Andre Dawson Elected to HOF; Alomar Falls Short...

CDixonDesign

Good I am glad Alomar fell short.

I feel sorry for Blyleven its his last year on the ballot.

Jack Morris, Barry Larkin and Tim Raines deserve allot more consideration, all three are Hall of Famers in my book.

as for Pete Rose I said it before I'll say it again, he's been punished enough let him in and Shoeless Joe too.

Why is that? The guy was easily the best at his position for a long time. He was the only serious no-brainer I saw on the list this year. You need to judge his career as a whole, not just when he was making you miserable while he played for The Mets.

Does years in New York will forever taint him in my book. If he gets in the Hall it will be on be on my vote

Dude, you know nothing about sports. We already knew that before this quote, however.

You're such a homer. Almost on STL Fanatic level. You're a terrible fan at that, and can't type to save your life.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jack Morris, Barry Larkin and Tim Raines deserve allot more consideration, all three are Hall of Famers in my book.

as for Pete Rose I said it before I'll say it again, he's been punished enough let him in and Shoeless Joe too.

Why is that? The guy was easily the best at his position for a long time. He was the only serious no-brainer I saw on the list this year. You need to judge his career as a whole, not just when he was making you miserable while he played for The Mets.

Does years in New York will forever taint him in my book. If he gets in the Hall it will be on be on my vote

The quote might be short, but certainly head-scratching worthy... :wacko:

Here's where I'm a little confused, is the first part a question or a statement? The second part? Well, I can't decide if my confusion is due to the fact that I am taking painkillers or if Tank is just typing nonsensical gibberish. Or more gibberish than usual I should say.

BB52Big.jpg

The quote might be short, but certainly head-scratching worthy... :wacko:

Here's where I'm a little confused, is the first part a question or a statement? The second part? Well, I can't decide if my confusion is due to the fact that I am taking painkillers or if Tank is just typing nonsensical gibberish. Or more gibberish than usual I should say.

Luckily for you guys, I speak fluent nonsense. I believe this is what tNak was trying to say:

Those years in New York will forever taint him/his career in my book. If he gets inducted into the Hall, it will not be on my vote. (Note: The reason for this being that TAkn doesn't have a vote)

Fire Omar

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

Who are you, The Patron Saint of Lost Causes? Pete Rose, Shoeless Joe, Cleveland sports???

This should be Post of the Day

Blyleven, Jack Morris and Alomar should have all been in there as HOF picks.

But personally I would have had Trammell in as a Hall of Famer(homer and biased pick even if his numbers may not have been good enough)

No one is going to make the Robbie FireOmar joke?

Philistines.

Jokes are supposed to be funny...that's why you haven't seen that particular one attempted.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Also, just noting, 5 ballots were sent in completely blank...

Known asshat and general disgrace to his profession and species Jay Mariotti proudly proclaimed he was one of the five on Around the Horn yesterday.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

This Is unreal.

You have Writers that have never played the game, voting on a players fate to enter the HOF. Whatever, thats the way it has been and will be until some reasonable method is implimented. It really is sad that people posting here get bashed and ridiculed for their opinions, knowledge of sports,typing and spelling skills,and so forth. This seems like a sunday edition of the sports reporters on ESPN, instead of the subject at hand.

Known asshat and general disgrace to his profession and species Jay Mariotti proudly proclaimed he was one of the five on Around the Horn yesterday.

Why does that not surprise me in the least bit? Oh yeah, the whole "he's a huge douchebag" thing he has going on. <_<

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

What I saw from Robbie Alomar with the Mets diminished his Hall credentials greatly in my mind. Someone like Barry Larkin is much more deserving and he did not get nearly as many votes and Larkin won a MVP.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Who are you, The Patron Saint of Lost Causes? Pete Rose, Shoeless Joe, Cleveland sports???

Shoeless Joe and Pete Rose were amazing players. I respect what they did on the field. As for the betting, i have a hard time casting stones when i have committed the same sins... know what i mean? I still think they deserve it.

As for Cleveland sports, why do you gotta go there? :( Don't you know what they say about us Clevelanders? We're sadomasochists... we love the pain our sports' teams bring us. It's not called Believe-land for no reason. :P Even if we believe in hopelessness.

But come on, you don't see me dogging you for "Jigga"

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

As for Cleveland sports, why do you gotta go there? sad.gif Don't you know what they say about us Clevelanders? We're sadomasochists... we love the pain our sports' teams bring us. It's not called Believe-land for no reason. tongue.gif Even if we believe in hopelessness.

"

So you believe in S&M, is bondage going to be part of your next post?

What I saw from Robbie Alomar with the Mets diminished his Hall credentials greatly in my mind. Someone like Barry Larkin is much more deserving and he did not get nearly as many votes and Larkin won a MVP.

i can def. agree that his last 2 to 3 years were a bit rough, but i have a hard time believing every Hall of Famer had HOF stats, every year of his career. Just a quick summary of accomplishments in Robby's defense:

* twelve straight All-Star teams (1990?2001)

* ten gold gloves at second base (1991?96, 1998?2001) (record)

* hit over .300 nine times (1992?1997, 1999?2001)

* posting an OBP over .400 five times (1992?93, 1996, 1999, 2001)

* scoring 100 or more runs six times (1992?93, 1996, 1999?2001)

* driving in 100 or more runs twice (1999, 2001)

* stealing 30 or more bases eight times (1989, 1991?93, 1995, 1999?2001)

* winning four Silver Slugger awards (1992, 1996, 1999?2000)

* ALCS MVP

* 210 Home Runs

* Over 2,700 hits

* Arguably the best player on 2 World Series teams in Toronto.

That's pretty heavy credentials, even with 2 or 3 "down years."

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

Shoeless Joe and Pete Rose were amazing players. I respect what they did on the field. As for the betting, i have a hard time casting stones when i have committed the same sins... know what i mean? I still think they deserve it.

As for Cleveland sports, why do you gotta go there? :( Don't you know what they say about us Clevelanders? We're sadomasochists... we love the pain our sports' teams bring us. It's not called Believe-land for no reason. :P Even if we believe in hopelessness.

So you were paid to throw a World Series as a player and then later in your career as a major league manager you bet on your own team? Because unless you've committed those "same sins" then no, I don't "know what you mean."

Look, I get the sentiment and there's no doubt that Rose and Jackson were two of the all time greats. They both had hall of fame careers. There's just that one little problem; you cannot get paid to throw a game or series and you cannot gamble on baseball while playing or managing. All their greatness does not outweigh the fact that while playing, they :censored:-ed up in the worst possible way. The rules are the rules. They don't change based on the career you had before you broke them.

And here's a little free advice for you rookie. I think you might be better off leaving well enough alone with Jigga. Trust me on this one. :D

BB52Big.jpg

It really is sad that people posting here get bashed and ridiculed for their opinions, knowledge of sports,typing and spelling skills,and so forth. This seems like a sunday edition of the sports reporters on ESPN, instead of the subject at hand.

For what it's worth, based on my experience, this place is by far the most civil sports forum I've ever been involved with. Give it a few weeks and get the lay of the land. A lot of the bashing and ridicule is not at all serious. Get to know the place before you decide we're a bunch of barbarians.

BB52Big.jpg

That guy has a vote?! What the hell!

i can def. agree that his last 2 to 3 years were a bit rough, but i have a hard time believing every Hall of Famer had HOF stats, every year of his career.

Great point. Willie Mays immediately comes to mind. Reggie Jackson's another one. Babe Ruth didn't exactly go out in a blaze of glory. Most hall of fame caliber players didn't finish all that well. Trust me, if Alomar hadn't played for Tank's Mets (The team that he claims to love yet acts like despises) he'd be singing a different tune.

BB52Big.jpg

So you were paid to throw a World Series as a player and then later in your career as a major league manager you bet on your own team? Because unless you've committed those "same sins" then no, I don't "know what you mean."

Look, I get the sentiment and there's no doubt that Rose and Jackson were two of the all time greats. They both had hall of fame careers. There's just that one little problem; you cannot get paid to throw a game or series and you cannot gamble on baseball while playing or managing. All their greatness does not outweigh the fact that while playing, they :censored:-ed up in the worst possible way. The rules are the rules. They don't change based on the career you had before you broke them.

And here's a little free advice for you rookie. I think you might be better off leaving well enough alone with Jigga. Trust me on this one. :D

There's a reason that not betting on the game when you're still involved with the MLB is referred to as baseball's "Golden Rule." If you break it, you're done. No exceptions. This mostly stems from what Shoeless Joe Jackson and his teammates did in 1919. Commissioner Kennesaw Mountain Landis set the precedent on this sort of offense: if you bet on baseball as an employee of MLB or one of its teams, you are banned from baseball.

So close to sig material but falls short. Like Alomar.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

That guy has a vote?! What the hell!

Apparently, having blog space and uninformed, contrarian opinions is qualification for being a Hall of Fame balloter now. In which case, I look forward to next year's 126,000,000 ballots.

If you can't be bothered to put a name on your ballot, you should automatically forfeit all future voting privileges. How is this not a rule?

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Archived