Division 1 College Conference Realignment

dfwabel

The SEC should stay the same, The Big 10 adds Nebraska,Notre Dame, Rutgers, Pitt and Mizzou. The Pac 10 adds the Big 12 South.

Mountain West adds Boise St, Kansas, and Nevada. Kansas St to Big East. Iowa St and Baylor go to C-USA.

Ideally there are 120 FBS schools, so there should be 10 12 team conferences, but for some reason it never does.

South Alabama is starting a football program which is supposed to be in the Sun Belt by 2013, so there will be 121 FBS schools.

Kansas City TV Network says Texas/Texas A&M to Big Ten, OU to SEC, OK State to Pac 10

This is probably a huge rumor that will not happen, but very interesting

That would be some :censored: up realignment.

That is a rumor as well as the report from TMZ Sports that OkieState has received a Pac-10 invite.

TMZ reporting on sports must mean it's a slow day in Hollywood...

If these rumors are true, the Big Ten will hold patient at 14 teams with Nebraska, Texas, and Texas A&M being added. They'll then patiently wait for Notre Dame to succumb to all the movement and join in. At that point they'll see who's left and add the best fit, be it Mizzou, Syracuse, Rutgers, Maryland, or someone else.

And should that play out, it would truly be a coup for the Big Ten.

Big Ten's not gonna get Texas. Texas is gonna tell the Big Ten that they're bringing all their Texas buddies, and the Big Ten will simply say "Screw You", and grab Notre Dame...

The PAC-10 seems to have open arms, barking "Come one, come all"...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

If these rumors are true, the Big Ten will hold patient at 14 teams with Nebraska, Texas, and Texas A&M being added. They'll then patiently wait for Notre Dame to succumb to all the movement and join in. At that point they'll see who's left and add the best fit, be it Mizzou, Syracuse, Rutgers, Maryland, or someone else.

Big Ten's not gonna get Texas. Texas is gonna tell the Big Ten that they're bringing all their Texas buddies, and the Big Ten will simply say "Screw You", and grab Notre Dame...

1-Lew Perkins will resign from Kansas after 2011 academic year

2-Texas A&M Vice President/Marketing & Communications, Jason Cook, made teh following statement today.

?Officials from Texas A&M University and the University of Texas met in Austin today to discuss several topics of mutual interest to both institutions regarding recent developments affecting the Big 12 Conference. No decisions were made or agreements reached as a result of these discussions.?

3-It is clear to me that Chip Brown is be leaked information by the University of Texas in terms of what they want us to know. His latest tweet said, "Texas, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State and Texas Tech appear to be in lock step to the Pac-10 but will wait til next week to announce anything." Notice who is missing? TAMU.

b-b-b-b-but the Lofty Academic Standards

...aren't as important as crushing the Big XII. Who would have guessed?

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

1-Lew Perkins will resign from Kansas after 2011 academic year

2-Texas A&M Vice President/Marketing & Communications, Jason Cook, made teh following statement today.

?Officials from Texas A&M University and the University of Texas met in Austin today to discuss several topics of mutual interest to both institutions regarding recent developments affecting the Big 12 Conference. No decisions were made or agreements reached as a result of these discussions.?

3-It is clear to me that Chip Brown is be leaked information by the University of Texas in terms of what they want us to know. His latest tweet said, "Texas, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State and Texas Tech appear to be in lock step to the Pac-10 but will wait til next week to announce anything." Notice who is missing? TAMU.

Chip Brown followed that up by saying Texas A&M are talking with the SEC. It looks like they will follow the rest of the Big 12 south out west or go east. It doesn't look like that Big Ten rumor today was true.

b-b-b-b-but the Lofty Academic Standards

...aren't as important as crushing the Big XII. Who would have guessed? making an assload of money.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

This whole debacle (and the rumour mill) could be put to rest this way:

OUT:

70yox0z4pkkwwedhxgo92kp9f.gifu5a0z147qunbzxwnec8ef7bkl.gifBigTen.png

7367.giflogo.jpg

IN:

iu01050mxpzmj4zqegb0vvhgu.gif2658.gif9r1q0dwy7wdjqae9nn8ghwtu8.gifbig-12-conference-logo.png

It'd make way more sense. Rivalries would include Kansas/Kansas State, Iowa/Iowa State, Colorado/Colorado State. Plus, it'd establish an even stronger Big 12 North, even without Nebraska. Replace Baylor with TCU, and this would be golden...

Sigh, if only.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

Matter of time really.

But what truly bugs me about all these articles is that none of them explicitly says when the conferences will realign in their new forms.

I know most have said that the new Pac-10(16?) and the new Big 10 would go into effect in 2012. Now, what about Boise? Will this be this year or next?

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Note that article says that the WAC is considering looking at FCS schools to move up to FBS. Personally, I say the Sky's the limit (literally)

I would LOVE to see any of these schools in the WAC (but I think Montana's a shoo-in to move up. Football AND basketball are both dominant there!)

bYhYmxh.png

Nebraska is going to the Big Ten in 2011, not 2012. Jim Delaney just whipped it out for all the world to see.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Matter of time really.

But what truly bugs me about all these articles is that none of them explicitly says when the conferences will realign in their new forms.

I know most have said that the new Pac-10(16?) and the new Big 10 would go into effect in 2012. Now, what about Boise? Will this be this year or next?

Yahoo says Boise State's move to the MWC will be effective July 1, 2011.

http://sports.yahoo.com/top/news?slug=ap-mountainwest-boisestate

Boise State-Utah could be a potential rivalry

With TCU and BYU in that mix...that's a top four better than a few BCS conferences' top four! (So now there's no excuse not to make the Mountain West an automatic BCS conference)

bYhYmxh.png

Except that the BCS is about to die, and get replaced by a Big 10/Pac-10/SEC/ACC(?) playoff.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Back at the end of April I posted this in the thread:

Interesting dicussion on this on ESPN radio the other day, and I have to agree with the general tilt of what they were saying:

-- If the Big Ten adds ONE more team (say Notre Dame, OR Syracuse, OR Pitt, etc.) everything remains hunky-dory and pretty much the same in regards to the rest of the conferences. Big Ten will then get their championship game, and the Big East loses no more than 1 member (none if the 12th Big Ten team is Notre Dame).

-- If the Big Ten becomes the Big 14, (ostensibly by raiding the Big East of Rutgers, Syracuse and Pitt), then look out. It'll be a free-for all. The SEC will be after 2 or more ACC teams, notably Fla. State, Miami, Ga Tech and Clemson. The ACC may go after Florida from the SEC. The Big East may go after its former members Va Tech, Boston College, Miami. The Big 12 may go after other teams... it'll be a mad house.

Looks like the mad house scenario is underway. Not happening exactly as they discussed, but with Colorado gone to the Pac-10(11), Nebraska to the Big 10, and Boise State headed to the Mountain West, it will be interesting to see how this all plays out. The Big 12 has already lost 2; the Texas teams will be the lynchpin of this whole thing. I keep hearing Texas and other Big 12 south division teams going to the Pac 10, or Texas to the Big 10; there was a story earlier today about Texas A&M and Va Tech going to the SEC, etc.

But let's look at it like this: no conference has YET broken the 12 team barrier and made its move to become the super-conference. There is still the off-chance that this situation may end with just a little shuffling: the Big 12 could gain two more members (from non-BCS conferences, notably the WAC, C-USA West Division or Mountain West) to stay at 12 teams and maintain their championship game, the Pac 10 may or may not pick up an additional team to get to 12 and start a championship series, while the Big 10 stops with 12 and a new championship. At this point, neither the Big East, ACC or SEC have been affected or have made a move. But I do believe that if (or when) one of the conferences (mostl likely the Big 10) makes its move to go beyond 12 teams, then all bets are off and we'll be in the mad rush of conferences seeing who they can add to become a 16 team super conference, which will be a scenario of conferences going away and wholesale changes coming into effect.

It is what it is.