Cowboys over Eagles

Packers over Cardinals

Colts over Bengals

Chargers over Patriots

Saints over Cowboys

Vikings over Packers

Preferred: Colts over Chargers, Saints over Vikings, Colts over Vikings

Realistic: Chargers over Colts, Vikings over Saints, Chargers over Vikings

Saints cannot play the Cowboys in the divisional round; the Saints are #1 seed, the Cowboys are #3 seed. If the Cowboys beat the Eagles, the Saints will play the winner of the Arizona/Green Bay game as that winner will be the lowest remaining seed (they are seeds 4 and 5).

It is what it is.

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bengals over Jets

Patriots over Ravens

Cowboys over Eagles

Packers over Cardinals

Colts over Bengals

Chargers over Patriots

Saints over Cowboys

Vikings over Packers

Preferred: Colts over Chargers, Saints over Vikings, Colts over Vikings

Realistic: Chargers over Colts, Vikings over Saints, Chargers over Vikings

Saints cannot play the Cowboys in the divisional round; the Saints are #1 seed, the Cowboys are #3 seed. If the Cowboys beat the Eagles, the Saints will play the winner of the Arizona/Green Bay game as that winner will be the lowest remaining seed (they are seeds 4 and 5).

Ya know, I had it like that originally, thought I had screwed up and changed it. My bad, thanks.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

I really thought FOX would all over an NFC East Match especially a game between Dallas and Philly.

I don't think it's up to the networks, but rather the NFL sets the schedule. How was Dallas/Philly NOT the best primetime matchup of the four games?

Of course FOX would've chosen that game for 4:00 on Sunday if given the choice...

I'm pretty sure that the networks fight it out to see who gets what (NBC getting one AFC and NFC game, and FOX getting the remaining NFC game and CBS getting the remaining AFC game.) I'm also pretty shocked that the NFC East game wasn't the Sunday 4:00 PM game, considering it's two of the biggest-market highest-raitings-getting teams in the league. Maybe NBC has more pull than I thought, or maybe it's payback for FOX protecting yesterday's game from being flexed.

FOX and CBS can't protect games in week 17. The story I heard was that NBC's contract requires an even amount of AFC and NFC games including flexing, and they're current +3 on the NFC side, so taking Eagles/Cowboys would've moved them to +4. By taking the win-and-in game involving the Jets, they've reduced it to +2. Originally FOX said after the game that the Philly/Dallas rematch would be Sunday at 1pm ET and most people thought FOX was locked into that spot ahead of time, but NBC decided that they weren't passing up a second Philly/Dallas game that meant everything, so the schedule was rearranged to adjust...

my (homer) picks:

AFC

Ravens over Patriots

Bengals over Jets

Bengals over Chargers

Colts over Ravens

Colts over Bengals

NFC

Cardinals over Packers

Cowboys over Eagles

Vikings over Cowboys

Saints over Cardinals

Saints over Vikings

Super Bowl

Colts over Saints

PvO6ZWJ.png

I must say, I really like the Packers chances with the way things shook out. And NO EFFIN WAY will they lose to the Vikings again. Neither of them are the same team from the first half of the season and a winner-take-all shot at the staggering Vikings is all the motivation the now-firing-on-all-cylanders Packers need to make it deep in the playoffs.

Unfortunatley, I doubt they'll have much left if/after that happens, but at this point smacking Judas Favre in the mouth in front of his "home" crowd would probably end up being just as satisfying and even immortalizing as actually winning the Super Bowl.

Here's my predictions...

AFC:

Ravens d. Patriots

Bengals d. Jets

Colts d. Bengals

Chargers d. Ravens

Chargers over Colts

NFC:

Cowboys d. Eagles

Packers d. Cardinals

Vikings d. Cowboys

Packers d. Saints

Packers d. Vikings

SUPERBOWL XLIV

Chargers d. Packers

I'm going to take a guess that this year will be the first in 15 years that an Ohio team wins an NFL playoff game.

Every Bengals fan on this board just got the kiss of death.

yeah. I saw that and thought, "we're doomed" If Willmorris likes the Bengals to win then we've got serious problems.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I'm going to take a guess that this year will be the first in 15 years that an Ohio team wins an NFL playoff game.

Every Bengals fan on this board just got the kiss of death.

yeah. I saw that and thought, "we're doomed" If Willmorris likes the Bengals to win then we've got serious problems.

Maybe he got a tip on the Browns?

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

I really thought FOX would all over an NFC East Match especially a game between Dallas and Philly.

I don't think it's up to the networks, but rather the NFL sets the schedule. How was Dallas/Philly NOT the best primetime matchup of the four games?

Of course FOX would've chosen that game for 4:00 on Sunday if given the choice...

I'm pretty sure that the networks fight it out to see who gets what (NBC getting one AFC and NFC game, and FOX getting the remaining NFC game and CBS getting the remaining AFC game.) I'm also pretty shocked that the NFC East game wasn't the Sunday 4:00 PM game, considering it's two of the biggest-market highest-raitings-getting teams in the league. Maybe NBC has more pull than I thought, or maybe it's payback for FOX protecting yesterday's game from being flexed.

FOX and CBS can't protect games in week 17. The story I heard was that NBC's contract requires an even amount of AFC and NFC games including flexing, and they're current +3 on the NFC side, so taking Eagles/Cowboys would've moved them to +4. By taking the win-and-in game involving the Jets, they've reduced it to +2. Originally FOX said after the game that the Philly/Dallas rematch would be Sunday at 1pm ET and most people thought FOX was locked into that spot ahead of time, but NBC decided that they weren't passing up a second Philly/Dallas game that meant everything, so the schedule was rearranged to adjust...

All week 17 games can be flexed, however in this case FOX asked that they air the game as they already had cameras set up for the Cotton Bowl the afternoon before. NBC's production trucks and cameras were unable to set up all week as the FOX crew was there for the college game. NBC could not do anything until the Cotton Bowl was over and FOX left before they could even begin a game setup. Meanwhile, the NFL turf would be laid over and all the other events surrounding changing around a football venue.

FOX was already there for the Sugar, the Fiesta, and has time to setup for Orange.

Here's my picks for Wild Card Weekend.

AFC

Cincinnati over NY Jets: Yes, the Jets did whip the Bengals senseless last night. But, it was only because Cincy seemed to just be happy to be the 4th seed and have a home playoff game against the Jets instead of being the 3rd seed and home to face the Texans (and avoid a matchup with the Colts for that matter). To me, the Jets haven't proven themselves against someone with a pulse as of late. I want to see if Mark Sanchez can actually thrive in a postseason setting that he'll be in this weekend against a hungry Bengals team. I don't think he can and the Bengals move on thanks to a simple plan of running the ball and timely passing from Carson Palmer to his main target Chad OchoCinco.

New England over Baltimore: No Welker? No problem if you're the Pats. Despite losing the 123 catches Welker had this season, you know darn well the Ravens are gonna try and double team Randy Moss, which means the next guy up in the depth chart is going to get a lot of chances. Also take note on how Joe Flacco can handle the playoff pressure cooker this go around after last season's run to the AFC Championship Game.

NFC

Philadelphia over Dallas: My upset special. Last night, the Eagles ran into what seemed to be a silver and blue clad buzzsaw in Dallas as the Cowboys finally shedded the whole 'December Doldrums' issue that has bothered them for the past few years. That's good and all, but for a franchise that hasn't won a playoff game in 13 seasons, the pressure is all on them. The Eagles know they can beat Dallas and they can create a gameplan that can stymie the Cowboy offense while letting DeSean Jackson do what he does best: Gain huge ass chunks of yardage and touchdowns. Sorry, Cowboys... But the losing streak in the playoffs continues.

Arizona over Green Bay: Arizona played the same way Cincinnati did last night in that 33-7 beating from Green Bay. It was like the Cardinals didn't give a damn about the chance to actually have a higher seed and just let Green Bay curb stomp them. Now, without Warner and their other offensive weapons, Green Bay looked good. But, I really doubt the Packers can hang with Arizona's passing game for the whole 60 minutes.... But, the Packers' secondary can hang with the Cards' wide outs and that maybe the difference for this game.

Also take note on how Joe Flacco can handle the playoff pressure cooker this go around after last season's run to the AFC Championship Game.

Joe Flacco is one of the calmest QBs I've ever seen. Pressure wont and probably never will be a problem with him. If the Ravens want to win they'll have to worry about stopping New England's pass game and not beating themselves with too many penalties and missed plays.

AFC

Jets over Bengals

Patriots over Ravens

Colts over Jets

Chargers over Patriots

Chargers over Patriots

NFC

Cowboys over Eagles

Packers over Cardinals

Packers over Saints

Cowboys over Vikings

Cowboys over Packers

SUPER BOWL

Chargers over Cowboys

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

My predictions:

AFC Wild Card

3) New England def. 6) Baltimore

4) Cincinnati def. 5) NY Jets

NFC Wild Card

6) Philadelphia def. 3) Dallas

4) Arizona def. 5) Green Bay

AFC Divisional

1) Indianapolis def. 4) Cincinnati

3) New England def. 2) San Diego

NFC Divisional

6) Philadelphia def. 1) New Orleans

2) Minnesota def. 4) Arizona

AFC Championship

3) New England def. 1) Indianapolis

NFC Championship

2)Minnesota def. 6) Philadelphia

Super Bowl XLIV

3) New England def 2) Minnesota

Signature intentionally left blank

Also does it have a little to do with the teams choice as well? IIRC the Patriots usually play the Sunday afternoon if they host the Wild Card and Saturday Night if they host the Divisional game. Not sure if it's just coincidence or if the Patriots and the other home teams have some clout of their own with the way scheduling goes

oEQ0ySg.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29 // College Crosse: Where I write, chat, and infograph lacrosse

I see a lot of love for the Cincinnati next weekend at home vs. NYJ, but why? The Bengals just got rocked by the Jets in a game in which they played to win. Maybe it appeared as if Cincy was resting their starters for the playoffs, but there is no doubt Palmer & Co. would have stayed in much longer had the score not been 27-zip at the half. Yeah, this weekend's game should be a little closer than last night's, but for the Bengals to be favored on Saturday (Current line CIN -2 1/2) is totally absurd.

6uXNWAo.png

I see a lot of love for the Cincinnati next weekend at home vs. NYJ, but why? The Bengals just got rocked by the Jets in a game in which they played to win. Maybe it appeared as if Cincy was resting their starters for the playoffs, but there is no doubt Palmer & Co. would have stayed in much longer had the score not been 27-zip at the half. And even for the Bengals to be favored on Saturday (Current line CIN -2 1/2) is totally absurd.

Prediction: Jets 27, Bengals 10.

I wouldn't use last night's game as an indicator of how the playoff game will wind out. Rather, use the first 15 when the Bengals actually cared. The Bengals weren't emotionally invested like the Jets were. That'll change by this Saturday afternoon. I know Marvin Lewis said they were playing to win, but trust me, the players weren't. You could read it in their body language. They just didn't care. Makes all the difference.

I'm not saying the Bengals will win, but it'll be so much closer than last night's game. I am worried about how many injuries the Bengals have suffered recently, however.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Archived