My (Personal) Football League Redesign

CJworks

Los Angeles Aztecs Update

Up Next: Miami Pirates, Chicago Dragons, Topeka Indians Updates

aztecREVO1-2.png

I went back to something cleaner for the primary, so I went back to what originally worked and I updated that. I've got a new script, this one a little more stylized to fit the theme. The Secondary is an updated version in the same style.

Uniforms stayed fairly the same, but I added a throwback uni.

Home

aztechome3.png

Away

aztecaway3.png

Alternate

aztecalternate3.png

Throwback

aztecthrowback3.png

I'll try and get the rest of the updates done as soon as possible.

• Replies 881
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most of the updates are really good. I think the new NY logo is fantastic. I also like the more simplified Aztecs logo and the wordmark.

On the Wildcats, the cats face seems somewhat scrunched, or the snout doesnt seems to stick out far enough. It still looks nice technique wise though.

Also I noticed something really nit-picky on the Wildcats wordmarks, but it still could be addressed. The thickness of the blue outline on the wordmark is consistent all around the letters, except where the word SAN DIEGO lies on top. In that area, the SAN DIEGO letters encroach on that blue outline and are close to the WILDCATS letters. I think it would look better if the bottom of the SAN DIEGO letters were as far away from the WILDCAT letters as te blue outline.

Other than that I really like the jerseys and everything.

Superb set of updates; everything is a nice improvement. I especially like the simplified Aztecs stuff, and that NY logo and helmet/uniform combination is glorious. It's a clean, classy uniform that still maintains its own unique look and elements. Great jorb.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

I love your whole series, I've quietly followed it for a while now. I absolutely love Aztecs throwback logo. Your concepts are great, but after looking at your Conference/Divisional alignments on your 1st page, I would highly recommend buying an atlas.

Wow, I really appreciate all of the feedback everyone. Thank you for that.

Concerning the divisions and placements, like I said before: the divisions are pretty much set, the divisions have been situated 6 years ago when I created the league (and at one point everything was set and reasonable), but now after so many expansions and franchise rebranding, the teams kind of strayed away from their alignment. Also, when I do play with these teams in Madden, there are some 'rivalries'. But I am considering some realignment for this league, but some of them I don't want to touch. I do, however, appreciate all of your suggestions for division names.

I'm really liking the ideas you guys have as far as rebranding the Detroit and New Orleans franchises. It's really sparking some creativity. I like the oil industry for New Orleans, but the name Mudbugs really has got some character to it. I like that. I'm leaning towards an automotive name for Detroit, Mustangs is on the right track. Keep 'em coming, guys.

Dgnmrwrw, I see what you're saying about the water part, but I only mean it to be stylized, so I probably could've clarified on that. It wasn't supposed to be a prominent part of the actual logo. As far as the Crows go, I understand some of you guys' comments about the logo on the helmet. I tried to make it simple because the uniforms are simple as well. The curves in the logo were meant to fill some empty space where there isn't much to define on the bird. I'm thinking about omitting the silver outline on the helmet to give it a sleeker and stealthier design, but i don't want to lose the overall shape of the bird. I am still not set on the number font, it just doesn't seem to fit wih the set. I'll look into that.

I can probably work with the wildcat some more, something didn't look right in the mouth area to you guys, I'll look into that as well.

I really do appreciate all of the feedback, keep it coming! I will post the Dragons, Pirates and Indians as soon as I get them finished. Stay tuned!

• 3 weeks later...

Chicago dragons Update

Up Next: Topeka Indians Update

dragonREVO1-2.png

Somewhat of an overhaul, here. I took another crack at the stylized dragon again, simplified some shapes and strengthened others. I also incorperated some more red into the logos, sort of like the Tennessee Titans' color scheme. The primary is still a swirling, stylized dragon. I've also got a new wordmark for them. For the secondary I tried to go in a slightly different direction. It's a C in perspective with a red flame spurting out of the middle, a little tie in to Chicago's fire department.

I simplified the uniforms greatly. I cut down the striping to just the shoulders, and I make the pant stripes go only vertically.

Home

dragonhome3.png

Away

dragonaway3.png

Alternate

dragonalternate3.png

Indians are up next, I'll get on them as soon as possible.

The Dragons update is okay. I think the ascender/descender strokes on the numbers need to be brought back a bit. From a distance, a lot of those numbers may start to resemble 8s.

More importantly, the dragon has ceased to look like a dragon to me. It's seemingly lost all distinguishing elements. All I see is a dog-type creature. I think you need some horns or scales or wings or something to re-establish the logo as a dragon.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

• 2 weeks later...

Archived