NFL 2010-2011

bowld

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is awful. I could stomach it if the side panels were red and they wore the normal pants, but this is silly. At least we will only have to see it 2-3 times a year.

I actually disagree. It would look a mess that way. This design is really clean looking.

I dont even mind the Cards current home uniforms. It's their roadies that bug me...but I actually really like their current homes, and I like the new alternate.

my only issues is that the number of sports teams lazily unveiling black jerseys is continuing to increase.

my only issues is that the number of sports teams lazily unveiling black jerseys is continuing to increase.

What do this black trend (or as I like to call it, the Black Plague) and Kate Gosselin have in common?

They whore themselves out way too much and will never go away.

Sorry, someone had to say it. :P

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

What do this black trend (or as I like to call it, the Black Plague) and Kate Gosselin have in common?

that is the worst joke i've ever heard

It's not just black for the sake of black...it's one of their colors. If you look closely at their logo and their uniforms, there is actually some black in there. Go figure that they would use black for their alt. What color would they use? Yellow? Gray? I get that it's "cool" to dislike black jerseys just because they are black jerseys, but sometimes there are okay.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

The Cardinals might have black as an official team color, but the team is called the Cardinals... That implies predominately red, not predominately black. I understand these are alternates, but they're unnecessary. The Lions did it and now the Cards are doing it: black uniforms for the sake of black uniforms.

The Cards are limited in what they could have done with an alternate jersey. No throwback has the tie to winning that isn't trumped by the current set, and gray and yellow aren't really a good choice. It would be nice if the league would permit some teams to experiment with differing designs instead of limiting change to swapping colors.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

It's not just black for the sake of black...it's one of their colors. If you look closely at their logo and their uniforms, there is actually some black in there. Go figure that they would use black for their alt. What color would they use? Yellow? Gray? I get that it's "cool" to dislike black jerseys just because they are black jerseys, but sometimes there are okay.

I noticed that there was a trace of black in the Cardinals' uniforms, and I'm open to the idea that a black alternate uniform can look good. However, I also think a yellow (gold), orange, or light blue uniform can look good when done right (and depending on the team, of course).

My problem is that every NFL team that has introduced black into their scheme (teams without black as one of their traditional colors) has adopted a black alternate (or so it seems); the number of black uniforms for teams that are primarily red, green, blue, teal, etc. is rather staggering. However, while the Cardinal head logo has always seemed to have black in it, only since the major redesign of 2005 has there been a noticable amount of black in their uniforms. The Lions added black to their look when they redesigned their uniforms in 2003, and not long after, we saw a black alternate. We'll likely see them trot out another black alternate when they have the chance. While always having some trace of black, the Jaguars soon drifted towards a black alternate. The Eagles eventually got to wearing black alternates since going to their jade shade of green.

I just hate seeing teams reverting to the same color when it comes to alternate uniforms. It's as if one of an NFL team's uniform designers says: "Hey, we added some black trim to [insert team here]'s colors a few years ago; let's make a black alternate for them!!" Mind you, it isn't the alternates from the Oakland A's, Tennessee Volunteers, or Utah Jazz (the three biggest offenders off the top of my head) that came out of nowhere and slapped you in the face, but isn't that, in an indirect way, black for the sake of black?

To me, it's getting old when a team unveils a black alternate after introducing black into their color scheme. Too many teams do it and, to me, water down a portion of their identity when they go out and don a black alternate.

I think there's more, but it's late. Sleep is wearing heavy on my mind. (sleepz)

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

So much for my career in comedy... :/

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

Sorry, someone had to say it. tongue.gif

So much for my career in comedy... hmm.gif

Yeah, don't quit your day job - which apparently is posting hundreds of meaningless polls.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Don't get me wrong, these do look very nice. And it does make sense because black has been a part of the Cardinals' colour scheme since their Chicago days. Still, the Cards were one of those teams that, even after their most recent changes, just never struck me as being a team that would wear an alternate. It just seems forced in this case for some reason.

Plus the addition of a second set of white pants irks me. It always bugs me when a team needs two sets of the same coloured pants to accommodate the jerseys being worn.

I don't like them wearing the black jersey, but it isn't as eggregious as with other teams since black is actually in their color scheme. However, they should feature red prominently in all uniforms since they are the Cardinals. There are only slight hints of red in this jersey. Adding a second set of white pants to tie into the awful side piping panel is dumb. These jerseys would still look bad with the regular pants and red side panels, but they would look better than this. Plus, I'm sure we will see matching black pants in the next 2-3 years. Ugh.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

While I totally agree with you Jigga, it does beg the question "Why can't they just forget the alt jersey altogether???" Just stay with what you've got and leave it be. I know they would lose a lot of $$$$$$$, but c'mon, just because you CAN do it doesn't mean you HAVE to. Know what I mean? Ask the Seahawks about that concept and see if they now agree. ^_^

Maybe it's me but I was a fan of those "Electric Green" jerseys.

I think it was just you.

:P

Nah, wasn't just him!

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived