Division 1 College Conference Realignment

dfwabel

Anyone from the DC area know how credible Kevin Jones is? He seems dead set that GT and UVA will be Big10 bound come Monday.

https://twitter.com/Mr_KevinJones

The fact the major outlets are ignoring this should tell you everything you need to know. The Notre Dame move, the Rutgers/MD moves all happened fast but under cover of night and not with tweeters just throwing stuff on the wall in the hopes it sticks. But we're seeing lots of it.

NCFA-FCS/CBB: Minnesota A&M | RANZBA (OOTP): Auckland Warriors | USA: Front Range United | IFA: Toverit Helsinki | FOBL: Kentucky Juggernaut

Minnesota A&M 2012 National Champions 2013 National Finalist, 2014 National Semi-finals 2012, 2013, 2014 Big 4 Conference Champions

Same thing last year for the C-USA. Southern Miss won and they haven't been publicly considered yet.

Southern Miss also went 0-12 this year, so....

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

They also went 12-2 and won their conference last year.

I'm just saying, I don't think they are going to be approached by any conference any time soon.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Anyone from the DC area know how credible Kevin Jones is? He seems dead set that GT and UVA will be Big10 bound come Monday.

https://twitter.com/Mr_KevinJones

The fact the major outlets are ignoring this should tell you everything you need to know. The Notre Dame move, the Rutgers/MD moves all happened fast but under cover of night and not with tweeters just throwing stuff on the wall in the hopes it sticks. But we're seeing lots of it.

I follow the same line of thinking. If memory serves, not one source has broken multiple realignment stories... At least not when it comes to the major conferences. I will continue to say that Georgia Tech is a mistake over Kansas State or North Carolina.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

Also, :censored: Notre Dame. I don't want them in the Big Ten-they wreck every league they are in solely because they are hellbent on looking out for themselves alone; their loyalties within the league would always be suspect; and they make unreasonable demands that would instantly cause the league to fly apart.

Ding, ding, ding. We have a winner.

• Like 1

Also, :censored: Notre Dame. I don't want them in the Big Ten-they wreck every league they are in solely because they are hellbent on looking out for themselves alone; their loyalties within the league would always be suspect; and they make unreasonable demands that would instantly cause the league to fly apart.

Hint: In this modern college landscape, every school is looking out for themselves. No one wants to be left behind in the also-ran conferences that will exist when the dust settles. Notre Dame is no different than any other school that's not tied down in this regard.

Hint: In this modern college landscape, every school is looking out for themselves. No one wants to be left behind in the also-ran conferences that will exist when the dust settles. Notre Dame is no different than any other school that's not tied down in this regard.

To a point. If you're already in one of the safe power leagues, you are going to feel a decent amount of loyalty to the overall institution and marching to the same drummer. Unless you're Notre Dame that is. The Irish would want too many breaks for that to work out.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

To a point. If you're already in one of the safe power leagues, you are going to feel a decent amount of loyalty to the overall institution and marching to the same drummer. Unless you're Notre Dame that is. The Irish would want too many breaks for that to work out.

Just curious -- what are the safe leagues? By my count, it's Big Ten and SEC, and maybe the Pac-##. If you're in the Big XII and ACC, it seems like there's a very good chance you're not feeling too confident of the long-term health of your league.

The ACC looked like a megaconference when VT, Miami and BC made the jump a few years back. Now, they're next after the Big East in one-time powers to be dissolved.

And that's to say nothing of how much this is screwing college basketball (among other sports)...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Just curious -- what are the safe leagues? By my count, it's Big Ten and SEC, and maybe the Pac-##. If you're in the Big XII and ACC, it seems like there's a very good chance you're not feeling too confident of the long-term health of your league.

Just those 3. (Big Ten, SEC, Pac-12)

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

You could probably include the MAC. Since the last realignment when the ACC picked up BC, Miami, and VT, the MAC has only lost UCF (well outside the rest of the conference geographically), Marshall, and Temple (football only anyway, and returning to their old conference). They're still at 13 and I never see rumors about their teams going anywhere.

The MAC isn't a power league.

Powerful no, stable yes. I honestly think Cincy should/could/would consider the MAC if they somehow wind up being left outside the Mega Conference expansion. That would be dependent on a Big East collapse though.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

The ACC and Big12 will battle for the last spot at the table. I got to say, I like the Big12's chances.

I like their chance better than say two weeks ago. Depends on what the B16 Ten is doing. The PAC 12 doesn't seem to be looking at much. I think they are hoping the OK/TX teams fall in to their laps. For the sake of college sports, I hope the ACC survives over the Big XII.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

I'm not even sure the Pac 12's a safe league. They aren't going to be raided, but if the Big XII becomes stronger than it already is, who is the Pac 12 going to add to get to 16? I can never see the Pac 12 adding Boise State or even BYU.