CJworks

My (Personal) Football League Redesign

Looks great. A little "Cowboyish" with the star logo, but still a very well done concept. I'm not sure what it is about the "4" but it just doesn't seem to go with the other numbers.

The updated Dallas Talons concept is a huge improvement from the original. Excellent work.

Great work on the Talons, definitely a massive change! I know this is a little random, but on your Asheville Mountaineers concept, the 1st helmet still has a "B" for Baltimore instead of an "A" for Asheville.

I appreciate the comments guys.

GeauxColonels: I thought it looked a bit odd, but it's actually part of the font package, and I thought I'd give it a shot and use it. I might end up doing a custom '4' though.

Very nice update to the Talons. Not at all what I expected, but it looks great. That tertiary logo is especially clever, and the wordmark is nice as well. I would go back and tweak the shape of the navy around DALLAS in the wordmark, though. The bubbly look could instead just be a straight line across. Another good update.

i have really loved following this series. it makes it so much more enjoyable because i and probably many others here, made up tams as little ones. its been great seeing these updates, great job!

#19.9 New York Lightning Update

Up Next: #19.10 Cleveland Bandits Update

lightningREVO1-1.png

So, the entire team identity here was revamped. I completely changed the color scheme, this time with a lighter teal paired with a deeper (almost faded) athletic gold, with beige used as an accent. I wanted to try and incorperate the bolt this time, as the last uniforms looked a little bored. Zeus makes another apperance in this set, this time around more detailed and 'thought' out. Although this logo is only used on the sleeves and pants, it's still the primary logo. I've update the 'NY bolt' logo, using the newer font and color scheme. The newer wordmark is 'New York Lightning' in the two-toned color scheme. I may go back and add an updated version of the fist and bolt logo, it wasn't as strong as the other two, I feel. Again, the bolts were used on the uniforms more prominantly, specifically as pant, helmet and sleeve stripes.

Home

lightninghome2.png

Away

lightningaway2.png

Alternate

lightningalternate2-1.png

Let me know what you guys think.

Love this upgrade. IIRC, your original Lightning really screamed Chargers to me, but this is definitely different and unique.

Great work on this update. I think this is much better than the original. The striping is very original and adds a nice feel to the uniforms. I thought that the old Lightning uniforms were your weakest set in this series. Great work on the update.

The NEW New York Lightning uniform & logo package looks way better than the original!

I am most impressed by the new look "thunderbolt 'NY'" logo and the newer looking colors.

The overall "unique-ness" of the new update Lightning concept makes them a far cry from being "a clone of the San Diego Chargers".

Excellent work, C Jay Z!

Wow, that's awesome! I'd love to see my Chargers wear something like this (albeit with powder blue homes instead of dark blue). Well done! I especially love the bolt pattern down the sides.

wow, that makes the chargers uniforms look terrible. you incorporated the bolt so well

Wow, I didn't think I'd get so much positive feedback on the uniforms; thanks a ton guys.

I'm going for finishing off all of the updates by next Monday, so that leaves room for me to try and complete the series by the end of this summer (if all goes well). That will push me to go for a team a day.

Keep the comments coming!

Well, I guess I'll be the downer. I think this is your first miss with the updates, the rest were outstanding by the way. I don't like the new NY logo. I don't really know why, I just much prefer the old one. Also I'm not too keen on the lightning stripes. I think they need to be on a stripe, and I think you need to widen them. They are too small to make out what they are, other than piping, from any distance. With the new Zeus logo, I love it. It is far superior to the first one, which I thought was great too. Other than that, I'm not too sure about the new blue, but I guess its alright. On all of the other ones, I wouldn't change a thing. The Dragons are definitely my favorite so far.

Well, I guess I'll be the downer. I think this is your first miss with the updates, the rest were outstanding by the way. I don't like the new NY logo. I don't really know why, I just much prefer the old one. Also I'm not too keen on the lightning stripes. I think they need to be on a stripe, and I think you need to widen them. They are too small to make out what they are, other than piping, from any distance. With the new Zeus logo, I love it. It is far superior to the first one, which I thought was great too. Other than that, I'm not too sure about the new blue, but I guess its alright. On all of the other ones, I wouldn't change a thing. The Dragons are definitely my favorite so far.

The stripes were meant to mimic piping, something that the Chargers' uniforms don't have. If I did widen them or put them on a stripe, then they would look like San Diego.

CJZ I really like how you did the lightning streaks on both sides of the stripes. Very cool and it hasn't been done before. Very unique and awesome, great job.

I like the lightning update. Colors are, shall we say, unique? That's really only thing I see which could be tightened up a bit.

The Lightning update looks great. They finally pulled away from the "Chargers" look.