College - Pro Combat Concepts (*added Virginia)

WVGuin66

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sorry, but I'm not really feeling these. They just all seem so random, and most of them are very inconsistent. I'm sure you spent a lot of time and effort making these, but it doesn't seem like you really thought these through. You do have great skills though, as the presentation is well done.

Thanks, I respect your opinion very much. You are correct though, most of these aren't really thought out a whole lot. I'm just sort of messing around with the template and doing things that I know normally teams wouldn't use, almost a fantasy type uniform if you will.

Thanks for the comments !

Here's Alabama but I'll have to take a break for a day or so, I have to start getting the house ready for guests tomorrow.

I'll add Mizzou to my list though.

Merry Christmas !

Alabama-Pro-Combat.jpg

First, the presentation on these is outstanding. Nice work!

Reverse the helmet colors for Bama and add some houndstooth trim somewhere (helmet bumpers? seems apropos since Bear wore the houndstooth hat) and you'd accomplish what I thought was impossible: a design that would persuade a self-described traditionalist like me to suggest the Tide might need to update their look. :blink:

A couple of other observations...IMO the designs would work better if you kept more traditional color schemes. For example, Georgia just doesn't work because it's too different from what they have now. To me, the key to a signature update is retaining the basics but molding them into a new look. You've done that brilliantly with some of these.

The GT concept would work better too with Buzz on the sleeves and the GT on the helmet. The white helmet is awesome and so are the subtle vertical jersey stripes that mimic old-school jersey designs.

If this is your work just goofing around, I can only imagine what you're capable of if you put your mind to it.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

There are many interesting and well executed concepts in this thread. But the ultimate measurement of a concept is would you prefer to see it on the field over the real uniform. In the case of your Pitt concept, yes, yes, a thousand times yes. This is PITT's true identity.

Everyone loves a roundel.

Reverse the helmet colors for Bama and add some houndstooth trim somewhere (helmet bumpers? seems apropos since Bear wore the houndstooth hat) and you'd accomplish what I thought was impossible: a design that would persuade a self-described traditionalist like me to suggest the Tide might need to update their look. :blink:

Alabama (Update)

Alabama2-Pro-Combat.jpg

Alabama (Update)

Alabama2-Pro-Combat.jpg

Now that's a sweet update. Good job!

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Cool lookin UNC the blue doesn't look right to me... could just be my screen.

Only thing I would say... I'd like to see the pattern from the basketball jerseys used somehow.

Yea, the blue wasn't quite right, so I went back and adjusted the color and re-uploaded it.

Archived