Division 1 College Conference Realignment

dfwabel

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

How many schools in the B1G play lacrosse?

It's not like the ACC has enough members to qualify for an autobid either.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Texas and Oklahoma ready to join the Pac 12, which means Texas Tech and Oklahoma State are ready to join the Pac 12. I'm excited to see the fallout. Big East 12/Big Leftovers Conference? Mizzou and Maryland to the B1G? West Virginia and Texas A&M to the SEC?

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

I look for Colorado to block or vote against any Pac-12 expansion involving Texas and/or Oklahoma. They didn't want to be part of a conference that had divisions along east and west.

Which is probably why you're going to see a 4 team pod setup for scheduling.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I look for Colorado to block or vote against any Pac-12 expansion involving Texas and/or Oklahoma. They didn't want to be part of a conference that had divisions along east and west.

Colorado doesn't care. Besides, they're the newest member. They carry no clout whatsoever.

The B1G should have pursued Pitt and Mizzou, but they let Pitt slide.

The same Pitt who wanted to sue the ACC when they took BC, VaTech, and Miami? Heck, they sued BC at that time.

The same Pitt whose basketball coach recruited TCU to join The Big East.

B1G was correct in knowing that they already had Pennsylvania with Penn State and did not get involved with Pitt.

Colorado doesn't care. Besides, they're the newest member. They carry no clout whatsoever.

They also suck. I'm still not sure why the PAC even wanted them. Where else are they going to go, a non-AQ conference?

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

They also suck. I'm still not sure why the PAC even wanted them. Where else are they going to go, a non-AQ conference?

Because 1, they have a great fanbase. 2. they expand the PAC-12 map. 3. They are a great university (if not a bit of a party school). 4. They've been historically great at football, and I don't think they'll be down forever. They've been trying to get Colorado into the conference for a long time.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Which rivalries will the Irish abandon if they move to the ACC?

Bye-bye Michigan St. and Purdue.

My guess they keep Michigan and USC. They may keep Navy as an out of conference breather or use the third non conference game as a rotation to keep scheduling "nationally"

...or ND can/should just joint he Big 10, so they keep Michigan, Michigan State, and Purdue. Use one of the non-conference games for USC and be dont with it.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

...or ND can/should just joint he Big 10, so they keep Michigan, Michigan State, and Purdue. Use one of the non-conference games for USC and be dont with it.

Read the article. The ACC's pitch would be continued access to the East Coast media markets and southern recruiting territory. Joining the Big Ten long term would mean hitching your wagon to the rust belt area that is currently losing population. Notre Dame wants to be seen a national university first and foremost, but short of that they rather been seen as an Eastern school than a mid-west school.

Now I'm not sure Notre Dame joins the ACC. I think the Big East catholic schools will try and do something to keep the Notre Dame non-football teams and keep that league alive in some form (even if a non-football form). If Notre Dame still has an acceptable place to them for their non-football sports then it will remain independent. If it loses that and has to pick a conference I could see the ACC being in play.

I just don't understand why we don't disband conferences and go all independents. I know that sounds crazy, but are we really that far away from having so many super conferences that one day we'll have just one? If everyone goes independent, they can schedule who they want, get the money they want and it still wouldn't change the fact that big name schools will be the ones vying for the Mythical National Championship.

I have a gut feeling the ACC will look past WVU's academic "shortcomings" and will accept WVU along with UConn when realizing how much $$$ WVU could bring in for the conference, not only because we have a strong fan base, but because there would be many instant rivalries in the ACC if we joined. (Maryland, Pitt, VT to name a few)

But I have no idea really. This whole thing is stressing me out. I really don't want to be in the mutant Big 12/East :cry:

90758391980.gif

I have a gut feeling the ACC will look past WVU's academic "shortcomings" and will accept WVU along with UConn when realizing how much $$$ WVU could bring in for the conference, not only because we have a strong fan base, but because there would be many instant rivalries in the ACC if we joined. (Maryland, Pitt, VT to name a few)

But I have no idea really. This whole thing is stressing me out. I really don't want to be in the mutant Big 12/East :cry:

I would also agree. I think WVU would benefit more from the ACC then the SEC, not only in football but basketball as well.

baltimoreravens.png

I read somewhere that supposedly the Big East is making Cuse and Pitt stay the full 27 months which means they won't be able to join the ACC until Fall 2014. 3 basketball seasons with at the very least 2 lame ducks? I think we're gonna see that number renegotiated to a 2012 or 2013 football season

oEQ0ySg.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29 // College Crosse: Where I write, chat, and infograph lacrosse

Where does BYU fall in all of this? Granted, they made the decision to go independent in football, but that was before things started melting down again. If Notre Dame goes to the B1G or ACC, they'd be the only independent out there other than the service academies (who don't really count since they choose not to seriously compete). They wanted to be the Notre Dame of the West...can that sort of deal be better than trying to join a power conference like the Pac-16 or the Big-12/Big East mashup?