NFL Weekly Uniform Notes

Bmac

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've decided I really like the Jaguars uniforms. They look pretty slick, but I still wish they used some gold.

The helmets were really shining teal last night. I think it has something to do with cameras used as well, because NFL Network's showed the teal glow at night...

Every CBS broadcast of Jax I've seen I could barely tell the helmets were reflecting teal.

I noticed that too. I've watched day AND night games on other networks and the teal pearlcoat was barely noticeable.

The uniforms are growing on me but I noticed a lot of inconsistencies as far as the spacing of numbering and nameplates, and some of the names looked off-center. Maybe it's just how tight some of the players wear their jerseys. Also, in one huddle, I noticed some players jersey striping wrapped around the back just below the numbers and some had striping that almost didn't bend and went down towards the pants. Looked a little less-than-professional.

87Redskins.png

The Jags would look much "doper" if they had striped teal and black socks, a grey facemask and traditional block numbers. Then they would get the "seal of approval" here from the peanut gallery. Anything a bit "different" just don't play with some.

The Jags went with a minimalistic approach to their new uniforms. Their owner decided that some folks were getting a bit "confused" if they actually wore more then 2 uniform combos a year and got a burr up his butt to do this. The actual uniforms are very plain and boring, which is what they wanted.

Back to the original topic before we got into another whine-fest about Jacksonville's new threads, I also think we may see Pittsburgh in their "glory-days" :grin: yellow helmet, black jersey and white pants combo this weekend. They have only worn them once this year and they usually trot them out for 2 games a year.

The Jags would look much "doper" if they had striped teal and black socks, a grey facemask and traditional block numbers. Then they would get the "seal of approval" here from the peanut gallery. Anything a bit "different" just don't play with some.

The Jags went with a minimalistic approach to their new uniforms. Their owner decided that some folks were getting a bit "confused" if they actually wore more then 2 uniform combos a year and got a burr up his butt to do this. The actual uniforms are very plain and boring, which is what they wanted.

Back to the original topic before we got into another whine-fest about Jacksonville's new threads, I also think we may see Pittsburgh in their "glory-days" :grin: yellow helmet, black jersey and white pants combo this weekend. They have only worn them once this year and they usually trot them out for 2 games a year.

Nobody has called for that. What people want (in my non scientific study) is for the Jaguars to wear what they wore before. They had really good unique uniforms that they messed up by adding more and more black and now they have this mess. Nobody has ever said anything about them adopting a traditional uniform.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Good God... do you just cut and paste this same post every week?

You wanna talk about the new definition of a lame throwback? Your standard post. :rolleyes:

I kinda was hoping that they'd have the santa hat on the Jaguar logo at midfield last night, as they have done in past years.

I seem to recall the the No Fun League told Jax to stop with the santa hat on the logo. :angered:

Clevelandcavaliersfirstlogo.gif Cleveland Cavaliers Curent Logo.png Cavs New Logo 2017-18.jpg

They will also honor Merlin Olsen at halftime, and they will still be blacked out locally.

I saw Merlin Olsen get honored at halftime...at a Utah St. (his alma mater) basketball game. They named the football field (at USU's Romney Stadium) after him. Still, it's sad that no one is seeing the game locally.

I'd love to see those Rams throwbacks again--I actually saw one of those with Steve Jackson's 39. Still looks better than the current look, with the uniform cut and all.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

well guys it seems like they are getting rid of some stuff with this new template

the took off a whole stripe

7762f0f559d7a7a30ddbb2f7fee9956d-getty-.jpg

and it looks like he wore it last week too

capt.b0691d237c654093800701d2e4059bd8.chargers_cowboys_football_cbs112.jpg

That's been happening with the stripes on the jerseys of the cowboys' linemen for years. This is not a new thing. Is he even wearing the new template? I can't tell.

PvO6ZWJ.png

well guys it seems like they are getting rid of some stuff with this new template

the took off a whole stripe

7762f0f559d7a7a30ddbb2f7fee9956d-getty-.jpg

and it looks like he wore it last week too

capt.b0691d237c654093800701d2e4059bd8.chargers_cowboys_football_cbs112.jpg

That's been happening with the stripes on the jerseys of the cowboys' linemen for years. This is not a new thing. Is he even wearing the new template? I can't tell.

yeah because he had a regular jersey on like 2 games ago

do people honestly still use the word "dope" in a context other than referring to someone's lack of intelligence or when alluding to marijuana?

Yes. I do. Probably because the usage of the word is so commonplace amongst my friends. I don't think the term, "dope" is corny at all.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

do people honestly still use the word "dope" in a context other than referring to someone's lack of intelligence or when alluding to marijuana?

Yes. I do. Probably because the usage of the word is so commonplace amongst my friends. I don't think the term, "dope" is corny at all.

It's corny.

Looks to me like a "regular" jersey that's just had a lot of trimming done.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

looks to me that the Falcons dropped their black pants this year. I know they dropped the all-black alternate uniform in replacement with the throwbacks, but I didnt think they would keep the pants closeted

honestly the all white look is soft. I'm not a fan of the Falcons home or away. I wish they would do black on white and white on black more often, and use the red uniform (b/c it is a diff jersey, PANTS and SOCKS) as an alternate

Archived