My (Personal) Football League Redesign

CJworks

• Replies 881
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey C Jay Z, before moving the Mountaineers to Asheville, NC, I was going to suggest keeping them in Baltimore, but change the nickname to something more related to the city's location by the Chesapeake Bay, such as Admirals or Clippers, while keeping the Orange, Navy Blue, and Silver color scheme.

YOZXkBG.png?1

Hey C Jay Z, before moving the Mountaineers to Asheville, NC, I was going to suggest keeping them in Baltimore, but change the nickname to something more related to the city's location by the Chesapeake Bay, such as Admirals or Clippers, while keeping the Orange, Navy Blue, and Silver color scheme.

I've considered a name change, but I wanted to try and keep the same team name (a, I find it particularly original, and b, the nickname has been with the franchise for 4 years already).

I've considered a name change, but I wanted to try and keep the same team name (a, I find it particularly original, and b, the nickname has been with the franchise for 4 years already).

Oh, well. Just a thought anyway.

Another idea I had in mind would be to move the Mountaineers to Roanoke, VA. The Mountaineers name would make more sense in Roanoke (or in Asheville, NC, as Brave-Bird 08 had suggested).

Also, I would suggest the names of these asterisk-marked teams:

-New Orleans Gators

-Detroit Mastodons

-New York Americans

Still working on a name for Milwaukee. I have ran out of ideas on finding a name better than Dark-Eagles.

YOZXkBG.png?1

First, let me commend you for the Denver updates. Both new logos are light years ahead of the originals, and the whole package feels much more complete now. Kudos.

The Asheville set is ok. Again the colors are very nice. You're maintaining a lot of variation throughout the league, which is important. The logos, however, seem a little weak.

I like the idea for the primary, but the pickaxe looks teeny tiny--especially with the thin handle--when paired with the A. Maybe consider just using a stylized (and bigger) pickaxe on the helmets? I know the Sacramento Gold Miners did something similar, but I bet it would look great--and a lot stronger--on a helmet. Just a thought.

The secondary definitely needs work. It's just some quickly rendered mountains. I know "Mountaineers" is a bit abstract, but the logo's got to be more than just two generic mountains. You could go with a Davy Crockett-esque figure. Or, if you really want to use those mountains, pair them up with the A; or maybe have a silhouetted, vertical pickaxe behind them; or the Asheville "skyline"; and you should probably frame them somehow. But something has to be added there, I think.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

I've got a quick update on the primary and secondary logos; I bulked up the axe pic as well as placing a crossing ice pic silhouette behind the mountain.

newlogos1.png

Actually, it's an ice axe, not an ice pick. Although there is often confusion between the two.

But anyway, those are better looking primary and secondary logos for the Baltimore Roanoke Asheville Mountaineers.

Also, with Baltimore vacated by the move of the Mountaineers, I was thinking about renaming the Washington Knights into the "Baltimore-Washington Knights" or the "Washington-Baltimore Knights". Seems unlikely it'll happen but anyway, just my opinion.

YOZXkBG.png?1

So far my favorite by a land slide is the Dakota Rhinos. That whole scheme just....works. The main logo is AWESOME, the D on the pants, freakin nice, the stripe on the helmet is a perfect touch....everything. Great design.

#19.1 Montana Grizzlies Update

Up Next: #19.2 Phoenix Skyhawks Update

grizzlyREVO1-1.png

With the genral research of bears preceeding the Minnesota Bruins concept, I've decided to touch back on my Montana Grizzlies concept. The old bear didn't seem strong enough to me, so I went back to the drawing boards and produced the new primary, seen here. I've also finished up the secondary logo I said I was going todo, which is a bear's arm clawing the letter 'M'. I've reworked the script as well, this one not as custom; seen here. The uniforms went through minor tweaks, mostly logo switches, but the links are below:

Home

grizzliehomepresentation-1.png

Away

grizzlieawaypresentation-1.png

Alternate

grizzliealternatepresentation-1.png

The Bruins are still the next team, but I may rework some of my older logos. C&C?

the grizzlies look good, kinda look like the rams but yet dont. i would have liked to see a different nickname for montana being that the university of montana is also the grizzlies or "grizz"

maehl.png

#19.2 Phoenix Skyhawks Update

Up Next: #19.3 Los Angeles Aztecs

skyhawkREVO1-1.png

I've felt like I've could've executed the whole concept alot better, so I've touched back on this concept as well. I've reworked the whole logo package, and this time I tried to create some overall unity within the set. The primary is a red hawk head outlined in navy and sand. The secondary is a shield with a 'PHX' script under a soaring hawk. The tertiary is that same 'PHX' script. The script is in the same style as the secondary and tertiary logos, 'Phoenix' over 'Skyhawks'. Small changes were made to the uniforms.

Home

skyhawkhome.png

Away

skyhawkaway.png

Alternate

skyhawkalternate.png

The skyhawk logo is great! alternate is great! scripts are done very well. but, the wordmark is a little difficult to read due to the way the shadowing and connects are working. You could try cleaning those up just a tad, but definitely dont trash the concept behind the script logo bc its sweet! like the uniforms too, but id rather have them without a sublimated pattern on the back

Archived