My (Personal) Football League Redesign

CJworks

Been a while but its great to have this redesign project back up-and-running.

As for the Denver Avengers redesign concept, I say it looks really sharp. Especially the "flying warrior" logo. Excellent work.

YOZXkBG.png?1

• Replies 881
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really like the logos for Denver. The secondary is great. The jerseys are good, but did you usae the same font or the alternate numbers as you did with the home and road? Great work, nonetheless.

MK8_Iggy.pngMK8_Lemmy.pngMK8_Ludwig.pngMK8_Morton.png

I really like the logos for Denver. The secondary is great. The jerseys are good, but did you usae the same font or the alternate numbers as you did with the home and road? Great work, nonetheless.

The numbers are all custom, they are supposed to be all from one font package. So, the number font is different from the 'Avengers' script font, if that's what you were getting at.

I'm torn on the Avengers set. I really like the name and colors. The primary logo is also quite nice. You've gotten better and better at rendering. My only qualm with the logo is that a handful of your recent logos have started to look similar in composition and style. But that's a small complaint, and lord knows I understand how difficult it is to do a lot of work and keep it all unique.

The secondary is an ok logo, but I don't get it's connection. I get the mountains=Denver bit, but nothing else about it fits with "Avengers" to me. The tertiary logo is much stronger, but I'd recommend two changes. First, the D seems a bit odd because it doesn't appear to be in the same type as the wordmark, which hurts the overall package's continuity. Secondly, the sword appears to be a cutlass or something a pirate would carry as apposed to a knight's (or Centurion's, which is what I see in the logo) sword.

I'm not a fan of the unis. They aren't bad per se, but they do seem like a simple Falcons recolor.

All in all, it's another solid package that could use a bit of tweaking.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

You make alot of good points here, and I understand what you mean about the consistancy of styles. The 'D' the font package offered wasn't appealing to me, so I went custom, but I'm willing to change that, and I could switch the sword as well.

The compass logo, with the mountains in the backround, was supposed to have the D-sword in front of it making it all one logo. I felt they looked better separated, so I stuck with it. I'll try and whip something else up.

I'll see if I can push this update up tonight (the next concept is ready for posting, just looking for some more comments.)

Updated the secondary and tertiary logos. I added in the warrior on a horse silhoette and switched the font and sword for the tertiary.

On the secondary I'd lose the tiny moon altogether its just not gonna render properly at a size much smaller than you have it on the photobucket page. If you want the moon there to add drama then make it huge! Use the circle you have in the compass to create a massive "harvest" moon behind the whole thing. You may need to simplify the rocks at the bottom and just have them as a silhouette to make that work but it might be worth a try. I'd also like to see the size of the horse an rider pushed up a bit as well, have the front legs of the rearing horse maybe break out of the circle, maybe you've tried it already but if not might be worth a go.

On the tertiary the new sword is far more fitting that the cavalier style sword you used in earlier iterations I love that, good job.

The only other criticism I have, and sadly I can say this for all of them is that especially with the primary logos the examples are all too small for my liking! You've put all that effort into producing all these designs, many of them I really like but we're not getting to see them big enough to really appreciate them. Even if you just increased the size of the helmets with the primarys on that would be enough, but c'mon let us see these in more detail they deserve it!

9erssteve

9ersstevesig.png

The only issue I have with the secondary is that if I have two silhoettes (the rider and the rocks), I feel that they might blend together and create one big shape, especially if they're the same color. I initially tried to make the rocks the foreground, and the silhoette the background with the moon used to show some perspective in the sky. I could make the moon bigger and have the silhoette 'in front of' the moon, if that's what you mean.

How much bigger should I go with these? I have a link for the images already(and the size is pretty large).

EDIT: updated secondary.

The only issue I have with the secondary is that if I have two silhoettes (the rider and the rocks), I feel that they might blend together and create one big shape, especially if they're the same color. I initially tried to make the rocks the foreground, and the silhoette the background with the moon used to show some perspective in the sky. I could make the moon bigger and have the silhoette 'in front of' the moon, if that's what you mean.

How much bigger should I go with these? I have a link for the images already(and the size is pretty large).

I love this newer secondary logo. It's better than the other two.

YOZXkBG.png?1

Still looking for some more comments on the Avengers, but I might as well post the next team:

#19 Asheville Mountaineers

Up Next: #19.1 Montana Grizzlies Update

mountaineerREVO1.png

This next team has been through plenty of changes in its 4 year history, some of which including name changes (from the Maryland Shining to the Maryland Mountaineers to the Baltimore Mountaineers to the Asheville Mountaineers) and color changes (from red-blue to yellow-navy to orange-navy and now orange-navy-silver). I've tried to settle with a solid logo set here as well as a solid identity. At first, I decided on using a mountain as the primary logo, but that seemed predictable, and it didn't look well on a helmet anyways. The primary is now a two-tone A interlocking with an ice-pick with an orange backdrop, used by mountaineers. The secondary is then a white mountain logo with 2 crossing ice picks, which is used on the sleeves. The script/wordmark is used with the same style of the A, a Mountaineers script with a two-tone effect and an orange backdrop. The uniforms are posted below:

Home

mountaineerhomepresentation-1.png

Away

mountaineerawaypresentation-1.png

Alternate

mountaineeralternatepresentation-1.png

**UPDATED 6/1/10**

I'm not feeling this, mainly because I'm pretty sure there arent any mountains in Baltimore. Baltimore is a sea side-port city.

Brave-Bird 08, see post #221 of this topic on why they're called the Baltimore Mountaineers.

YOZXkBG.png?1

Hmmm yeah about that... DOH! I only just spotted the links to the large versions now that you mentioned them. I cant believe I missed them ALL! It's not like I just found this thread yesterday I've been checking in and out of it pretty much since it started, epic fail on my part, sorry about that. Having checked the links you dont need to change anything mate those are perfectly sized, I clearly just need to go and get my eyes tested again!

9erssteve

9ersstevesig.png

Well, I don't think just because the App mountains runs through Maryland justifies the nickname. Thats my opinion.

There is a major swamp in south Georgia, but that doesnt mean Atlanta can get away with having a team called the "swamprats" or something. I went on googleearth and panned down to flat view...and there is not a mountain within sight of Baltimore.

It just doesnt make enough sense.

Archived