Division 1 College Conference Realignment

dfwabel

"With Oklahoma and Texas joining the SEC, the conference has decided to call themselves the SESC (South Eastern Super Conference)".

Not an actual quote obviously, but these moves would make them by far the best in football. I don't believe in them acquire schools like Ohio State and Michigan, though if they do add more teams, it kind of feels like they should be in their own division of the NCAA (kinda joking, but also not...?).

I'm tired of the SEC and everyone in it.

• Like 7

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Ugh I hate this so much. I loved how regional the sport was and how every major conference had it’s own personality.  It feels like the sport is currently trending to a European Super League 2.0 structure. I could easily see conferences wanting to kick out middling members and replace them with moneymaking powers until we’re left with 2/3 megaconferences with all the smaller schools being basically the new FCS. 

• Like 2

i have unquantifiable corpses on my conscience 

#*&%  the Southeastern Conference,  #*&% Power Five football, and #*&% conference realignment.  #*&% the avarice of conference commissioners and university athletic directors, #*&% the egotism of "prestige" coaches and jock-sniffing boosters,  and #*&% the ineffectual effort of NCAA officials and so-called university "leaders". In short, #*&% "big time college athletics".

A plague o' all their houses.      

• Like 9

4 hours ago, NormMacdonald said:

College sports as we know them are gonna change for the worse. It's one thing to have unprecedented dynasties, it's another to obliterate the regional aspect of conferences to jam as many good programs as possible into a conference

This is a big reason to why I began following the lower divisions of college football in the last decade. Don't get me wrong, I still watch FBS ball.  After all that's where all the elite players are. Now following the FCS, D2 and D3 season has filled a void (for me anyways) that FBS has lost due to the conference realignments.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

30 minutes ago, Brian in Boston said:

#*&%  the Southeastern Conference,  #*&% Power Five football, and #*&% conference realignment.  #*&% the avarice of conference commissioners and university athletic directors, #*&% the egotism of "prestige" coaches and jock-sniffing boosters,  and #*&% the ineffectual effort of NCAA officials and so-called university "leaders". In short, #*&% "big time college athletics".

A plague o' all their houses.      

NCAA football has always been about corruption and resource accumulation. It's a joke through and through and I applaud its self destruction.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

The Power 5 is dead, long live the Power 1.

This would be the finishing blow for college sports as we know it. Unfortunately for us, no amount of fan backlash will be strong enough to kill this Super League like it killed the European one.

• Like 2

ExJworW.png

57 minutes ago, Magic Dynasty said:

This would be the finishing blow for college sports as we know it. Unfortunately for us, no amount of fan backlash will be strong enough to kill this Super League like it killed the European one.

Eh - he doesn't have a blue check. What's his history?

It's where I sit.

2 hours ago, Magic Dynasty said:

The entire first round of a future NFL Draft will come from this league.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

NCAA football has always been about corruption and resource accumulation. It's a joke through and through and I applaud its self destruction.

The venality surrounding the "revenue sports" in major college athletics - particularly, "big time" college football and basketball - is both an embarrassment and an outrage through and through. That said, there's sadly nothing laughable about it. 

• Like 1

Soooooo who does the ACC go after if Notre Dame doesn't want to join?

The ND-ACC deal is through 2036 but with an expanded playoff, they're probably cool with having more access to the playoff and wouldn't feel the need to join, they'll just keep their 5 ACC games a year. 

If that's the case, I could see Cinci or Memphis getting the call. They're both decent to good enough at least in basketball and football, add back old rivalries (both were in the Metro with GT, Louisville, Florida State, and VT). This assumes TT, TCU, Baylor, and Okie State go to the PAC. Memphis doesn't get the league much in recruiting but Cinci would get the league into Ohio.

The greatest thing of the whole realignment will be if Liberty is still stuck without a conference when the music stops.

• Like 1

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

On 7/23/2021 at 6:28 PM, heavybass said:

Bloody impossible, does the SEC want to destroy the NCAA because that's how you do it.

NCAA is already dead, it just doesn’t know it yet. 

I’m calling BS on Ohio State and Michigan joining the SEC, though. Just reeks of nonsense. 

• Like 1