Black Hawks

MikePho3niX

Being from Chicago and a life long hawk fan. I agree that their current logo is the best. I have seen this logo going around the city the last couple of years and it gets positive approval from people when they see it. I have seen it on t-shirts and hats around the city. I love it and was wondering who exactly came up with it. If it is you Mike well done!! Though I am oppose to changing the current one if they did have to change this should be the one!! Mike where can I buy a t-shirt or hat with this logo?

I didn't know people where making hats and stuff out of it? i didn't approve any of it. can you get me some Photos of it. i guess i would love to see it. :wacko:

MikePho3niX.png

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You're just butthurt that there are Cubs fans schlepping up the tollway to see them in Milwaukee. You can't wish them away.

LOL! Couldn't think of a reason why it's not stupid to support a franchise that takes pride in being losers (lovable or not)?

And butthurt? Maybe if all of them were from Boys Town :D

The Packers teams that wore plain yellow shells produced more HOFers than any other era, that doesn't mean they should go back to wearing them. In fact, one of the reasons Vince Lombardi put a logo on the helmets (opposed to going the Cleveland Brown route) is because, regardless of the tradition that had been established, the team and organization as a whole had been in complete disarray for the past decade when he arrived and he (correctly) felt they needed to separate themselves from that. A lot of this could just as easily describe the Hawks in 2010, no?

Perhaps, but they obviously don't feel that the bad has poisoned the good to the extent that they have to start all over again. Here in 2010, after two and a half years of aggressively and extensively marketing the team with the Indian head to be seen everywhere, it's too late to replace the logo, which is still beloved by the Wirtz family. (I think a relative designed it?) Besides, I don't think Original Six teams can make significant changes to logos and color schemes, anyway.

I don't know how significant of a change this concept really is... it borrows so heavily from the Indian head that it can't possibly be mistaken for another team. It'd definitely be the most "radical" change an original six team has made to this point, but Boston and Toronto have made changes that are obvious at first glance. Besides, now that the team is back on the upswing, now would be the perfect time to do something different. Remember all the complaining Broncos fans did when their current unis were first intro'd? Of course you don't.

Being from Chicago and a life long hawk fan. I agree that their current logo is the best. I have seen this logo going around the city the last couple of years and it gets positive approval from people when they see it. I have seen it on t-shirts and hats around the city. I love it and was wondering who exactly came up with it. If it is you Mike well done!! Though I am oppose to changing the current one if they did have to change this should be the one!! Mike where can I buy a t-shirt or hat with this logo?

I didn't know people where making hats and stuff out of it? i didn't approve any of it. can you get me some Photos of it. i guess i would love to see it. :wacko:

If I can I will, I've seen quite a few around though. That sucks that you weren't aware of it. I definitely will try though!!! I have heard that they were being sold by free-lance vendors that sell near stadiums and such. How long ago did you do the concept because I believe I first saw it about two years ago.

donm.gif

Gordon-Tech-Rams.png

If I can I will, I've seen quite a few around though. That sucks that you weren't aware of it. I definitely will try though!!! I have heard that they were being sold by free-lance vendors that sell near stadiums and such. How long ago did you do the concept because I believe I first saw it about two years ago.

yeah that's about right. when i first started on Icethetics just when it changed to that name from Tournament of logos.It's not a big image thought or is it? ill have to check it out.

MikePho3niX.png

Couldn't think of a reason why it's not stupid to support a franchise that takes pride in being losers (lovable or not)?

The organization doesn't do this anymore

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

yeah that's about right. when i first started on Icethetics just when it changed to that name from Tournament of logos.It's not a big image thought or is it? ill have to check it out.

You know not having it in a big image doesn't matter to thieves!!! If I were you I'd definitely look into it because I recall seeing it also on tv during a newscast and a reporter was at a mall and low and behold behind her in a kiosk the was a t-shirt with that logo. I wish I was paying better attention!! Good luck Mike!! I be keeping a look out for it!! I work at Wrigley Field and will try and do some digging for you.

donm.gif

Gordon-Tech-Rams.png

Dude, this is FIRE!!! I'm not big on hockey jerseys but I would cop the black modern-style one in a heartbeat. A+

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

You know not having it in a big image doesn't matter to thieves!!! If I were you I'd definitely look into it because I recall seeing it also on tv during a newscast and a reporter was at a mall and low and behold behind her in a kiosk the was a t-shirt with that logo.

Which mall.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Very cool. Looks awesome.

This is kinda off topic but... i know in Cleveland, we have been getting a lot of heat for the "Indians" and Chief Wahoo. I was curious if the franchise in Chicago caught any heat at all since the Blackhawk logo is a Native American head (kinda like the Redskins)?

I'm not trying to start any fights, just a curious question.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

This is kinda off topic but... i know in Cleveland, we have been getting a lot of heat for the "Indians" and Chief Wahoo. I was curious if the franchise in Chicago caught any heat at all since the Blackhawk logo is a Native American head (kinda like the Redskins)?

I think the Blackhawks actually have approval from the tribe itself.

2IA3b.png

No, they haven't. The Blackhawks' logo is a respectful image of a Native American, whereas Chief Wahoo looks like it came from a racist newspaper cartoon some time from the early 20th century (oh wait...). It's apples and oranges.

Also, the Blackhawks' name is in reference to the original owner's WWI army division, nicknamed the "Blackhawk Division," which got the name from Chief Black Hawk, leader of the Sauk nation and ally of the British during the War of 1812. So the Blackhawks' connections to Native imagery is more in the honorary style then the mocking style.

Those are some really cool ties and history of the team. I never knew that. I'm glad i asked.

As for the Indians, they did have Native American imagery as their original logos, similar to the Blackhawks. But they were catching heat so they were pressured to change the logo to be less specific to Native Americans (i believe). It is definitely a sensitive subject with the history of the colonists and the Native Americans.

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

From what I've read, the Cleveland Indians were actually named after a Native player from their own team. Don't recall his name, but he went by 'Indian Joe' or something obvious like that.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

You know not having it in a big image doesn't matter to thieves!!! If I were you I'd definitely look into it because I recall seeing it also on tv during a newscast and a reporter was at a mall and low and behold behind her in a kiosk the was a t-shirt with that logo.

Which mall.

I am not sure I remember seeing it but not really paying attention.

donm.gif

Gordon-Tech-Rams.png

From what I've read, the Cleveland Indians were actually named after a Native player from their own team. Don't recall his name, but he went by 'Indian Joe' or something obvious like that.

yup, i heard that too. I think he played with the team in the last 1890's. But i don't think they were the Indians at the time... i think they were the Naps still, but one of their nicknames were the Indians because of the Native American on the team.

Which mall.

I may have to put this logo on cafe Worspress and make my own profit of my logo..

MikePho3niX.png

Which mall.

I may have to put this logo on cafe Worspress and make my own profit of my logo..

I would if I were you!!!

donm.gif

Gordon-Tech-Rams.png

I believe the player you're thinking of is Louis Sockalexis.

Here is my concept I'm sure alot of you have seen around in Icethetics or Puckdrawn.

I'm posting this because i have got a custom jersey made out of it and thought you all might like to see it.

FHLBlackhawks.jpg

IMG_9295Small.jpg

IMG_9296Small.jpg

Really awesome logos, man. This is coming from someone who really loves the current logo enough to wear a Blackhawks hat around town despite having no allegiance to the team.

Honest question, here: Is the secondary logo meant to be a silhouette of a hawk?

Which mall.

I would if I were you!!!

+1 here!!!

Mhockeyavatar-1.jpgMRink.jpgMhockeyavatarmaize-1.jpg

Archived