Division 1 College Conference Realignment

dfwabel

Talks about saving the Big 12 are under way. From what I hear A&M (obviously) and Missouri are out. SMU, Houston, TCU, and BYU are reportedly getting invited in.

Why would they invite TCU who is already joining the seemingly stable for now Big East?

From my understanding, TCU wants out of the Big East now. I'm just hearing it from someone who's in with the Big XII, it could be wishful thinking, I dunno.

East Carolina apparently thinks it's important

rams, now's the time to do the archemedes laugh

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Good for ECU. They deserve to! Good, solid program that contends. See this what I like to see, none of this Texas/OU going to the Pac 12 and what not, schools like ECU doing their best to get into a good conference, so they have at least have a shot at quality bowl game or better.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Here's a weird rumor: apparently the Mountain West and Conference USA are considering a "federation" setup - both conferences have separate conference play and conference championship games, but the Mountain West and Conference USA champions play each other afterwards for the BCS bowl bid. There's actually a very good chance that this MWC/CUSA combo would become AQ, since it looks like either the Big 12 or Big East will fold or at least get demoted, and the BCS feels they need six AQ conferences to survive. They'd really have no other option than to give an automatic bid to MWC/CUSA and be done with it.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Good for ECU. They deserve to! Good, solid program that contends. See this what I like to see, none of this Texas/OU going to the Pac 12 and what not, schools like ECU doing their best to get into a good conference, so they have at least have a shot at quality bowl game or better.

LOL... if they go AQ, there's really no excuse left for keeping Boise out. ECU is located in Tar Heel and Wolfpack country, they have no signature wins in any sport (other than Miami once in the mid-'90s but that hardly matters now), Dowdy-Ficklen Stadium will be smaller than Bronco Stadium (after renovations), and ECU can't be bringing in any ratings.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

LOL... if they go AQ, there's really no excuse left for keeping Boise out. ECU is located in Tar Heel and Wolfpack country, they have no signature wins in any sport (other than Miami once in the mid-'90s but that hardly matters now), Dowdy-Ficklen Stadium will be smaller than Bronco Stadium (after renovations), and ECU can't be bringing in any ratings.

ECU joining the Big East has nothing to do with Boise. ECU has the opportunity to join the weakest of the BCS conferences. That has no effect whatsoever on whether Boise should get into the PAC. Hell the Big Easy may not have AQ status much longer.

The Big East could do far worse than East Carolina. They are all-in-all a pretty solid program that has done passably well in the past and has picked off in the last few years NC State, Virginia Tech, West Virginia, and North Carolina.

Honestly the Big East is going to have to reach to the minors to bolster its numbers and ECU's one of the best available that reasonably fits in the Conference footprint.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

The Big East could do far worse than East Carolina. They are all-in-all a pretty solid program that has done passably well in the past and has picked off in the last few years NC State, Virginia Tech, West Virginia, and North Carolina.

Honestly the Big East is going to have to reach to the minors to bolster its numbers and ECU's one of the best available that reasonably fits in the Conference footprint.

East Carolina is moderately competitive in football, but they're pretty bad in most other sports. Why not go after schools like UCF, or Southern Miss. You know, schools that are actually competitive in sports that are more than football?

Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

UCF has never made the NCAA Tournament in men's basketball as a member of Conference USA, nor have they ever gotten out of the first round the four times they have made it to the dance.

Southern Miss is even worse in that regard; they've only been to the NCAA Tournament twice in school history, the last time happening in 1991.

I dunno about other sports, but both programs are pretty bad when it comes to men's basketball.

UCF has never made the NCAA Tournament in men's basketball as a member of Conference USA, nor have they ever gotten out of the first round the four times they have made it to the dance.

Southern Miss is even worse in that regard; they've only been to the NCAA Tournament twice in school history, the last time happening in 1991.

I dunno about other sports, but both programs are pretty bad when it comes to men's basketball.

And yet they are still better at basketball than ECU. If ECU get's accepted, then we'll all know exactly how desperate the BIg East is.

And yet they are still better at basketball than ECU. If ECU get's accepted, then we'll all know exactly how desperate the BIg East is.

Your personal opinion of how good one is over the other carries little weight in this discussion. Bring up some other reasons. Besides, as mentioned, ECU applied, not invited. If UCF wants in then apply.

Your personal opinion of how good one is over the other carries little weight in this discussion. Bring up some other reasons. Besides, as mentioned, ECU applied, not invited. If UCF wants in then apply.

Personal opinion?

East Carolina: 2005-2011

8-20, 6-24, 11-19, 13-17, 10-21, 18-16

It is not my opinion that they suck, it's a FACT that they suck.

Personal opinion?

East Carolina: 2005-2011

8-20, 6-24, 11-19, 13-17, 10-21, 18-16

It is not my opinion that they suck, it's a FACT that they suck.

Well I guess there's a reason why all these conference moves are because of football and not basketball.