My (Personal) Football League Redesign

CJworks

• Replies 881
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is an excellent render of a bear, but the eyes bother me for some reason. It might be the fact that they're white; bears eyes are typically in shadow but yours reads as a highlight. Still, good work.

I'm glad someone else sees the exact same problem, I couldn't figure out why it was giving that weird affect. I think I'll use gold instead of white with the next update, hopefully it does the job.

Very nice work on this one. First off, I love the colors, they have a very woodsy feel. (You've used dark blue again, but that's ok because the palette looks so nice.) Uniforms are also good. It's nice that you're mixing it up with some modern looks and others that are more classic. My only suggestion there would be to try to unify the striping styles, as you have different ones on the helmet, sleeves, and pants. But that's very minor.

The logo is a very nice render. I know from experience that it's hard to come up with an original looking bear-face logo, as there are so many out there already, but yours definitely has its own look. I think you could make some very minor tweaks, most notably on the silver outline stroke (the bottom especially looks too pointed and extended); the top of the head (I feel like it should be more rounded with a less pronounced "dip"); and something about the eyes (can't quite put my finger on that one). I do really like the way you handled the mouth, especially the teeth.

All in all, this is another very good concept. Keep it up.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

Well, I actually created these stripes knowing they'd be inconsistant. The uniforms have had touches of silver in them ever since they adopted the name 'Grizzlies' in '07, '08, and '09(except the silver had more of a beveled look), and I wanted to keep it that way. Yes, skier, I do realize how I kinda lose the outside stripes, but it is consistant that way, keeping a navy-silver-navy pattern. So, the helmet and pants are my problems here.

I've taken dgnmrwrw and Nole's advice here to tweak up the primary. Just a few minor changes here.

Old / New

I like the Grizz. It's nice to see you expanding the uniforms with not just color, but style (Arizona). If you are looking got a secondary logo, i was thinking something similar to a Bear claw ripping through, making an M. Although it will look a lot like Monster's logo, i think with your skill you could make it your own. Potentially showing the claw at the bottom as it rips down.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

I like the Grizz. It's nice to see you expanding the uniforms with not just color, but style (Arizona). If you are looking got a secondary logo, i was thinking something similar to a Bear claw ripping through, making an M. Although it will look a lot like Monster's logo, i think with your skill you could make it your own. Potentially showing the claw at the bottom as it rips down.

I've considered that, but I think it'll go along alot better with the style of another team I'm doing, with rips and clawmarks (spoiler!).

Excellent work on the Montana Grizzlies concept. Only one problem: the University of Montana already uses the Grizzlies name for their college sports teams.

So I would suggest swapping the Grizzlies name for the Avengers name the Denver team has in your league.

But anyway, excellent work on the Grizzlies, especially with the primary logo.

YOZXkBG.png?1

1. Haven't taken time to read every post - but did scan through the designs of the actual uniforms.

2. Your choice of colors and logos appears to be well thought out, even if a few are somewhat similar reminders of other logos.

3. A few teams numerals (like Dallas) are hard to read. Other than that, I think you have yourself a winner.

Good job - keep up your skillz.

spacer.png  5-time Defending NL East Champions spacer.png 

I like the Grizzlies logo except for the eyes. Have you considered making the dark part white and doing away with the lighter part.

realclearpolitics.com

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire."

- Robert A. Heinlein

#14 Cincinnati Vultures

Up Next: #15 Topeka Indians

vultureREVO1.png

For this concept, I wanted to steer out of a groove. I tried to be completely original with this one, as the name vultures sparks some great ideas. The history of the colors, reddish-purple and sand, date back to the fresh, new name of Vultures given to the Cincinnati franchise (previously known as Cincinnati Blazers) back in late 2005, early 2006. The uniforms have stayed somewhat inconsistant, in 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, and now in 2010. I primarily wanted to award this team with a solid identity once and for all, so I went back with its earlier shade of red in '07, and used the sand color from '09. Unfortunately, halfway through the concept, I had realized that my Vultures concept was getting a little too similar to dgnmrwrw's concept in his old NFL Spring League thread, so that kinda forced me to go with a different idea than what I might've wanted. Anyways, the primary is a red vulture head above its shoulders. I had a little fun with the secondary, which is a red V (for Vultures) with wings. I decided to go with a V instead of the C for Cincinnati for the reason that C isn't as symmetrical, and it wouldn't look as nice. The script is a customized variation of Blade 2, Vultures in red. The uniforms are as follows.

Home

vulturehomepresentation.png

Away

vultureawaypresentation.png

Alternate

vulturealternatepresentation.png

Whadya guys think?

I like the colour scheme. Any plans on a third jersey for these guys?

I might consider a throwback of some sort, maybe even a charcoal alternate.

I like the vultures except I would like to see more striping. I think the helmet would look better on a white helmet or sand. Otherwise, I love all the logos.

I wanted to try and keep it as close to the 2009 uniforms as possible, which had no stripes.

The Vultures home jersey/pants reminds me of Boston College. I think it's mostly the wide pants stripe and the closeness of colours. I would switch the sleeve logo with the pants logo, I'm not feeling the wings on the legs or the head on the sleeves. Also, the secondary V looks a little bit comic book-esque, maybe a little too cartoony for a team. I like it otherwise!

Archived