NFL 2010-2011

bowld

So they're wearing a simplified version of their current home uniforms? Nothing exciting. I wish they'd ditch the alternate idea all together. The Bears are on of the teams that are better off without one.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So is Mad Mike going to Throwback to the T Formation as well?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

So, wait. The uniform history says the jerseys of that era were black, but the Bears have decided to make them navy anyway? And that number font looks like it's the same one used on the Hong Kong $29.99 "Authentic" jerseys one finds littered all over eBay.

Also guessing this means we won't see throwback-on-throwback for Bears-Packers. So, there's at least one positive to come out of this.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

So, wait. The uniform history says the jerseys of that era were black, but the Bears have decided to make them navy anyway? And that number font looks like it's the same one used on the Hong Kong $29.99 "Authentic" jerseys one finds littered all over eBay.

You said it. I've seen a lot of Cubs jerseys already this year at Wrigley with the traditional zero and a big block "1" just like that one. (Side note: Love the new avatar.)

And as far as the "black," I thought the Bears took their colors from the Illini, so they were "always" blue. I've seen some pretty high-profile references to the current Bears' navy being "black" over the years, but if they made that mistake on the Bears' own site I'd be surprised. So did they really wear black at any point?

Gosh, most of these throwembacks suck!

It was kinda original 10 years ago, when only teams with ICONIC former looks (Chargers, Bills and Redskins) did it.

But now, its just a waste of time and has gotten totally played out. ITS LAME!!!

Why in the hell do the Chicago Bears need to wear a throwemback uniform? Aren't their current duds, "throwback" enough already?

Why in the hell do the Chicago Bears need to wear a throwemback uniform? Aren't their current duds, "throwback" enough already?

Defensive ends on the back nine of their careers don't pay for themselves. I can't wait to see what kind of alternate uniform they sell next year to offset the balance of Lovie Smith's contract. I suggest clown suits.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

You said it. I've seen a lot of Cubs jerseys already this year at Wrigley with the traditional zero and a big block "1" just like that one. (Side note: Love the new avatar.)

And as far as the "black," I thought the Bears took their colors from the Illini, so they were "always" blue. I've seen some pretty high-profile references to the current Bears' navy being "black" over the years, but if they made that mistake on the Bears' own site I'd be surprised. So did they really wear black at any point?

Yep, the Bears fumbled the ball. Those 1947 jerseys were navy blue:

45086_01_lg.jpg

Not a bad match to the throwbacks:

Throwbackuniform_inside.jpg

The Bears have always been some shade of Blue or Navy since their inception. If there are any references by the Bears' front office to them being Black, I blame the Bears' marketing dept. not knowing what they are talking about.

45086_01_lg.jpg

So, whenever a team "throwsback" to a pre-facemask uniform, they use a modern gray mask. Why? Is that what you would do?

That's a really good question.

I'd probably say yes, I would use gray, because if they had the technology for masks, they likely would have been gray, and if there was any "one-off" masks, they probably would have been gray (though we've seen clear and white and other varieties of pre-standard masks.)

Having it gray kind of separates it from the design, making it like an "add-on" piece of equipment, which is essentially what it would have been back then.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

can the bills just go throwbacks full time already?

for the record, THIS IS THE BEST IDEA. EVER.

Bills fans have only been saying this for over FIVE YEARS now.

It's hard to believe they're still wearing those friggin' abortions they broke out in 2002. Navy blue! Royal blue! Silver! Red! White! Are they sure they didn't want to squeeze in another color or two somewhere?

But it's the Bills. There is no aspect of the franchise that isn't a complete joke. My favorite part of last season was when they fired Jauron halfway through the year and then photoshopped him out of the team photo by increasing the size of a cornerback's left arm until it was the size of his torso. Or maybe when they canceled a halftime Hall of Fame ceremony for their owner because the team was so bad they were afraid he'd be booed. Or that Week 1 meltdown in New England.

So there are a billion and a half things to hate about the team, but they could still make the fans happy (at least a little happy) by just picking out some new clothes for the players. And they can't even do that.

Personally (and I'm in the minority here)...I kinda like the Bears 2010 throwbacks....kind double-retro, if you catch my drift....

I like them, but I still think they're unnecessary. The Bears have one of the best uni sets in the NFL - do you really need a "retro" jersey when it's incredibly similar to what they're wearing right now anyway? It frustrated me when the Steelers did it, and it's a bit more frustrating that the Bears are doing it now. For what it's worth, I'm not a huge fan of the orange jersey, but at least it makes sense as an "alternate" jersey.

330zl3b.png

As most of you know already, the Cardinals are unveiling an alt jersey today...I have no idea if this is a new alt design, or the throwback that they've had in their Style Guide for the past few seasons. Here's a "teaser" pic from the Cards' site:

awlandingpage.jpg

Bears to wear 1940s throwback uniforms

and taken from their 1940's Uniform history

bears40s.jpg

45086_01_lg.jpg

The Bears have always been some shade of Blue or Navy since their inception. If there are any references by the Bears' front office to them being Black, I blame the Bears' marketing dept. not knowing what they are talking about.

Thanks for confirming, guys. Thought I was losing it for a sec.

Here is the page from chicagobears.com that The Fixer took the above screenshot from. It still says black:

Chicago Bears uniform history

That's unbelievable.

Archived