My (Personal) Football League Redesign

CJworks

The skyhawk logo is great! alternate is great! scripts are done very well. but, the wordmark is a little difficult to read due to the way the shadowing and connects are working. You could try cleaning those up just a tad, but definitely dont trash the concept behind the script logo bc its sweet! like the uniforms too, but id rather have them without a sublimated pattern on the back

What do you mean specifically by the shadowing and the connects? Could you clarify?

• Replies 881
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only other ones I can see that need reworking are the rhinos, talons, and pirates. Otherwise, they are all perfect. I have loved this series since it started, and I'm really liking how it's coming together.

30vja50.png

GIANTS_REDSOX_CELTICS_LIGHTNING_BULLS

The only other ones I can see that need reworking are the rhinos, talons, and pirates. Otherwise, they are all perfect. I have loved this series since it started, and I'm really liking how it's coming together.

I appreciate the comment. I have those same teams in mind, along with the Aztecs, which I will be posting later on.

#19.3 Los Angeles Aztecs Update

Up Next: #19.4 Chicago Dragons Update

aztecREVO1-1.png

So, I completely revamped this set; no more black and gold, more midnight navy and sand. Brand new primary here, this one hopefully stronger. Strengthened the script here as well, along with a new secondary, an 'LA' monogram in two-tone red with two feathers. New uniforms as well:

Home

aztechome2-1.png

Away

aztecaway2-1.png

Alternate

aztecalternate2-1.png

Wow, I didn't think the Aztecs could get much better, but you have done that. The numbers on the shoulders look nice, and I would assume that's what you want for the front and back of the jersey.

nlog42.jpg

Thanks Dolphins91 for the jersey avatars.

my favorite of your logos by far and you improved even more. looks much more fierce and seperates it form looking like a louisville or arizona cardinals logo. great just great job

maehl.png

#19.8 Chicago Dragons Update

Up Next: #19.9 Miami Pirates Update

dragonREVO1-1.png

So, not so much to say here, more of an expansion of where I stopped off at more than anything. The primary is still the same, made a few tweaks and clean-ups here and there but still relatively the same. The secondary is much more detailed and in-depth if you will, which is a powder blue full-bodied dragon holding a shield with the 'CD' monogram, while the tertiary is that same shield from the secondary; used on the pants. The script uses the full bodied dragon from the secondary, this time holding a two-toned 'Chicago Dragons' wordmark in white. Uniforms are the same, except a switch of number font to fit the current wordmark.

Home

dragonhome2-1.png

Away

dragonaway2-1.png

Alternate

dragonalternate2-1.png

Thanks for all of the feedback guys.

I noticed a few things, so I updated the full bodied dragon as well as the uniforms.

-The dragon looked empty down near the neck, so I filled in the underside of the body, as in the primary.

-The uniforms were missing the helmet stripe in the middle helmet, so I filled that in.

Wow. I go away for a few days, and I come back to four very nice updates. Everything is an improvement. I still think you could pay a bit more attention to variations in line weight and outlines, though. Just a few quick 'for instances' that I noticed:

Montana secondary:

The weight on the blue outline varies greatly (from very thin on the claws to very thick on the hand right beside the claws), and the silver/gray outline is too jagged in places.

Phoenix primary:

Here I really think you should taper the outline at the bottom of the neck and at the back of the head. In both places, whatever automatic command you're using to generate the outline is causing it to go from a smooth curve to a straight angle. It looks bad and would be easy to fix.

Phoenix wordmark:

This one is minor, but I think you could simplify all the little ins and outs on the outline to simplify its jaggedness.

Los Angeles primary:

Same thing on the outline here. I think, starting at frontmost (leftmost?) point of the outline, you could probably get away with one single curve on the top to the sharp point, and one single curve along the bottom to the base of the chin.

Los Angeles secondary:

Same general stuff here with the outline simplicity and where the curves turn into straight lines instead of tapering smoothly.

Chicago secondary:

Different issues here. First, the light blue highlight on the dragon's tail is a little bit all over the place when compared to it's dark blue outline. They should be more consistent. Also, I don't think you need the dark blue and silver outlines on the CD letters. It makes things overcomplicated.

Chicago wordmark:

Same tail issue as the secondary. Also, you have a really thick outline on the dragon but a thin one on the wordmark. Make them consistent. Further, I don't think you need to sever the wordmark from the dragon with the silver outline. I'd just use the silver outline on the wordmark where is juts out from the dragon. Hope that makes sense.

Lots of nitpicking, but I really think your concepts would shine if you refined the outlines and strokes the way you did those great logos. Again, all of the updates are very good. The Aztecs logo is especially nice: it's just a gorgeous primary logo. And you're obviously spending much more time on wordmarks--they look a lot more integrated into the complete package, like the stuff I do on my minor league hockey concepts.

Anyway, keep up the good work. This series is what I look forward to most on these boards.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

Archived