NFL 2010-2011

bowld

Sadly if just the sign of the times. Its pretty much impossible for teams with old, traditional jersey striping to keep that look with todays modern cut jerseys. Teams like the Colts, Steelers, etc with those stripe patterns are victims of todays tight, bodyglove type of uniform designs. Todays uniforms pretty much do not have sleeves anymore, so it"s hard in incorporate the old style stripes to look correct.

Oh, you'd be surprised....

4949027434_5f4f54bcef_z.jpg

For me personally, I'm not buying this look. Either make the compression fit jersey sleeve extend to the elbow, or make the jerseys with short compression fit sleeves like Eli Manning's jersey. If Eli Manning can have a compression fit jersey with stripes that wrap all the way around the sleeves, then everyone should be able have one of those. End of story. We don't need this Frankenstein solution that Oregon State's gone to, and we need to get sufficient wrap or shoulder loops as well, which shouldn't be this freaking difficult.

http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/95733293/Getty-Images-Sport

http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/103411480/Getty-Images-Sport

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now since the NFL knows ahead of time what is being worn and if a team like Dallas is going to be in white all season, does the manufacturer even make their blue jerseys/silver pants?

Yes they are required. In the unlikly event a visiting team comes to town with the wrong colored jersey that they were scheduled to wear, the home team must change to their opposite colored jersey. The visiting team would also be fined by the league.

There is also a chance they play a road playoff game against a team who decides to wear white.

That's a possibility. It would sure ruin the Dallas Cowboys dream of playing the Super Bowl in their home stadium haha.

Dallas has ZERO probability making it to the Super Bowl, only due to the fact that no host has ever made it to the big game. 44 Super Bowls and that stat is at 100%.

Now, I wouldn't say "ZERO" percent chance like you did. There is really only one team I think could beat the Cowboys out-right no matter what we really do to them, and thats the Vikings. I like our chances against the Saints, Packers, Falcons, Niners and any other NFC team you think is going to make the playoffs.

AND records like that are meant to be broken. If not my 'Boys this year, then the Colts will surely have a shot since the Super Bowl will be at their own stadium next year.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

So, are there any special logos we are missing? The ones that I can think of are the Eagles 50th Anniversary patch from the first NFL Championship in 1960, the International Series logo, the Pro Bowl logo, if it can be found in the correct format the Saints Super Bowl patch that will be worn tonight and I think the vector logo for the Cowboys...

Now since the NFL knows ahead of time what is being worn and if a team like Dallas is going to be in white all season, does the manufacturer even make their blue jerseys/silver pants?

Yes they are required. In the unlikly event a visiting team comes to town with the wrong colored jersey that they were scheduled to wear, the home team must change to their opposite colored jersey. The visiting team would also be fined by the league.

There is also a chance they play a road playoff game against a team who decides to wear white.

That's a possibility. It would sure ruin the Dallas Cowboys dream of playing the Super Bowl in their home stadium haha.

Dallas has ZERO probability making it to the Super Bowl, only due to the fact that no host has ever made it to the big game. 44 Super Bowls and that stat is at 100%.

The Rams once played a Super Bowl in the Rose Bowl, though, which was less than 20 miles from the Coliseum. Likewise, the 49ers once played a Super Bowl held at Stanford, very close to Candlestick.

Bears to wear white against the Lions the season opener?Bears in white?

Sweet, the white and blue look is my favorite look for the bears

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

Noticed this during the game last night, it looks horrible and the need to find a better alternative than cutting out the logo.

294ca1c429be8b7ec29cabbea7113300-getty-98700866cc100_minnesota_vik.jpg

I noticed that, too. Fox switched over to the end of the Cardinals/Rams game, and I made sure to look for one of those helmets. As it turns out, they tweaked the horns on those helmets so they fit perfectly within the front edge of that vent. It looked really good as the Rams horns went all the way around instead of stopping for the facemask anchors and restarting above them.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Bills stink, 0-16.

If Bills get the first draft pick in the 2011 Draft they better pick a QB.

You know this is the uniform & logo discussion thread, not the season discussion thread, right?

To keep things on topic, I suppose the Skins must think that the gold pants are a good luck charm. I'm not complaining, I'd love to see them wear that set again.

Noticed this during the game last night, it looks horrible and the need to find a better alternative than cutting out the logo.

294ca1c429be8b7ec29cabbea7113300-getty-98700866cc100_minnesota_vik.jpg

Here are a couple of screen pics from the NFL Network show SoundFX. What's interesting is that there are two different treatments. The first one may be the same guy in the original post. His helmet horn is cut off unevenly before it even reaches the vent:

IMG_0411.jpg

Then there's this guy, whose horn goes to the vent and looks better. Both pics also show that the vents, like on some bike helmets, have an inside surface they could paint white or cover with a little piece of decal to make it look more continuous:

IMG_0412.jpg

Of course, if teams let guys go out in that sleeveless RBK crap, they're probably not too worried about how these horns look. :wacko:

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Archived