Division 1 College Conference Realignment

dfwabel

I get the whole thing with TV money, but I stand completely by what I said about the NCAA. You cannot tell me they couldn't do something if they wanted to. If they cannot speak up on issues like this, then what is even the point of having the NCAA oversee any aspect of Division 1 college football? If Al Capone were named the President of the NCAA, the system wouldn't be anymore corrupt.

1% of the NCAA's budget goes towards making sure schools abidbe by the rules and regulations set forth by the NCAA, and most of that goes towards making sure schools are in complience with Title IX. You figure out how badly they actually want to shine light on how corrupt the sport has gotten.

To me its just greed at its purest form. How much money can we possibly get out of this, and to hell with the consequences both moral and social.

Let me explain why the NCAA doesn't do more.

1. NCAA really puts foot down

2. AQ conferences say "toodles" and bail out to form their own organization and take their most substantial contribution to NCAA revenues with them.

3. NCAA implodes.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Where's TCU in all of this?

Good point. Maybe TCU would stay in the new Big USA, but I suspect they'd jump to the Big XII and either Memphis or Southern Miss would stay in B*USA. No idea how you could set up divisions that would make sense that way, though.

Big XII would take TCU over SMU or Southern Miss.

Not necessarily. Baylor would love to lord being an AQ team over TCU and there are indications Texas would rather not add a strong Texas-based program to the Big XII

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Why SHOULD C-USA benefit from all this? They are a few steps below the MWC!

When has CUSA busted a bcs bowl?

Their good teams are ranked in the lower rungs of the top 20 at best and they never climb upwards.

When was the last really meaningful non-conference win for CUSA?

A few steps? That would be the WAC. That's like saying the Central Hockey League is significantly lower than the ECHL. There's a dropoff but it's only slight.

Define "meaningful". Last season:

ECU beat NC State

SMU beat Washington State

Southern Miss beat Kansas

Tulane beat Rutgers

Tulsa beat Hawaii

UCF beat UGA

UTEP beat New Mexico

This season:

Houston beat UCLA

Rice beat Purdue

UCF beat BC

Those lists include wins against AQ schools and current (or future) MWC schools. For reference, UTEP was the only C-USA team that played a MWC school (New Mexico). There's already 3 on the list for 2011 and we're just entering week 4.

And since you're a fan of analyzing a current team's success, or lack there of, and what it means for a league they're no longer in, BYU is currently losing to UCF.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

Their good teams are ranked in the lower rungs of the top 20 at best and they never climb upwards.

A few steps? That would be the WAC. That's like saying the Central Hockey League is significantly lower than the ECHL. There's a dropoff but it's only slight.

ECU beat NC State

Tulane beat Rutgers

Tulsa beat Hawaii

UCF beat UGA

UTEP beat New Mexico

This season:

Houston beat UCLA

Rice beat Purdue

UCF beat BC

Those lists include wins against AQ schools and current (or future) MWC schools. For reference, UTEP was the only C-USA team that played a MWC school (New Mexico). There's already 3 on the list for 2011 and we're just entering week 4.

And since you're a fan of analyzing a current team's success, or lack there of, and what it means for a league they're no longer in, BYU is currently losing to UCF.

BYU can walk off the cliff for all i care <_<

Ironically, i'm pulling for UCF!!

TCU's Rose Bowl win dwarfs all those little C-usa victories in one fell swoop and on close inspection, I'll give you the ECU-NCSC game as a good victory, however no better then say Utah over Pitt or say TCU's victories over Oregon St,Baylor.

I dunno, C-USA definetly jackboots the WAC. How can anyone say C-USA compares favorably with MWC?

BCS appearences:(Yep, counting Boise here)

MWC-5 or 6, depends on how you look at that one ;)

CUSA-Goose eggs

Need i say more....

utahpioneerssig_by_verasthebrujah-dbt6623.png.47ea1d18a023dde3cc5da14a646e53fb.png

ECU beat NC State

Tulane beat Rutgers

Tulsa beat Hawaii

UCF beat UGA

UTEP beat New Mexico

This season:

Houston beat UCLA

Rice beat Purdue

UCF beat BC

Citing a team beating New Mexico as reason that one league is near or at another's level is like saying the ACC is better than the SEC because Wake Forest beat Vandy last season.

If you're going to make comparisons, compare the top of one conference to the top of another conference. Anyone can beat New Mexico. Not everyone can beat Boise, TCU or Air Force.

ECU beat NC State

Tulane beat Rutgers

Tulsa beat Hawaii

UCF beat UGA

UTEP beat New Mexico

This season:

Houston beat UCLA

Rice beat Purdue

UCF beat BC

BYU can walk off the cliff for all i care <_<

Ironically, i'm pulling for UCF!!

TCU's Rose Bowl win dwarfs all those little C-usa victories in one fell swoop and on close inspection, I'll give you the ECU-NCSC game as a good victory, however no better then say Utah over Pitt or say TCU's victories over Oregon St,Baylor.

I dunno, C-USA definetly jackboots the WAC. How can anyone say C-USA compares favorably with MWC?

BCS appearences:(Yep, counting Boise here)

MWC-5 or 6, depends on how you look at that one ;)

CUSA-Goose eggs

Need i say more....

NC St was better than all three of the after mentioned teams combined last year. Oregon St didn't even make a bowl game, and Pitt barely did.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

ECU beat NC State

Tulane beat Rutgers

Tulsa beat Hawaii

UCF beat UGA

UTEP beat New Mexico

This season:

Houston beat UCLA

Rice beat Purdue

UCF beat BC

AT Rutgers. Us Syracuse fans had a field day with that at Rutgers Stadium last year ^_^

/Yes I know a MAC school will probably beat us tomorrow <_<

oEQ0ySg.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29 // College Crosse: Where I write, chat, and infograph lacrosse

Ok then lol..let's do it for all the non-BCS marbles :rolleyes:

Houston vs Boise ST...anyone??

This one is over by halftime and we can play that game in their own backyard at Reliant Stadium :P

Because one team defines a conference. :rolleyes:

C-USA is a fairly solid mid major league even if they haven't been able to haul out the one elite team.

Today, we are all otaku.

This one is over by halftime and we can play that game in their own backyard at Reliant Stadium :P

C-USA is a fairly solid mid major league even if they haven't been able to haul out the one elite team.

Yes, The middle to bottom of both conferences are very comparable. the Top part of it is where they are worlds apart.

So, who is C-USA's great white hope this season for a non-BCS birth buster?? Or is that dream dead already?..HaaHaha :P

utahpioneerssig_by_verasthebrujah-dbt6623.png.47ea1d18a023dde3cc5da14a646e53fb.png

It's Boise State, (maybe) TCU, and that's it.

"Maybe"? 5 bowl wins the past six seasons (including a Rose Bowl win), and five 11-win seasons in the past six. You know who can't say the latter? Everyone in FBS not named Boise State.

There's no "maybe" about it. TCU has played at an elite level for the past half-decade. Their one "down" season was an 8-5 campaign where they still won a bowl game.

Yes, The middle to bottom of both conferences are very comparable. the Top part of it is where they are worlds apart.

So, who is C-USA's great white hope this season for a non-BCS birth buster?? Or is that dream dead already?..HaaHaha :P

Very top. For this year the Mountain West has Boise and TCU. And they're losing TCU. Now please go back to ESPN before I start making Mormon jokes.

Today, we are all otaku.

Where's a damned SDSU-Tulsa game when i need one to make a case. :rolleyes:

Oh yeah, they're going to the big house tomarrow. Won't be suprised at all if the Aztecs take this one.

Michigan better not be sleepy or they'll get their head handed to them...

It's not like Michigan's coaching staff knows SDSU's every tendency from personal exper-OH WAIT THEY DO!

That kind of throws a monkey wrench into any upset attempt.

Today, we are all otaku.

It's not like Michigan's coaching staff knows SDSU's every tendency from personal exper-OH WAIT THEY DO!

That kind of throws a monkey wrench into any upset attempt.

Welp, a prophet am I.

Today, we are all otaku.

Only Houston has a shot to go unbeaten, but they give up 30 points/game. They do not play UCF in the regular season and only away game with any difficulty is @ Tulsa and since GJ Kinne has a torn MCL (currently out 2-4 weeks), and Damaris Johnson's suspension does not make them that tough.