2010 MLS Uniforms and Apparel

Ben7

Those asymmetrical side panels and inserts are positively crap-sucking.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Agreed.

Frankly, in my honest opinion, the overall state of Major League Soccer's team uniforms is f***ing horrible. With the exception of the Colorado Rapids, I'd say that each and every MLS kit that will take the field this coming season will be marred in some way, shape or form by the inclusion of completely needless piping, inserts and/or asymmetrical design elements that manage to do nothing but clutter said uniforms' design aesthetics.

Particularly egregious to this Revolution supporter is the inclusion of the completely unnecessary silver shoulder/sleeve inserts on said team's home jerseys. Gee, might the Revolution be operated by the same family that owns the New England Patriots? I never would have guessed if it hadn't been for this hideous attempt to render the Revolution's shirts as soccer equivalents of the NFL franchise's jerseys.

Miserable... just f***ing miserable.

Having had a chance to look at the full PDF now, I have to add that I am absolutely dumbfounded by what Chivas Regal USA will be wearing.

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Chicago: What does "1939, 1871, 1893, and 1933" mean on the scarf?

Chivas: The "unfinished" red and white stripping pattern on the front of the jersey (and merchandise!) is very bothersome;

Colorado: It's about time to find a sponsor for the front, don't you think?

Columbus: What doesn't work for Chivas, works for Columbus! Love the away jersey!

DC: Finally, more RED (though thinly displayed)! Much improved over 2009.

Dallas: Stop half-assing the stripes at the bottom of the jerseys, Adidas!

Houston: Interesting use of the "sunlight" or "star burst" on the jerseys. Solid effort.

Kansas City: Increase of gold bordering the panels and two-toned (or multi-toned?) blue; Time to upgrade the "text logo".

Los Angeles: Meh.

New England: Spider-man is the only thing that comes to mind. The jerseys are too busy with the various panels.

New York: Placed after Salt Lake for some reason. Still with the "sports bra" template, ick.

Philadelphia: Tri-paneled front on the jerseys, it's unique.

Salt Lake: Minor changes to the panels. Are the stripes descending the front of the jersey two different colors?

San Jose: Same comment as Columbus.

Seattle: Minor tweaks. Wonder if there will be a white jersey in the future?

Toronto: Solid home/away jerseys, however, do they still have the sublimated maple leaf underneath BMO on them?

Jersey Ranks:

1. Columbus

2. Seattle

3. Houston

4. Toronto

5. San Jose

6. Chicago

7. DC

8. Philadelphia

9. Los Angeles

10. Salt Lake

11. Colorado

12. Kansas

13. New York

14. New England

15. Dallas

16. Chivas

kansas city minus the horrid name and badge

galaxy

DC

dislikes:

everything else, including another year with that unexplainable badge for the revs, continued use of crazy templates for adidas, and bargain basement-looking sponsor for chicago. I dont know why best buy or chicago isnt using this:

best_buy_logo_detail_02.gif

Chicago: What does "1939, 1871, 1893, and 1933" mean on the scarf?

It's actually quite a nifty reference to the stars on Chicago's flag. Why none of the other scarves have references for the locals or supporters, I don't know.

I believe this guide was done early in the season over based on 1) Philly's Uni's are not listed in the guide and they've been around for around 2 months, and 2) every championship is listed by the teams

names and salt lake is excluded. Als0 there is no way that Best Buy would use its old wordmark on the jersey.Therefore I am hoping for a possible change in the NE & Crew wordmarks along with possible sponsorships added to Colorado and Dallas

Agreed.

Frankly, in my honest opinion, the overall state of Major League Soccer's team uniforms is f***ing horrible. With the exception of the Colorado Rapids, I'd say that each and every MLS kit that will take the field this coming season will be marred in some way, shape or form by the inclusion of completely needless piping, inserts and/or asymmetrical design elements that manage to do nothing but clutter said uniforms' design aesthetics.

Particularly egregious to this Revolution supporter is the inclusion of the completely unnecessary silver shoulder/sleeve inserts on said team's home jerseys. Gee, might the Revolution be operated by the same family that owns the New England Patriots? I never would have guessed if it hadn't been for this hideous attempt to render the Revolution's shirts as soccer equivalents of the NFL franchise's jerseys.

Miserable... just f***ing miserable.

Didn't see your post Brian, I agree with your assessment of MLS' aesthetics.

Colorado: It's about time to find a sponsor for the front, don't you think?

No, thanks. They look great as they are.

Agreed. I wish all soccer teams could go without sponsors on the front. And if you don't have a sponsor, you shouldn't have a wordmark either... Kansas City (though their uniforms and logo have plenty of problems beyond that).

Archived