NFL 2010-2011

bowld

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Supposedly they're wearing them in the season opener against Green Bay, which is FOX's top late game that afternoon...

It would be fitting, if that is the case, considering Philly beat Green Bay for said 1960 NFL title.

I don't know who's in charge of assembling these graphics...but those numbers look like ass. At least they look better on the players' jerseys on the Eagles' website.

And I'm not feeling that anniversary patch. I see no cohesion with it at all.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Supposedly they're wearing them in the season opener against Green Bay, which is FOX's top late game that afternoon...

67_prm_043010_983x318_50th.jpg

1. HATE those jerseys. I'm not against kelly green, but those are just so damn plain. I guess since it's specifically to honor the 1960 team they didn't have many other options, but sans context, I hate them.

2. I'm not sure how I feel about the logo being in midnight green. On the one hand, I think it really looks nice with the bird and shield in the green (even the one with the shield in black and bird in green.) On the other hand, that bird was never midnight green - only white (and black) or kelly.

3. It's weird that they're honoring the '60 team with a logo that has a big 50 in it. I get what the 50 is for, but it's really misleading IMO. Not sure how to do it better though.

4. The shirt with the eagle flying in front of the banner is really cool.

5. This is a rare case where beveling a number actually works. I really like the 50 in that font with the bevels. I hope they have some versions that are just flat, but that looks great to me.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

So... thus far the alternates/thirds for 2010 are as follows

-Arizona's New Black Alternates

-Atlanta Black Throwback

-Baltimore Black Alternate

-Buffalo Throwback*

-Carolina Electric Blue

-Chicago's New Throwback

-Cincinnati Orange

-Cleveland Throwback*

-Dallas Double Star

-Detroit Throwback*

-Denver Orange

-Green Bay Throwback

-Houston Battle Red

-Miami Coral/Orange

-Minnesota Throwback

-New England Throwback

-NY Jets Throwback

-The jersey mentioned above for Philadelphia (replacing the Black Alternate)

-Pittsburgh Throwback

-San Diego Light Blue

-St. Louis Throwback

-Seattle Electric Green (IS this Officially "retired"?)

-Tampa Bay Creamsiciles

-Tennessee Columbia Blue

*-Is this still correct?

There was something about a Colts Throwback/Alternate but nothing as been mentioned of it yet as well as the Redskins doing something and ditto to the Super Bowl Champs.

-Atlanta Black Throwback

-Buffalo Throwback*

-Carolina Electric Blue

-Chicago's New Throwback

-Cincinnati Orange

-Cleveland Throwback*

-Dallas Double Star

-Detroit Throwback*

-Denver Orange

-Green Bay Throwback

-Houston Battle Red

-Miami Coral/Orange

-Minnesota Throwback

-New England Throwback

-NY Jets Throwback

-Pittsburgh Throwback

-San Diego Light Blue

-St. Louis Throwback

-Tampa Bay Creamsiciles

-Tennessee Columbia Blue

*-Is this still correct?

There was something about a Colts Throwback/Alternate but nothing as been mentioned of it yet as well as the Redskins doing something and ditto to the Super Bowl Champs.

The Seahawks' "Bright Green" alternate IS officially retired. I believe the Bills' Royal Blue throwback is still in play, as is the New York Titans/Jets throwback. Maybe.

And yes - there will be a new Colts throwback uniform as well...something similar to what we've seen previously, but a bit different.

http://media.philly.com/images/400*356/050310-Kelly-green-003.jpg

050310-Kelly-green-003.jpg

Eagles owner Jeff Lurie said that the team has plans to wear these only once, but the league has said that they can choose to wear them twice during the regular season and once in the playoffs. I didn't know they allowed alts in the playoffs ('94 season excepted.)

Note - pic taken from Franklin Field, where that 1960 championship game vs. the Packers was played.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Eagles owner Jeff Lurie said that the team has plans to wear these only once, but the league has said that they can choose to wear them twice during the regular season and once in the playoffs. I didn't know they allowed alts in the playoffs ('94 season excepted.)

The Chargers wore their powder-blue alts vs. the Colts in the 2008 wild-card game in San Diego.

Kelly green is a CRIMINALLY underused color in modern sports.

Agreed.

-Atlanta Black Throwback

-Buffalo Throwback*

-Carolina Electric Blue

-Chicago's New Throwback

-Cincinnati Orange

-Cleveland Throwback*

-Dallas Double Star

-Detroit Throwback*

-Denver Orange

-Green Bay Throwback

-Houston Battle Red

-Miami Coral/Orange

-Minnesota Throwback

-New England Throwback

-NY Jets Throwback

-Pittsburgh Throwback

-San Diego Light Blue

-St. Louis Throwback

-Tampa Bay Creamsiciles

-Tennessee Columbia Blue

*-Is this still correct?

The Seahawks' "Bright Green" alternate IS officially retired. I believe the Bills' Royal Blue throwback is still in play, as is the New York Titans/Jets throwback. Maybe.

And yes - there will be a new Colts throwback uniform as well...something similar to what we've seen previously, but a bit different.

So, I was spot on for the Alternates/Throwbacks this year?

-Atlanta Black Throwback

-Buffalo Throwback*

-Carolina Electric Blue

-Chicago's New Throwback

-Cincinnati Orange

-Cleveland Throwback*

-Dallas Double Star

-Detroit Throwback*

-Denver Orange

-Green Bay Throwback

-Houston Battle Red

-Miami Coral/Orange

-Minnesota Throwback

-New England Throwback

-NY Jets Throwback

-Pittsburgh Throwback

-San Diego Light Blue

-St. Louis Throwback

-Tampa Bay Creamsiciles

-Tennessee Columbia Blue

*-Is this still correct?

So, I was spot on for the Alternates/Throwbacks this year?

Columbia blue is the Titans' primary.

I don't like the anniversary logo at all. For the most part, an anniversary logo with a team's current logo and a throwback logo looks pretty bad. There's just not enough room for two logos, and they usually don't look good when used together. I'm with BBTV on the jerseys, they are way too plain but they didn't have a choice if they are doing it to honor the championship team.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

No official word on the Bucs' creamsicles either, or should I say nothing has been said.

Is that no word regarding which game they will wear them or just even if they will wear them at all next season? Because I remember hearing them say at the unveiling that they plan to wear them for the next 5 seasons.

No official word on the Bucs' creamsicles either, or should I say nothing has been said.

Is that no word regarding which game they will wear them or just even if they will wear them at all next season? Because I remember hearing them say at the unveiling that they plan to wear them for the next 5 seasons.

A little of both. I do remember them saying that last fall, but no news so far, maybe we'll hear soon. I would say potential dates for the throwbacks would be:

Rams 10/24/10 (team we played in our first NFC championship back in 1979)

Lions 12/19/10 (former NFC Central rival)

Seahawks 12/26/10 (NFL expansion counterpart from 1976)

No, the NFL rule is that the Creamsicles are the only "alternates" they're allowed to wear for five years. They could still choose not to wear them for the next four years.

Archived