ESTONES6

Ambigram Help

Hey so i seen a memorial tattoo on here, and I'm looking to get another one as well. I am getting one to honor my parents. In a unique coincidence (not irony), the initials of their birth names are R.S. and S.R. So, I thought a neat idea would be to get an ambigram of R and S.

For those of you not familiar with an ambigram, it is a word that is read one way, and then read backwards. So, like i said, i thought it would be neat to have the R and S somewhat intertwined or somewhat put together.

Here are some examples:

Death / Life

ambigram3.gif

Love / Hate

lovehate.jpg

I know this is a pretty complex idea, but i figured if anyone could do it, it would be the artists on here.

well kind of.

youd need to know whether it would read SR one way and RS the other, or as would be more conventional, SR both ways round.

either way its tough to do,

i made an ambigram of my name a while back and its very difficult to do.

fraserambigram.jpg

yours would likely have to take the shape of the following rough diagram:

srrs.png

yeah i think i would proly want it RS one way, and SR the other way. I'm not even sure how to start this, and you guys are a lot more creative than i am, thats why i decided to ask you guys here. lol

i seen that. it's not exactly what i'm looking for. It isn't able to do just R and S or S and R. I also tried their full names and shortened names, but still doesn't work. That's why i listed it in here, hoping someone could help.

you could do something like RS-SR or SR-RS with some sort of symbol in the middle and it's completely possible.

Working on it right now. The R kind of looks like a D... so im trying to fix it up to still look like an R without gutting it. I should be able to post something later.

That Ambigram Generator is pretty impressive but can ambrigram?s be generated with other scripts?

I found a couple of those online... the generators, that is. I have been using them for ideas, but a lot of them can't do just 2 letters, they need minimum of 3... or they need the same number of characters in each direction, but can't have numbers or symbols. So i been just trying to get some ideas and i have been using them for inspiration. i should be able to post something before the National Title game tonight in case some people want to mess with it.

Yeah, that generator is remarkable...it's almost impossible as a designer not to want to come up with something after seeing your text...

yeah it is pretty amazing. unfortunately it's not the same symmetric layout for just RS or SR

after reading this, i've been wanting to do a ben folds song title as a tattoo for a while, but havent found the font i want.

i tried a ambigram to do the the title and it came out real nice.

in testing out names, words, etc, i found that names (even longer names) seemed to work real well. i know you liked that their initials are in reverse of each other, but maybe try their names...even full names...might work better

if you want, put their full names on here and you could get some more options from people as those initals just arent working as a ambigram

heres the song title i did...

stillfightingit-ambigram.gif

yeah that's the effect i want for my ambigram, where it mirrors itself, front and back.

after reading this, i've been wanting to do a ben folds song title as a tattoo for a while, but havent found the font i want.

i tried a ambigram to do the the title and it came out real nice.

in testing out names, words, etc, i found that names (even longer names) seemed to work real well. i know you liked that their initials are in reverse of each other, but maybe try their names...even full names...might work better

if you want, put their full names on here and you could get some more options from people as those initals just arent working as a ambigram

heres the song title i did...

stillfightingit-ambigram.gif

That is amazing, man!

I tried messing with the SR/RS and couldn't really get anything to work

yeah its tough. the generators can do it, but they don't interconnect the letters like a lot of the other ones.

Here's my shot. It's pretty simple but it gets the job done (sorta). It says both "SR" and "RS" going the same way, depending on perspective, and then again when flipped. Hopefully everyone else sees the initials and it's not just me going crazy.

SR-RS.png

yeah that definitely works. Once i get some time, i'm going to mess around with it to try and add a little more elegance/style to it. That is a hell of a start. Pretty amazing actually.

thanks for the help so far.

yeah that definitely works. Once i get some time, i'm going to mess around with it to try and add a little more elegance/style to it. That is a hell of a start. Pretty amazing actually.

thanks for the help so far.

Yeah, I wasn't really going for style, I just tried to make the basics work. Glad I could help though.

While I know it wasn't intentional I'd just like to say be careful because that SR could be interpreted as a swastika.