What could the expanded Big 10 Conference logo look like?

NThomas76207

Expanded logo would probably look like this:

expandedhahagetit.gif

That reminds me of this:

And what's incredible is that I spent hours and hours playing that game, and I didn't even like basketball at that point. It was simply a technological marvel that needed to be experienced.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Regardless, it's a silly name either way. Big 10, Big 12, etc. are kind of dumb. Come up with something distinct for your league. It's not like the NFL is the Really Big 32.

Having a number in your name is really stupid, for the exact reason we're discussing in this thread. I can't believe that people who were supposedly so smart actually came up with conference names that are so dumb.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

There are all kinds of posts where someone says "[insert member name here], you owe me a new keyboard, because I just spit my [insert drink here] on it", and 13 times out of 15, the post it refers to wasn't even all that clever, and the beverage-spitter must just be easily amused (or a dimwitted idiot). Thanks to Admiral, I am now in this club (with coffee being the beverage of choice). I wouldn't call it spitting, more like laughing followed by coughing, with a tiny bit of leakage. No equipment damaged, or clothing stained. I hope that this qualifies as one of the two out of 15, but I'll have to judge that later in the day.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

There are all kinds of posts where someone says "[insert member name here], you owe me a new keyboard, because I just spit my [insert drink here] on it", and 13 times out of 15, the post it refers to wasn't even all that clever, and the beverage-spitter must just be easily amused (or a dimwitted idiot). Thanks to Admiral, I am now in this club (with coffee being the beverage of choice). I wouldn't call it spitting, more like laughing followed by coughing, with a tiny bit of leakage. No equipment damaged, or clothing stained. I hope that this qualifies as one of the two out of 15, but I'll have to judge that later in the day.

Yeah, that "owe me a new keyboard" thing definitely belongs in the gear grinder thread.

What you say about them is correct.

Regardless, it's a silly name either way. Big 10, Big 12, etc. are kind of dumb. Come up with something distinct for your league. It's not like the NFL is the Really Big 32.

Having a number in your name is really stupid, for the exact reason we're discussing in this thread. I can't believe that people who were supposedly so smart actually came up with conference names that are so dumb.

While they may be "kind of dumb" names, they are what they are and I don't expect them to change anytime soon. Not to mention the fact that they distinctly refer to college athletics as opposed to professional leagues. If they tried to modernize the names or change them in some way you'd get something equally ridiculous as FBS and whatever the hell they call Division 2 and 3 now. It was easy and simple before, but someone had the genius idea to create new names. In my opinion, they should have kept what they had before in the same way that they shouldn't change conference names either.

In regards to BIG TEN going to 12 teams, I thought one of the posts on page one had an interesting idea about expanding to 14 teams in 10 states. that would be interesting, though I'm not sure how they would do that. Plus, wouldn't 14 teams further dilute the profits that the conference would get from bowl games and television rights? I'd imagine that if they added 3 more teams that those teams would have to be big time teams with major revenue potential (like Notre Dame) or else it would be a bad business move on their part. I don't think Mizzou or Syracuse would cut it.

They'd just have to change it every time the conference added or killed a team, which, while it doesn't happen often, could always happen. They should just avoid anything that binds them to a number or some type of variable.

They'd just have to change it every time the conference added or killed a team, which, while it doesn't happen often, could always happen. They should just avoid anything that binds them to a number or some type of variable.

They'd have bigger problems than remaning a conference if they killed off a whole team. ^_^

If they stick with the name, they should remove the 11 from the logo and run with it. The Atlantic Ten has 14 member institutions (plus another affiliate).

Just to humor myself.

v8h7ib.png

I like this one not to much of a change. I don't like the name change The Big Ten just sounds to good to change. Also on my mind if they did add a 12th team would they split into to divisions North-South or East-West???

Just to humor myself.

v8h7ib.png

I like this one not to much of a change. I don't like the name change The Big Ten just sounds to good to change. Also on my mind if they did add a 12th team would they split into to divisions North-South or East-West???

East-West.

or

Something like "Heartland" and "Great Lakes" just a pick and choose kinda thing similar to the ACC.

Archived