NFL 2010-2011

bowld

What a huge downgrade those logos are. They look like generic logos you would see in an unlicensed football game using no NFL teams or players.

Eh, I completely disagree. The old logos were hardly anything to write home about, while the new ones make more sense since they have four stars (to represent the four divisions of each conference) and use the same font style that is used on the rest of the NFL's branding and logos.

I'm not saying these are GREAT logos, but I think they certainly work better than the old ones did. But hey, these logos are seen on the endzones and NFL.com and that's about it, right? It's not like they're going to be flashed in our faces every second.

I don't mind the new NFC mark. I don't mind the new font for the AFC mark. I do wish, however, that they kept the stars outside the A for the AFC mark to keep it tied to the AFL logo.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a huge downgrade those logos are. They look like generic logos you would see in an unlicensed football game using no NFL teams or players.

Eh, I completely disagree. The old logos were hardly anything to write home about, while the new ones make more sense since they have four stars (to represent the four divisions of each conference) and use the same font style that is used on the rest of the NFL's branding and logos.

I'm not saying these are GREAT logos, but I think they certainly work better than the old ones did. But hey, these logos are seen on the endzones and NFL.com and that's about it, right? It's not like they're going to be flashed in our faces every second.

I don't mind the new NFC mark. I don't mind the new font for the AFC mark. I do wish, however, that they kept the stars outside the A for the AFC mark to keep it tied to the AFL logo.

I agree, that would have been nice. But in the end, I guess the NFL felt it would be better to have a more consistent star pattern than continue to model the AFC logo after the original AFL logo.

I remember there were some AFC/NFC logo concepts posted in another topic here quite some time ago and there were some really great ideas.

Watching the Bills in their monochrome tonight. Love the colors but hate the look and thinking that it would be a good combo if they switched blue pants for red and red socks for blue. Can somebody photoshop that to see?

bills.jpg

I kinda like this, crappy photoshop skills aside.

150498516-dfdc2d99f99863670db1549cfa4648384c740198-full.jpg

Is this the opening day super bowl champs patch?

I guess so. Looks like they are wearing white against the Vikings on opening day.

They're selling the patch design on t-shirts:

41IkGlDXopL._SS500_.jpg

It's okay but I wish they'd used the Saints' wordmark font:

SAINTS-20wordmark-w20R20symbol20(GOLD).jpg

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

I think the Saints figure the rest of the world forgot they were World Champs, I guess that's just a little more motivation for the Vikes.

Also is this the first case where last years champion wears a patch commemorating a title victory?

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Dallas Morning News:

** For all of you that believe in the blue-jersey jinx, the Cowboys will not be in a blue jersey all year. They will have their throwbacks for Thanksgiving vs. New Orleans, but every game will be in their classic whites. Have to ask some of the long-time people around the team the last time this has happened.

I think the Saints figure the rest of the world forgot they were World Champs, I guess that's just a little more motivation for the Vikes.

Also is this the first case where last years champion wears a patch commemorating a title victory?

It's been a regular practice in the NFL for a few years now.

Anyway a Farve fan should refrain from accusing others of being starved for attention.

I thought it had been done before but can't find pics to prove it.

I distinctly remember the Patriots doing it after at least two of their three Super Bowl wins, and I'm fairly certain the Steelers did as well.

I distinctly remember the Patriots doing it after at least two of their three Super Bowl wins, and I'm fairly certain the Steelers did as well.

You are most wise. Couldn't find a game pic but did find this, complete with what looks like a skeletal Flying Elvis. :wacko:

8DcO.jpg

Dallas Morning News:

** For all of you that believe in the blue-jersey jinx, the Cowboys will not be in a blue jersey all year. They will have their throwbacks for Thanksgiving vs. New Orleans, but every game will be in their classic whites. Have to ask some of the long-time people around the team the last time this has happened.

Even if Shanahan decides on burgundy at home all year, you can't tell me the 'Skins wont break out the whites just to mess with Dallas when they come to town.

6uXNWAo.png

Dallas Morning News:

Even if Shanahan decides on burgundy at home all year, you can't tell me the 'Skins wont break out the whites just to mess with Dallas when they come to town.

Yes, that ass kicking Dallas gave Washington in their "bad luck" blues last year, sure scared them.

Washington will be in burgundy jerseys and gold pants on that Sunday Night against Dallas.

Watching the Bills in their monochrome tonight. Love the colors but hate the look and thinking that it would be a good combo if they switched blue pants for red and red socks for blue. Can somebody photoshop that to see?

bills.jpg

I kinda like this, crappy photoshop skills aside.

I like the color combo. Thanks for putting this together. With so many NFL teams using blue jerseys, I'm surprised that none are using a blue/red or blue/orange combo.

Dallas Morning News:

I like the Cowboys road blue jerseys. They look cool. I'm disappointed there will be no appearance for them this year. Maybe there is a chance that they do in the playoffs though.

When was the last time Dallas wore white for all of its road games?

You are most wise. Couldn't find a game pic but did find this, complete with what looks like a skeletal Flying Elvis. :wacko:

8DcO.jpg

That's not the patch that was used on the uniforms. That's someone's half-assed homemade patch.

Here's one of the patches used on the uniforms worn in '05 against the Raiders:

05fc_35.JPG

Can't remember if they wore this against the Colts on opening night in '04:

g_OBq1.jpg

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived