

Texas has everything it wants in the Big12. It is their conference. I would think it would take defectors for them to move. They had their chance to go not long ago. They wont leave Texas and Oklahoma schools for the Ohio Valley. Some schools would have to go with them. Kansas means nothing to Texas.

I wish someone could step in and centralize some of this musical chairs crap, but the problem is that if the NCAA tried, everyone would just quit the NCAA. Bunch of feudal lords and their vassals, minus the v.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫