My (Personal) Football League Redesign

CJworks

• Replies 881
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like the name and the logo. Using the name "Empire" doesnt sound like a football name at all. Since emperors run an empire, I dont see how "empire" would be any more approporate since they are related to the exact same idea. I like this identity, but the spikes within the wordmark seem unecessary.

Also, to make it completey symmetrical, you could add the 7th spike to the crown on our left side (lady liberyy's right) by sneaking it in behind the arm or at least extend the yellow outline.

Ever heard of the Empire State?

I like the Empire State Building idea. The singular name is not common in sports, really (i.e. Stanford Cardinal, Harvard Crimson, etc.), but I think it lends a more 'majestic' and 'powerful' attitude towards the brand. Could be the fact that prestigious schools do this more often than not, but hell, why not a pro team?

Austin's logos & uni are really good. Your doing nice work!!!

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

I like the name and the logo. Using the name "Empire" doesnt sound like a football name at all. Since emperors run an empire, I dont see how "empire" would be any more approporate since they are related to the exact same idea. I like this identity, but the spikes within the wordmark seem unecessary.

Also, to make it completey symmetrical, you could add the 7th spike to the crown on our left side (lady liberyy's right) by sneaking it in behind the arm or at least extend the yellow outline.

Ever heard of the Empire State?

I like the Empire State Building idea. The singular name is not common in sports, really (i.e. Stanford Cardinal, Harvard Crimson, etc.), but I think it lends a more 'majestic' and 'powerful' attitude towards the brand. Could be the fact that prestigious schools do this more often than not, but hell, why not a pro team?

aaah yea. I said the two names are related to the exact same idea. That implied idea of NY being the Empire State. Anyone who cant figure out that the name Emperors is directly related to NY being the Empire State isnt too bright to begin with, so why should he have to change it to Empire? It's already obvious where the name comes from.

Anyway, singular names are becoming more common with new teams in lesser leagues and even a few in the NBA. But have you ever noticed that no NFL team has a singular name? Of course, he can do what he wants, It's his league, but "Empire" sounds like an arena football team.

Having the Empire State building is a good idea if you feel like going through with it.

Thanks for the feedback guys.

I don't think I'm going to change the name, its something so minor that it doesn't seem to bother me too much (sort of like the Redskins political correct-ness issues, or the NY Jets signicance to 9-11). So I'm going to let it fly, but I'm going to rework some of the logos, and maybe try out this Empire State Building idea. I'll add a seventh spike on lady liberty and play with some colors for a bit.

Well, I went for the landmark-swap with the Statue of Liberty and the Empire State Building. Everything else is pretty much the same, but I cleaned up the burning torch a bit. Everything is updated in the original post.

San Antonio should be up in a few days, just have to finalize some sketches.

I agree. Nice update, great looking concept.

realclearpolitics.com

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire."

- Robert A. Heinlein

Amazing. I don't like the number font, i think you should have gone with varsity block. Any chance you could post the original Statue of Liberty logo because I missed it and I would like to see it.

2ry0jsl.jpg

Fast. Hard. Finish.

I love the logo update. I think something was a little bit off with the statue of liberty, but the empire state building looks great.

On the uniforms, I think the sock stripe on the away should be purple. All of the other stripes on white are purple, so it would fix the inconsistencies.

Great update!

RockiesSig.png

The primary reminds me of the old New York Sentinels(UFL)logo, the prior primary reminded me of one of those NY area hockey teams' logo(Rangers?). Good and inventive color scheme however, like all of your prior stuff. Can't wait to see the rest of the league...

utahpioneerssig_by_verasthebrujah-dbt6623.png.47ea1d18a023dde3cc5da14a646e53fb.png

For those of you who haven't been following (and those of you who have), here's a quick run-down of each team: now on the new template.

Florida Sharks: Logos // Home // Away // Alternate // Throwback

Washington Knights: Logos // Home // Away // Alternate

Cleveland Bandits: Logos // Home // Away

San Diego Wildcats: Logos // Home // Away // Alternate

Dakota Rhinos: Logos // Home // Away

Chicago Dragons: Logos // Home // Away // Alternate

Los Angeles Aztecs: Logos // Home // Away // Alternate

Miami Pirates: Logos // Home // Away // Alternate

Dallas Talons: Logos // Home // Away // Alternate

New York Lightning: Logos // Home // Away

Portland Huskies: Logos // Home // Away

Phoenix Skyhawks: Logos // Home // Away // Alternate

Montana Grizzlies: Logos // Home // Away

Cincinatti Vultures: Logos // Home // Away

Topeka Indians: Logos // Home // Away // Alternate

Charlotte Prowlers: Logos // Home // Away // Alternate

Las Vegas Crows: Logos // Home // Away // Alternate

Denver Avengers: Logos // Home // Away // Alternate

Asheville Mountaineers: Logos // Home // Away // Alternate

Minnesota Bruins: Logos // Home // Away // Alternate // Throwback

Austin Lonestars: Logos // Home // Away // Throwback

New York Emperors: Logos // Home // Away

San Antonio Desperados: Logos // Home // Away // Alternate

Arizona Cobras: Logos // Home // Away // Alternate

Motor City Mustangs: Logos // Home // Away // Alternate

Racine Rage: Logos // Home // Away // Alternate

San Jose Outlaws: Logos // Home // Away // Alternate

New Orleans Claws: Logos // Home // Away // Alternate

Houston Longhorns: Logos // Home // Away // Alternate

Tennessee Hornets: Logos // Home // Away // Alternate

St. Louis Rivermen: Logos // Home // Away // Alternate

San Francisco Bobcats: Logos // Home // Away // Alternate

That's all I've got for now, 9 teams left to do. San Antonio to be up in a few minutes.

Archived