Sign in to follow this  
NThomas76207

What could the expanded Big 10 Conference logo look like?

The Big Ten (not 10) Conference is looking to expand from eleven to twelve teams. I love the logo they have now. Reminds me of Lindon Leader's FexEx logo.

060622_bigten.gif

A quick fix to the name and logo problem is just change it to Big 12, but there's already another BCS conference with that name, the Big 12 (not Twelve) Conference:

big-12-logo.JPG

If the "Big Ten" keeps the same name for historical purposes, their reasoning for not changing the name in 1990 after expanding from 10 to 11 after , they'll still have to redo the logo with the "hidden" 11 in the negative space. The new tv network, "Big Ten Network" is a generic logo that looks very similar to the Big 12 logo and Big 12 Network's logo as well.

b10.jpg

b12n.png

Anyone want to guess (sketch) what a twelve school Big Ten logo might look like in this age of "Web 2.0"?

I'm not an artist, so this is the best I could come up with in five minutes, which seems to be about the mean time most sports logos are conceived in nowadays anyway.

4207873418_51659a640e_o.jpg

1-There still is not real plan which the Big Ten will expand. Their press release indicated that they have had similar committees before and not invitations were extended.

2-The Big 12 Network is online only and just started this year, so I think that the BTN beat them to the punch.

3-If you wanted something the come here more and use "Requests".

4-Please stop. I have a feeling that Holiday Break will have us seeing many questions which we have already seen before and thus no real need to 'market" CCSLC as been discussed previously.

I've seen speculation that it might be an expansion to 14 schools (the press release didn't specify) and those 14 would land in 10 states, giving them a loophole.

It would make sense in order to maintain traditional rivalries if Missouri and two of Syracuse, Pitt and Rutgers were added, for example.

Just to humor myself.

v8h7ib.png

That's just great.

You could just take the old Big Ten logo (before the secret 11), and then in little white letters, put a "TW" before the E in TEN, and a little "LVE" after it.

No, I wouldn't recommend that they do this...

The logo will remain just like it is minus the 11 (or 12.) It will just be "one of those things" where the name doesn't match the number of teams. There is simply no way that such an established brand will ever change it's name.

old Big Ten logo (before the secret 11)

What did that even look like? I don't think I've ever seen it...

Shouldn't they just recognize Penn St. and go with Big 11? I mean, they'd still be one off but it's better than losing ground.

If they're gonna change the name, then they're gonna need to go to 12! You would not pass up on the existing brand strength without at least getting the number right! Appreciate that they can't be the Big12, but some other combnination of words would be better than Big11!

Shouldn't they just recognize Penn St. and go with Big 11? I mean, they'd still be one off but it's better than losing ground.

If they're gonna change the name, then they're gonna need to go to 12! You would not pass up on the existing brand strength without at least getting the number right! Appreciate that they can't be the Big12, but some other combnination of words would be better than Big11!

"The Bigger 12"

"The Midwest 12"

"The Plodding 12"

Just to humor myself.

v8h7ib.png

I wouldn't mind seeing this. That looks great!

1-There still is not real plan which the Big Ten will expand. Their press release indicated that they have had similar committees before and not invitations were extended.

2-The Big 12 Network is online only and just started this year, so I think that the BTN beat them to the punch.

4-Please stop. I have a feeling that Holiday Break will have us seeing many questions which we have already seen before and thus no real need to 'market" CCSLC as been discussed previously.

1-I never said anything was in stone, just what the press release has said, they're looking to expand.

2-All I was getting at was that the two share the ribbon placement and overall plain design. I doubt the conference would change their primary logo to match the network's logo (with an extra star) but it's there as a reference.

3-Just bringing up a subject. Didn't know I had to request a subject be brought up

4-Oh, thank you. I wasn't expecting such a warm welcome. I usually expect to get "pounced on" as a new member but your kind words make me wonder why I haven't spoken up before here.

I'm interested in seeing it too. (I wasn't following anything but the Southwest Conference back when Penn State joined)

I'm interested in seeing it too. (I wasn't following anything but the Southwest Conference back when Penn State joined)

It's just the same thing but without the second "1". Just make the T solid blue.

Just to humor myself.

v8h7ib.png

1-I never said anything was in stone, just what the press release has said, they're looking to expand.

2-All I was getting at was that the two share the ribbon placement and overall plain design. I doubt the conference would change their primary logo to match the network's logo (with an extra star) but it's there as a reference.

3-Just bringing up a subject. Didn't know I had to request a subject be brought up

4-Oh, thank you. I wasn't expecting such a warm welcome. I usually expect to get "pounced on" as a new member but your kind words make me wonder why I haven't spoken up before here.

1-Do not ask for a "welcome" if you joined a year ago yet failed to use the board for 50 weeks.

2-If you were just SWC based in 1993, then did you realize that their logo changed after the roothogs left in 1991 or afterwards?

Just to humor myself.

v8h7ib.png

1-Do not ask for a "welcome" if you joined a year ago yet failed to use the board for 50 weeks.

2-If you were just SWC based in 1993, then did you realize that their logo changed after the roothogs left in 1991 or afterwards?

1-How about a welcome back? ;)

2-Yeah the "SWC" with the shape of Texas in the negative of the C. The font is kinda... bubbly, but that negative space in the C looks good.

How about changing the name to the InterCon? (Intercollegiate Conference of Faculty Representatives)

dfwable = ignore

I think if they go to 12, the name will have to change. To what, i dont know... but it'll be fun coming up with concepts...

dfwable = ignore

I think if they go to 12, the name will have to change. To what, i dont know... but it'll be fun coming up with concepts...

It will stay the same because...people know it as the Big Ten. the name did not change at eleven and Great Midwest was already taken.

1-Grocers keep names when they buy out the other chain.

2-Exxon and Mobil kept names, as did Chevron and Texaco. BP (international company) did change Amoco, but they did not change ARCO in the west coast.

3-Stay off the Boone's Farm and be able to correctly spell my handle as it is only seven characters.

The Big Ten is a nationally known brand and would do lesser to change.