NFL 2010-2011

bowld

If they needed the Norseman, they should have used the original logo from the early 60s, not the current one.

Really? The 60s version was just a poorly rendered version of the current one.

As for the anniversary logo itself, I like it a lot. It's got a completley different feel from almost every anniversary logo we've seen so far. Good for the Vikings.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe it's me but I was a fan of those "Electric Green" jerseys.

I think it was just you.

:P

Nah, wasn't just him!

And I thought I was the only one who liked 'em! Whew! What a relief.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

I'd like to see the font used for "1961" and "2010" on the Vikes' jerseys, instead of that silly rounded block they currently use.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I'd like to see the font used for "1961" and "2010" on the Vikes' jerseys, instead of that silly rounded block they currently use.

Good call! I agree, I always thought they should use something more "pointy" or sharp. It would fit in well with the horn, as well as their wordmark.

Eh, I'd prefer the Vikings just wear their throwbacks all the time. Maybe something to consider when they leave the Metrodome.

No thanks. That would be the NFL's version of the whole 76ers/Jazz fiasco. Where a team switches back to plain and boring...

Eh, I'd prefer the Vikings just wear their throwbacks all the time. Maybe something to consider when they leave the Metrodome.

No thanks. That would be the NFL's version of the whole 76ers/Jazz fiasco. Where a team switches back to plain and boring...

Plain and boring beats over-panelled, over-striped, and needlessly busy clown suits any day.

If they needed the Norseman, they should have used the original logo from the early 60s, not the current one.

Really? The 60s version was just a poorly rendered version of the current one.

There were some slight differences. The horns were gold to match the helmet, while the beard was white to match the skin tone. The logo faced the other and was also oriented a little differently.

Last season when various AFC franchises were celebrating their 50th anniversary, I noticed the Patriots used their original "Pat Patriot" logo, so I feel like the Vikings should do the same.

As promised (a while ago), here's the RGB-optimized version:

MinnesotaVikings_CL1_2010.png

I've always wondered why the Norseman's helmet was the same color as his hair. Shouldn't it be colored purple or grey? That's never made sense to me. I've never seen a Viking helmet that was a yellow color. I could swear that Minnesota had a logo way back when that used to be purple or grey at some point in their history. Can anyone confirm that?

Plain and boring beats over-panelled, over-striped, and needlessly busy clown suits any day.

That pretty much sums up my opinion of simple vs. modern uniform changes; even if it's just going back to a previous look and/or logo, it's still much better than gaudy side panels which only seem to serve as a distraction.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

Looks like AFC and NFC have new conference logos, each with four stars. Is this very recent or have I just missed it?

www.nfl.com

At the top of the page.

They were only "officially" released recently (via NFL.com), but they were first posted here months ago.

I've always wondered why the Norseman's helmet was the same color as his hair. Shouldn't it be colored purple or grey? That's never made sense to me. I've never seen a Viking helmet that was a yellow color.

True, but then I've never seen an eyepatched raider wearing a silver football helmet, either...

...or an orange-skinned buccaneer in a red hat...

...or a Honolulu Blue lion

...or a blue buffalo

...or a white bronco with an orange mane

...or a midnight green and silver eagle

...or a blue ram with gold horns

^_^

NorthernColFightingWhites4.GIF

Looks like AFC and NFC have new conference logos, each with four stars. Is this very recent or have I just missed it?

www.nfl.com

At the top of the page.

They were only "officially" released recently (via NFL.com), but they were first posted here months ago.

I don't know where they were posted on this thread, but Uni Watch wrote about the new conference logos and other changes made.

I've always wondered why the Norseman's helmet was the same color as his hair. Shouldn't it be colored purple or grey? That's never made sense to me. I've never seen a Viking helmet that was a yellow color.

True, but then I've never seen an eyepatched raider wearing a silver football helmet, either...

...or an orange-skinned buccaneer in a red hat...

...or a Honolulu Blue lion

...or a blue buffalo

...or a white bronco with an orange mane

...or a midnight green and silver eagle

...or a blue ram with gold horns

^_^

Still doesn't really answer my question though. It seems odd to have the helmet and hair color the same. Design wise it seems odd to me. It doesn't help differentiate between the two enough and therefore I find it troublesome.

As promised (a while ago), here's the RGB-optimized version:

MinnesotaVikings_CL1_2010.png

I've always wondered why the Norseman's helmet was the same color as his hair. Shouldn't it be colored purple or grey? That's never made sense to me. I've never seen a Viking helmet that was a yellow color. I could swear that Minnesota had a logo way back when that used to be purple or grey at some point in their history. Can anyone confirm that?

I just realized he looks a LOT like He-Man with extra hair.

87Redskins.png

So, does anyone have some high-quality versions of the new NFL playoff logos? I can't find them anywhere, except in really small sizes.

I would like to find these as well. I've looked everywhere I can think of and can't find them. Anyone's help would be greatly appreciated.

Archived