My (Personal) Football League Redesign

CJworks

getting closer. that angle carries the sword from the logo on the pants (crossed swords). I would try making the handle of the sword start in the top left, and the blade end in the bottom right, because the colors would balance better, but i think it would throw of the W K.

It still seems a little cluttered. how about smaller letters and maybe thinning out the sword? i think it will allow more space for everything to develop for the eyes. Right now it seems there is a lot going on.

i think it is moving towards the right direction... but what do you think? are you happy with it? it's your league, so the main thing should be if you are happy with it.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

• Replies 881
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah i dont think you are far off form it... its just going to be the orientation and size of everything. like i said, i think you are super close.

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

the only other thing i can think of is making the shield a little bit smaller and putting the sword behind it. then have the staggered WK on the face of the shield. in the open space below the W and above the K, you can put the bolts on the shield like you did on the original. With the sword behind the shield, you can put the sword angling with the handle at the top right and the blade ending in the bottom left. it would carry over from the double crossed sword logo.

the last thing i can think of is maybe just have the sword straight down, behind the shield, down the center. you can still keep the W and K in an orientation you want.

Like i said, i think you are on the verge of getting "the" one. it just finding the right orientation.

Florida Sharks: Excellent work on that concept. I especially like the stripes on the jerseys.

Washington Knights: Another great looking concept. I'd make the helmet black or blue, but still a great concept overall.

As for the teams marked with an asterisk, I would suggest these team names:

• New Orleans Pelicans or Gators
  • Detroit Mustangs
  • Milwaukee Owls
  • New York Shamrocks
  • Tennessee Hornets
  • St. Louis Explorers or Rivermen

YOZXkBG.png?1

#3 Cleveland Bandits

Up Next: #4 San Diego Wildcats

banditREVO1.png

Cleveland Bandits, being the the 3rd oldest team, had always been simple. First off, no more solid black; it's replaced by a darker charcoal color with hints of blue (which I felt contrasted well against the athletic gold). The gold is now more of a mustard color, and I've also added cardinal red for some accenting. The primary is much more detailed than before, and is now a

streaking bandit with an athletic gold stetson cowboy hat and bandana. I wanted to try and incorperate the hat again somewhere, so the secondary is a two toned 'CB' monogram with an athletic gold stetson hat ontop of it. While I'm adding this cowboy feel to the package, I feel that I still need to consider where this team is located, Ohio, which isn't famously known for cowboys, so I took the state flag and gave it the team colors, with a red C for Cleveland in place of the red circle. This is used as the tertiary, which is not very prominant in the uniforms. I also steered away from the curly Bandits font I used before, and I replaced it with a western font; 'Bandits' in gold.

Now, I still have two other teams that are synonyms of a bandit (the San Jose Outlaws and San Antonio Desperados), so I'm also saving some other ideas for those two teams.

Home

bandithome2-1.png

Away

banditaway2-1.png

Alternate

banditalternate2-1.png

**UPDATED 7/13/10**

nice and clean... but as a Cleveland fan, i just can't fully say i like since it the... S-s-s-steelers *cringes*

Haha I figured someone would say that. Anymore comments?

you know i really enjoy your work, but i had to. to be honest, i was thinking a color scheme of red, orange/yellow, white, and black. and for some reason i was thinking of a logo with an old style revolver - which may not be the best idea considering the current Washington Wizards situation.

again, i'll be waiting for the next team.

This one'll prolly be my last for a couple days with finals coming up, here it is:

#4 San Diego Wildcats

Up Next: #5 Dakota Rhinos

wildcatREVO1.png

The Wildcats have been a fairly new team, they've changed their name a couple times and the colors as well. But this past summer, I came up with a great, clean identity for them. I have a streaking blue wildcat head for the primary, and a front profile of the wildcat as the secondary. The script, the same font as the secondary, is blue, also.

Home

wildcathomepresentation.png

Away

wildcatawaypresentation.png

Alternate

wildcatalternatepresentation.png

Throwback Unis (in chronological order from oldest to newest)

1, 2

The three sets of pants. Well, C&C

**UPDATED 1/30/10**

Cleveland Bandits: I dunno if Cleveland fans would approve of the Black & Athletic Gold color scheme for this team since it would scream "Pittsburgh Steelers". But anyhoo, still a pretty good concept.

San Diego Wildcats: Concept looks cool. Love the Wildcat head and the pants stripes.

YOZXkBG.png?1

The uniform designs are incredible. The logos need a bit of refining, but arent too bad. Its just those uniform designs are so nice. This last one, modern, but nice, and realistic. I must commend you on that

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

I really like what you're doing here, the uniforms are great! With that said, I think you need to refine some of your logos. There seems to be stray lines throughout your logo designs. I'm sure it is because of inkscape, but see if you can clean them up a bit. Also I'm not too sure on the Wildcats' logo. It really took me a couple seconds to understand what I was looking at. Otherwise everything is great, keep it up!

30vja50.png

GIANTS_REDSOX_CELTICS_LIGHTNING_BULLS

Archived