NFL Weekly Uniform Notes

Bmac

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like the Vikings got block numbers now. Or I'm just crazy.

The Vikings have always worn block numbers with their new look. The corners are rounded, though, which makes them appear 'bubbly'.

I know, I clarified in my next post how it looked liked the rounded corners weren't rounded but I retracted my statement.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

The Seahawks don't wear silver anymore and probably don't want to so as to no longer resemble the poor man's Lions.

I think silver would make them the rich man's Lions. Ain't nobody poorer than the Leos.

Also last week note was mad how small Jermichael Finley's numbers were...these week his numbers are full size, but his name is a smaller font than the rest of the team. If I were technologically advanded enough to know how to do a screen grab I would, but that's not happening.

(In best shrill Congressman voice) YOU LIE! :D J/K...but the shoulder numbers were the issue and they were still way smaller than everybody else's, as was the NOB. The letters looked about 2 inches high. Seriously, the NOB on these jerseys is absolutely ridiculous. A professional athlete should be ashamed to wear that crap. It seriously looked like Finley and Chillar made their own jerseys using press-on numbers, letters, and stripes they bought at Hobby Lobby. :wacko:

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

I like how the Browns keep wearing these:

cle1.gif

I don't care how many people hate the Browns brown pants, I think they look good.

Ridiculous brown pants aside... I am as old school as it gets around here. I love gray facemasks and throwbacks. You would think that I would love the Browns current home set. The thing is, I'm not really feeling it with the Browns current retro look. I think they should go back to the late 70's- early 80's look.

This just looks so much better...

6302.a.jpgsipe_brian1.jpg

Bring back the brighter orange. Dump the gray facemasks for white. Go back to the orange pants. Burn any and all records or evidence of the brown pants.

BB52Big.jpg

I can't believe I'm about to say this, but the Browns should absolutely keep the gray facemasks. It goes against everything I believe in, but gray just looks so good with orange and brown IMO. I have to make an exception to my rule for them.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

cle1.gif

I don't care how many people hate the Browns brown pants, I think they look good.

Ridiculous brown pants aside... I am as old school as it gets around here. I love gray facemasks and throwbacks. You would think that I would love the Browns current home set. The thing is, I'm not really feeling it with the Browns current retro look. I think they should go back to the late 70's- early 80's look.

Bring back the brighter orange. Dump the gray facemasks for white. Go back to the orange pants. Burn any and all records or evidence of the brown pants.

Yep, I'm with ya there. Maybe it's because I grew up in the days those were worn, but those just look like the real Cleveland Browns to me.

Wonder why they decided to get rid of them after having them back a few years ago?

cle1.gif

Don't forget the white cleats :grin:

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

I can't believe I'm about to say this, but the Browns should absolutely keep the gray facemasks. It goes against everything I believe in, but gray just looks so good with orange and brown IMO. I have to make an exception to my rule for them.

Funny how our individual tastes work isn't it? I was making an exception to my own rule. I love gray facemasks just about everywhere except The Browns.

BB52Big.jpg

cle1.gif

The brown pants would look so much better if they had stripes -- I'm thinking white/orange/white. Someone on this board did a photoshop of that a couple years ago. I think it looked great.

Archived