NFL Weekly Uniform Notes

Bmac

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First season in use, and the new jersey cut has already rendered the Jaguars' template obsolete. That's some foresight, right there.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I am pretty sure the Lambs will trot out the 1999 uniforms again this week against Houston.

The Rams will be wearing the Tony Banks unis this week. They will also honor Merlin Olsen at halftime, and they will still be blacked out locally.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Interesting...the Saints' game day activities e-mail now notes what they're wearing, at least the jerseys. Who (dat) knows about the pants, though the word is they'll go all black.

ENT-09-REG7-HELMETS.JPG

Dallas Cowboys vs. New Orleans Saints

Saturday, December 19, 2009

7:20 PM CST

GAME UNIFORM: Black JerseysENT-09-JERSEY-BLACK.JPG

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Maybe it was just me, but the teal flakes/highlights in the Jaguars' helmets seemed especially noticeable last night. Did anyone else notice that as well?

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Maybe it was just me, but the teal flakes/highlights in the Jaguars' helmets seemed especially noticeable last night. Did anyone else notice that as well?

I couldn't get past the ridiculous jerseys and pants. I still cannot believe that they tampered with such a near-perfect look. They could have had their former jerseys for 20 years and they'd still have looked great.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I couldn't get past the ridiculous jerseys and pants. I still cannot believe that they tampered with such a near-perfect look. They could have had their former jerseys for 20 years and they'd still have looked great.

I agree with you on that. The overall look was a huge step backward.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Y'all didn't know? This look is going to be more conducive to the colors and new logo when the team moves to LA!

....just kidding. The only good thing about this look was that they had the logo jerseys on sale and I was able to pick one up cheap.

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% about how you react to it.
App State Mountaineers / Alabama Crimson Tide / Atlanta Braves / New York Jets / Atlanta Hawks
"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards." [Bear Bryant]
Redmond Rampage

With the weather forecast for this weekend (12 inches of snow on Saturday!), I'd expect that even if the Redskins wear all burgundy (or all maroon, if we believe their soon to be fired head coach), there is likely to be plenty of white on the sidelines.

I recall hearing the Broncos-Raiders game may feature AFL throwbacks. (Although I'd rather not see them AGAIN.)

Whoa, breaking them out for a non AFL Legacy game?! :blink:

Perhaps I'm wrong -- But weren't the original AFL teams going to wear throwbacks three times this season? I'm pretty sure Denver's only worn their's twice. Not sure about Oakland.

But like I said, I hope I'm wrong.

6uXNWAo.png

I don't think I'm over-exaggerating when I say that I've seen better practice uniforms from some teams than JAX actual uniforms.

Also, that new uniform cut looks like a 2-yr-old when he or she first learns to dress themselves.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

I don't think I'm over-exaggerating when I say that I've seen better practice uniforms from some teams than JAX actual uniforms.

Also, that new uniform cut looks like a 2-yr-old when he or she first learns to dress themselves.

Its funny, because I usually try really hard to give credit to the designers of some of these uniforms. Even if I think the look is a terrible mess, I try so hard to find something pleasing about the uniform because I feel that it was designed by a "professional" so they've got to know something that I don't.

That being said...I've tried and tried but the Jags unis are plain horrid. I can't see why anyone in their right mind would want to change the old look. Its a uniform tragedy IMO. Why remove the gold? why???? Just plain dumb. And the number font they switched to looks like a high school font. terrible. Now I really am hoping that they move to LA so that they can rid themselves of these crappy unis. The only bad thing is that if they do then we would lose one of the best helmets in football. Say what you want about the decapitated kitty, but it looks really good IMO and I'd hate to see it go.

I've decided I really like the Jaguars uniforms. They look pretty slick, but I still wish they used some gold.

The helmets were really shining teal last night. I think it has something to do with cameras used as well, because NFL Network's showed the teal glow at night...

Every CBS broadcast of Jax I've seen I could barely tell the helmets were reflecting teal.

temp.png

Archived