NFL 2010-2011

bowld

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wow are you serious? you really do not see the negative space in the trophy. They are not mini lombardi's. If you are still unsure then look at the championship logo's. That should tell you its negative space in the trophies

wow are you serious? you really do not see the negative space in the trophy. They are not mini lombardi's. If you are still unsure then look at the championship logo's. That should tell you its negative space in the trophies

I still think it could just be the way the trophies reflect light. We'll know for sure once someone posts an actual picture of the new conference trophies.

Wow, I really hope the 2010 NFL season doesn't get locked out. I don't think it will, though.

I remember bigdub posting some cool stuff he got to see inside the depths of the Superdome including a new uni concept.

That stuff was very old IIRC, not something they're considering now.

My wish list for an update would be:

1. Go back to the original brassy/coppery gold.

2. Whatver bloody shade they use, match the %*#$@#*$#*%$*#*% golds!! (Not something I feel strongly about... B) )

3. Change pants stripes to match helmet, the way they used to be.

4. Dump black pants or at least put stripes on them.

5. Bring back the Louisiana jersey patch a la 2006.

If they wanted to go crazy, a white helmet like the one in the concept collaboration Buc and I did.

saints-cpt.gif

Pretty sure the gold helmet is sacred though, as it should be.

Above all, please...and I mean pleeeease...do NOT come out in some "cutting edge" clown suit designed by a uni manufacturer or NFL Properties.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

I still think it could just be the way the trophies reflect light. We'll know for sure once someone posts an actual picture of the new conference trophies.

Wow, I really hope the 2010 NFL season doesn't get locked out. I don't think it will, though.

Neither do I.

2011 is looking pretty locky-outy, though.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Neither do I.

I don't think 2010 can get locked out, since they still have a CBA. It's just that the CBA wasn't extended past this year, so 2011 is in doubt (though I'd put the chances at a lockout at less than 1%.)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Neither do I.

I don't think 2010 can get locked out, since they still have a CBA. It's just that the CBA wasn't extended past this year, so 2011 is in doubt (though I'd put the chances at a lockout at less than 1%.)

based on what? just curious because from what I've read and heard it seems like a lockout is very imminent.

Neither do I.

based on what? just curious because from what I've read and heard it seems like a lockout is very imminent.

Well for one its over a year away. A lot can happen between now and then. There's a lot of grandstanding going on right now on both sides - chest thumping if you will. The NFL is so far and away the most profitable of all of the sports, you have to believe that neither the owners nor players are dumb enough to jeopardize that. So while I don't know any "inside" information, I just know that there is no way there won't be some kind of compromise and that there will be a season (even if it comes close to the last minute.)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Not sure the NFL owners, nor the league as a whole, are as desperate as the NHL was. The NHL really didn't have much to lose, as the survival of the league was essentially at stake. The NFL has a ton to lose, as do the players. I would be beyond shocked if we saw a lockout.

May I remind you that one of the NFL's chief negotiators is a man who took an organization that won a Super Bowl and turned in into one that won 6 games over 3 years in the space of a decade.

Regardless of what they want, John Shaw's propensity to destroy everything he touches will prompt a lockout.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Well, there is that. :D

I also think the owners believe they could cancel the beginning of the 2011 season, break the union, and still play twelve or thirteen games. There's history there. It's not an all-or-nothing.

There's a staggering amount of money at stake here. We're talking about reducing the players' share from 59 percent of $5 billion to 41 percent. Weigh that against cancelled two or three games and you'll see where the owners are.

• 2 weeks later...

There's a staggering amount of money at stake here. We're talking about reducing the players' share from 59 percent of $5 billion to 41 percent. Weigh that against cancelled two or three games and you'll see where the owners are.

Wow.

Let's see: 5 billion x 18% = $900,000,000 total

32 teams x 45 players per team = 1340 total players (let's consider everyone else operating costs, not profit)

$900,000,000 total / 1340 players = ~~ $672,000 per player per season

If the salary cap is $120 million per team, then we have:

$120 mil / 45 players = ~~ $2,666,667 avg salary per player per season (pre-taxes)

And $672,000 / $2,666,667 = ~~ 25.19% of the average player salary per season. Now we see why the players are so mad. Would you want a 25% cut in pay from your employer????

Of course, even given all the above, I can make the numbers say whatever I want them to. I think the happy compromise is yet to be found in all of this. The owners want the players to bear more of the cost of innovations/improvements in the game, and the players want the owners to offer better benefits (especially for post-career). The compromise is going to have to take into account the reality of possibly playing more regular season games (17/18) per year, and also possibly adding more playoff games 2 or 4). All of these will factor into the discussions at some point. But I wonder if the players would be willing to agree if they could get all 53 guys active for a given game instead of having only 45 plus the 8 practice squad players....it would mean more guaranteed jobs. The other thing might be for the NFL to guarantee a minimum of 10% of the player salaries in a given contract (of which nothing is guaranteed now unless the contract specifies what that guarantee is). One other item might be that all bonus money doesn't count against the salary cap. This last point would be an incentive for teams to sign players to low salaries with big bonuses whereas the players want higher salaries and lower bonuses, thus again guaranteeing more money into their pockets. The market would work out a happy medium.

In the end, it's all about the money. It's ALWAYS about the money! I think if I were the commish, I'd go to 18 games in the regular season, and find a way to get more games on TV by allowing regional cable networks (Fox Sports Net/Comcast Sports/YES network, etc.) to "bid auction" rights every week to show NFL teams in their regional markets in addition to the national broadcasts on Sunday afternoons if CBS/FOX isn't going to broadcast that game nationally and it isn't blacked out. I'd also consider 2 Monday games every week (8 PM east coast + 8 PM west coast) and find a way to get the schedule to work out so every team gets a minimum of 2 premium national broadcast games per year (Sunday night/Monday night/Thursday night).

But then again - who am I to complain - I'm just the guy paying the players' salaries when I watch them on TV. B)

spacer.png  5-time Defending NL East Champions spacer.png 

The seahawks could have the coolest uniforms if they would use their colors properly. As a fan of this team since 78, they could have a top selling jersey IF the colors were used properly. Instead of the lime jerseys that were used what about navy with hawk blue sleaves? What about a new design altogether? Navy jersey, lime pants, navy helmet, larger hawk? The lime pants I reference because of how the steelers use yellow and the saints use gold with a large dark stripe. I liked the hawks old 70's large front numbers, aka norte dame like look, so if they had a designer understanding their past history they could pull off a great uniform. The current uni is tired, so it's time to get changed. Last years navy pants did not work...... Some people loved the old silver helmets, but it's time not to go there.

As far as the road uniforms, white pants looked great if those stripes were wider. Add spunk....use the lime pant idea. The hawks do not get as much press as buffalos mess of a uniform (go back to the chuck Knox bills unis), but Seattle needs a change. I post this to create dialogue....again if they look at the past and current uniforms they may get right. My rule is keep the stripes wider, and use the lime carefully....the pants are a better idea, not the jersey.

if they had a designer understanding their past history they could pull off a great uniform.

The Seahawks' "past history" consists of hovering around .500 in domed obscurity. I can't imagine this lends itself to quality design.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

The Seahawks have NOT for most of their existance, sucked. They have had an over above average winning past.

Seattle has a regular season franchise win-loss record of 250-266 and 257-276 overall (.484 and .482 win percentages respectively)

They went 21 years without winning a playoff game.

Try again please.

And before you start, the Rams have a better win percentage, even after the abominable misrule of the Georgia Frontiere regime.

you beat me to it.

the franchise has historically been mediocre at best. Thankfully, they went to a Super Bowl but other than that they haven't had that much more to cheer any more than anyother NFL team.

I think its easy to lose objectivity when you are so close to something (i.e. a huge fan of the team) Getting a new stadium, making the Super Bowl, getting a sleak new look and now getting Pete Carroll are all huge positives for the franchise. I would argue that leaving the past behind would be a good idea for the team. Forget the royal blue unis, forget the Kingdome...just move on and don't look back.

I'm not positive but I think the success of the Seahawks in the 80s rivaled that of the Seahawks of the 2000s. They didn't make it to the Super Bowl but were close and won the division and made the playoffs multiple times. In my mind, there is value behind the Royal and Green of old.

Well, from 1977-1998 (20 + years) they had 164 wins and 192 losses for a winning percentage of .460. They won 3 playoff games in those 20+ years and went to zero Super Bowls.

From 1999-present (10 years ) they have 91 wins and 85 losses for a winning percentage of .517. They won 4 playoff games in 10 years and went to a Super Bowl.

Its tough to argue that the new millenium Seahawks have a better track record then the old time hawks. But of course we all know wins and losses have nothing to do with uniforms, but I digress :)

Archived