Division 1 College Conference Realignment

dfwabel

But that article is talking about football and non football schools, say these leagues just start splitting off into such conferences then even getting to 12-14 will require poaching a more shuffling. More teams moving up into div 1 are they not? Can fight the inabilible...

But that article is talking about football and non football schools, say these leagues just start splitting off into such conferences then even getting to 12-14 will require poaching a more shuffling. More teams moving up into div 1 are they not? Can fight the inabilible...

I don't think you quite grasped what that article was saying. Try it again.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Didn't Idaho play in the Sun Belt in football just a few years ago?

Ayup. And New Mexico State was a full member at the same time.

Today, we are all otaku.

I'm surprised by the Sun Belt, actually. They're also gaining FCS powers Appalachian State and Georgia Southern in a couple years. Coupled with semi-good-and-occasionally-great teams like ULM and Arkansas State, the Sun Belt is becoming a decent mid-major conference.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

So does anybody realy think navy is gonna stick around in the "America 12" conference or they leave before 2015 and say oh UMASS get the spot? Great way to piss off your last northeast school(uconn). So how soon do uconn, Cincy and USF leave? And who replaces the teams leaving the CAA & SoCon? What's the rumor on where JMU is going, A-10 I assume?

Tulsa joining The Conference Formerly Known as Big East in 2014.

So with the rumored "America 12" at 12 in 2015, makes ya wonder who Conference USA will try poaching this time. My guess is Georgia State or Texas State from the Sun Belt (maybe both).

CUSA is taking Western Kentucky, or at least that has been the presumption for months.

The domino after that is that JMU or Delaware will enter the Sun Belt, per the rumor mill. If either of those happen, I'll be 100x happier with the move to FBS ball.

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% about how you react to it.
App State Mountaineers / Alabama Crimson Tide / Atlanta Braves / New York Jets / Atlanta Hawks
"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards." [Bear Bryant]
Redmond Rampage

So does anybody realy think navy is gonna stick around in the "America 12" conference or they leave before 2015 and say oh UMASS get the spot? Great way to piss off your last northeast school(uconn). So how soon do uconn, Cincy and USF leave? And who replaces the teams leaving the CAA & SoCon? What's the rumor on where JMU is going, A-10 I assume?

Rumor I heard was JMU is going to go to the MAC in Football while possibly going to the A-10 in the rest of the sports or just MAC all together, JMU wants to upgrade their program, I wouldn't be surprised if Delaware does the same. Same rumblings kept going on with Montana going to Mountain West & the WAC before the WAC died out.

baltimoreravens.png

So with the rumored "America 12" at 12 in 2015, makes ya wonder who Conference USA will try poaching this time. My guess is Georgia State or Texas State from the Sun Belt (maybe both).

CUSA is taking Western Kentucky, or at least that has been the presumption for months.

The domino after that is that JMU or Delaware will enter the Sun Belt, per the rumor mill. If either of those happen, I'll be 100x happier with the move to FBS ball.

Gosh, Delaware really doesn't want to play Delaware State, do they...

Today, we are all otaku.

Gosh, Delaware really doesn't want to play Delaware State, do they...

UD only has room for one cupcake on its schedule, WCU. :therock:

Rumor I heard was JMU is going to go to the MAC in Football while possibly going to the A-10 in the rest of the sports or just MAC all together, JMU wants to upgrade their program, I wouldn't be surprised if Delaware does the same. Same rumblings kept going on with Montana going to Mountain West & the WAC before the WAC died out.

The MAC is not going to take James Madison.