My (Personal) Football League Redesign

CJworks

• Replies 881
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A few out there helmet ideas. With the Knights, maybe have the blue from the logo be the helmet stripe. With the Dragons, you could use the wings on the helmet, a la the Eagles. You could also do something similar with the Aztecs and make the head-dress the helmet.

I was going to suggest this too. I think it could really work for a lot of these team, since there are so many creative names that lend themselves to cool helmet ideas.

Also, it would be cool to see some league history or backstory, maybe some uniform design history. I think you could easily pull both of these things off.

What do you mean by uniform design history? Like the past unis for these teams? I also have all of my first franchises' logos, I could post those.

All of the above. Dont you think it would be pretty cool to see how a team's identity has changed over time. The way you write your posts makes it seem like these teams have some history

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

Alright. I updated...

...the Aztecs' helmet. As requested by dgnmrwrw, I added a thin outline to the Aztec head, making the logo pop more.

...the Aztecs' helmet(in the unis.)

...the first page. I added my original logos as requested by MDC and Limerick. (Read the disclaimer!!!)

...the first page. (the signatures were added at the very top to show first visiters what they're in for :P ) Thanks to ckraider22 for the sigs!

Check them out!

First the Aztecs C&C. I agree with others in that it's your among your best yet. I like the Sharks and Rhinos, and the Aztecs rank up there. I was going to say gold helmets, but then you get into the comparisons with 49ers being the same colors. I would be interested to see the uniform with gold pants however. Nice job all around.

As for the originals on the first page of the thread: I can't tell you how much that brings back the days when I made my Intercontinental Football League when I was in the sixth or seventh grade! I had the helmets the logos and all that drawn out as well but my youth was in the 70s when the computer wasn't a staple to our households. I think that's really cool how you kept true your original thoughts.

7824_large.jpg

Haha cool, you, too! That's cool how you also had your own league. But see, my league is only 5 years old, and I only have 8 of the original teams. I've recently dug up some of my old unis as well, and I'll take pics and post them up for the teams I'm on, and hopefully fill in the missing pieces for the ones I've misplaced. I'm eventually going to recreate all of the uniforms and logos for my league when im finished with the up-to-date uniforms

As for the Aztecs, im indifferent on gold pants, but if youd really like to see them i could whip something up

have you tried a gold helmet for the Aztecs? Maybe with the main stripe being red, outlined in white, then black.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

have you tried a gold helmet for the Aztecs? Maybe with the main stripe being red, outlined in white, then black.

aztechelmet4-1.png

EDIT: I also posted the past uniforms for the teams I've posted. I haven't posted all unis, but I should have them up soon. You guys could suggest what unis could be used as throwbacks

#8 Miami Pirates

Up Next #9 Dallas Talons

pirateREVO1-1.png

The Miami Pirates (the franchise once started as the Miami Gorillas) has been a team with a wide range of colors, but most commonly, black and gold. For years I've struggled to come up with a sustainable identity for them, and I just couldn't get the uniforms to my liking. Before this color scheme, the Pirates had a orange-gold-black color scheme, but with this there wasn't much contrast. I've then decided to go with beige-teal-midnight navy scheme, and it looked great. The primary is an

aged human skull with a teal bandana with a sword pierced through it. This is used on the helmet. The secondary is two crossing pirate swords, is used on the pants and sleeves. I completely changed my direction with the script, I steered away from the 'Buccaneer' look. I went with something more aged, a 'Miami Pirates' script in beige with teal shadow. For the uniforms, I dropped the athletic gold altogether, and decided to replace it with beige.

Home

piratehome2.png

Away

pirateaway2.png

Alternate

piratealternate2.png

Throwback Unis (in chronological order from oldest to newest)

1, 2, 3

Pants; I'm going to start making throwbacks for the teams I've done, you guys can suggesat which ones I should use. I prefer jersey #2. C&C!

**UPDATED 6/14/10**

you know i love your work man, but these pants are the same as the Bandits, Rhinos, and Aztecs. You show great ability, but i think you can be a little more creative on the pants like you have with the Dragons, Sharks, and Wildcats.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

you know i love your work man, but these pants are the same as the Bandits, Rhinos, and Aztecs. You show great ability, but i think you can be a little more creative on the pants like you have with the Dragons, Sharks, and Wildcats.

I know, I'm really conservative with these concepts though. They'll start switching up abit though

I am new to the site. I have my own league called the MLF (started in 95) I do not draw well but have come up with logos for some teams. I really like what you have done hear. On the Pirates hemelt I would consider making the sword a helmet stripe. Great work!!!

The colors look awesome, and very unique, on the Miami Pirates concept.

As for throwbacks, here are my suggestions:

Florida Sharks: throwback #3

Washington Knights: throwback #4

Cleveland Bandits: #2 or #3

San Diego Wildcats: #1

Dakota Rhinos: #2 or #3 (I also noticed that #1 is actually San Diego Wildcats throwback #2)

Chicago Dragons: #1

Los Angeles Aztecs: #1

Miami Pirates: #2

YOZXkBG.png?1

Im also new to the site... Ive gone through the boards a lot and have made some concepts for the falcons and titans... I think you should flip the direction the sword is going on the helmet, as ithe current design throwns off the fluidness of the uniform... You've done an amazing job already, man!

PS: I was wondering why I can't start my own topic on here... If you guys have any answers, please tell me... thanks!

temp.png?t=1278818900

VThokiesfan34.pngVThokiesfan34.png

Im also new to the site... Ive gone through the boards a lot and have made some concepts for the falcons and titans... I think you should flip the direction the sword is going on the helmet, as ithe current design throwns off the fluidness of the uniform... You've done an amazing job already, man!

PS: I was wondering why I can't start my own topic on here... If you guys have any answers, please tell me... thanks!

Thanks for the comments, and welcome!

I think it's because you're previewing right now. I'm not sure what that means, but maybe someone else could answer that?

EDIT: Bandits update

Archived