NFL Weekly Uniform Notes

Bmac

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hopefully losing the perfect season shocks the Saints into keeping the black on black look to a minimum.

If by keeping the black on black look to a minimum you mean they never wear it again then I agree.

Well if they limit to wearing it in the pre-season I wouldn't object.

I like how the Browns keep wearing these:

cle1.gif

I don't care how many people hate the Browns brown pants, I think they look good.

As they are now, the uniform has to much of a patchwork look. Nothing ties together. With the white pants you have consistent striping on the pants and helmets, which helps tie the look together. Here, the pants, helmet, and jersey have mismatched striping patterns. The brown pants would look much better with an orange-white-orange stripe pattern.

cle1.gif

I don't care how many people hate the Browns brown pants, I think they look good.

As they are now, the uniform has to much of a patchwork look. Nothing ties together. With the white pants you have consistent striping on the pants and helmets, which helps tie the look together. Here, the pants, helmet, and jersey have mismatched striping patterns. The brown pants would look much better with an orange-white-orange stripe pattern.

Disagree. The helmet and jerseys match, the striping is just 1-modified to be on a white background, and 2-doubled to fill the sleeve. It's still the same pattern.

The pants obviously don't have striping, but I'm not against that. Not every element that CAN have striping has to.

Seattle is wearing the Seahawk Blue jerseys, and Navy pants.

Love this look.

Have the Navy pants been in the combo ever since they busted out the Neon Green Jerseys? I like them, but there isn't much purpose for them. There isn't a huge difference between the green and navy pants. The Navy pants just make it a lil darker.

Silver pants, instead of Navy pant owuld be an upgrade. Keep the white and Navy, similar to how other teams have kept 3 pants.

cle1.gif

Disagree. The helmet and jerseys match, the striping is just 1-modified to be on a white background, and 2-doubled to fill the sleeve. It's still the same pattern.

The pants obviously don't have striping, but I'm not against that. Not every element that CAN have striping has to.

Hmm. Fair enough.

The Seahawks don't wear silver anymore and probably don't want to so as to no longer resemble the poor man's Lions.

I think silver would make them the rich man's Lions. Ain't nobody poorer than the Leos.

Also last week note was mad how small Jermichael Finley's numbers were...these week his numbers are full size, but his name is a smaller font than the rest of the team. If I were technologically advanded enough to know how to do a screen grab I would, but that's not happening.

do people honestly still use the word "dope" in a context other than referring to someone's lack of intelligence or when alluding to marijuana?

Yes. I do. Probably because the usage of the word is so commonplace amongst my friends. I don't think the term, "dope" is corny at all.

It's corny a matter of an individual's upbringing, and while I personally choose not to subscribe to the use of the term, "dope," I understand and respect your use of it, if that is indeed how you were brought up.

FYP :grin:

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

Rams are in their throwbacks today, not bad but I wish the helmet and jersey blues matched.

This is simply an accurate depiction of what they were throwing back to. The helmets did not match the jersey hue.

And I should hate this mismatch, but for some reason, I think it works well for them. Maybe because I'm used to the navy helmet, but I really don't think it would look that good if it was royal. I don't think it's a very good uniform, but not because of the mismatched blues. In fact, I think that if they updated to go to a primarily royal look with yellow, and navy, they'd look great, and coordinate with the Blues.

For some other stupid reason, I also liked the Giants' mismatched blues back in the day.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Looks like the Vikings got block numbers now. Or I'm just crazy.

The Vikings have always worn block numbers with their new look. The corners are rounded, though, which makes them appear 'bubbly'.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Archived