My (Personal) Football League Redesign

CJworks

Jersey: perfect. Logo: mabye try DeFrank's sugggustion of the colors. But I like the logo, just not the colors.

bjays.jpg

859b2e1d-225e-4e60-9651-2aebe5e67109_zps4fd9e69d.jpg

Active Teams

Winnipeg Blue Bombers (1-2, T-1st, East Div.)

Toronto Blue Jays (45-49, 5th in AL East Div. 8.5 GB of wildcard spot)

• Replies 881
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im not really a fan of this one; at least not the primary. The focus seems to much on the man's face and there is very little "river" or the feel of anything water-related in the primary, other than the wordmark. The hat should be bushier. It seems way too tight on the head. it should stick out beyond the head and forehead. I just think there's too much detail in the man's face. The raccoon tail is not very noticeable until you loook at it for a few seconds. Or it's hard to connect the tail to the hat. Also, are rivermen known for wearing raccoon hats? I associate them more with frontiers men and mountain men and western explorers. I may be wrong on this though and I guess in a way, people explored on the river too.

I have nothing against the uniforms or the logo(great LA Avenger overtones), it's the nickname(Rivermen), just reeks minor league to me. Not the proper nickname for a professional football team,imo

utahpioneerssig_by_verasthebrujah-dbt6623.png.47ea1d18a023dde3cc5da14a646e53fb.png

• 2 weeks later...

i LOVE your logos...do you have a place where i can download and use some for teambuilder? or would i need to specify which one? because to be honest, your logos are so amazing i would probably make ALL of them on teambuilder...

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

#31 St. Louis Rivermen

Up next: #32 San Francisco Bobcats

stlouis_rivermen.png

This set seemed to take awhile for me to get started, simply because it's a complete franchise overhaul. My color pallette was immediately set to variations of the red-blue-yellow shades of the flag of St. Louis; I just felt that it fit the area well. The St. Louis Cardinals sport a similar red-navy-yellow combination in their logo package with fairly simple red and navy uniforms, as well. Historically, the team started off as the Deleware Tigers in '05 and later relocated to Detroit in '06. A year later, the team is moved and renamed the St. Louis Tigers, which lasted from 2008-2010, until the recent renaming. The new name for this team was actually suggested by JH42XCC (if I remember correctly), to represent the great Lewis and Clark expedition. Which brings me to the primary: a stylized adventurer with a racoon hat, typical attire for the expedition. This was a mark I was fairly pleased with and wanted to be the primary, but not used on the helmets. I wanted a simple and iconic look for a newly rebranded team, so I took some inspiration from the flag yet again. I used crossing telescopes in front of a fleur-de-lis on a circular shield, as used on the flag itself. THIS mark was used on the helmets.

The uniforms are loosely based on the old Los Angeles Avengers of the AFL, with red heavily used against navy. Other than that, I kept them pretty simple.

rivermen_home.png

rivermen_away.png

One team left to post, and it's currently going through final revisions. What do you guys think?

Couple things I see. First, the R in the biggest Rivermen wordmark is a different shade of navy than all the other navy blue portions. Second, the guy's fur hat needs to be bigger... Right now he looks like he is rocking a mullett in the back with a hightop in front.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Sorry to bump, but this is one awesome series that deserves it.

I'm new to CCSLC ? and I already recognize that what I see out of the people on this board is worlds better than what I see in Arizona's high schools. Someone could seriously make a good business out of redoing Arizona's high schools ? most, if not all of them, need it badly. Want an idea of how badly? Visit the Arizona High School Helmet Project. The lack of inspiration seems apparent.

UFLteamsanddivisions-3.png

MY FIRST LOGOS BELOW:

(I do realize that some logos are mock-ups of other teams, but remember those were my FIRST, I have my own original logos now. :grin: Also, some teams probably have no relations with the city they represent, but thats okay. )

Logos1 // Logos2 // Logos3 // Logos4 // Helmets1 // Helmets2

Hey everybody. I've came across some amazing concepts while coming across this board and joining the past summer. Being an avid fan of this board, I posted my first concept on the computer in June. I've loved making logos since I was about 10, and since then I've always drawn my concepts on paper. I created my first Personal Football League on paper and have decided to stick with the teams I've created, and only altered them a little bit (the logos I've made are obviously not the ones I made when I was 10; I've progressed :P ). Some of the teams have no relation with the team name and city, instead I've just decided to stick with them, and some may be similar to defunct teams (I hadn't known this at the time), and I've thought it be cool if I adopted some of the names. As of now, I have about 25/32 teams put together on paper, already. And then, a couple weeks ago, a friend told me about Inkscape, and it all just took off from there. I recently got the hang of it, this being my first real try at Inkscape. Below is the list of teams I'm doing in this thread. The teams with asterisks are ones that you guys can suggest better names for:

Florida Sharks // Washington Knights // Cleveland Bandits // San Diego Wildcats // Dakota Rhinos // Chicago Dragons // Los Angeles Aztecs // Miami Pirates // Dallas Talons // New York Lightning // Portland Huskies // Phoenix Skyhawks // Montana Grizzles // Cincinnati Vultures // Topeka Indians // Charlotte Prowlers // Las Vegas Crows // Denver Avengers // Asheville Mountaineers // Minnesota Bruins // Austin Lonestars // New York Emperors // San Antonio Desperados // Arizona Cobras // Motor City Mustangs // Milwaukee Rage // San Jose Outlaws // New Orleans Claws // Houston Longhorns // Tennessee Hornets // St. Louis Rivermen // San Francisco Bobcats

#1 Florida Sharks

Next up: #2 Washington Knights

sharkREVO1-1.png

This team was particularly one of my favorites, because ideas came to my mind like that. Since Florida is a coastal state, I decide to go with an ocean-like them, thus creating a shark concept. Now, for the primary, I have a yellowish gold shark leaping in air, I've used this for the shoulder logo and the helmet logo (drawing). As for the secondary, a drew a gold shark fin from the shark, nothing groundbreaking here (drawing). I used this on the pants above the stripe. The script is 'Sharks' in athletic gold with a wavelike pattern within the lettering. Now, to the uniforms:

Home

sharkhome2.png

Away

sharkaway2.png

Alternate

sharkalternate2.png

Throwback unis (in chronological order of oldest to newest)

1, 2, 3, 4

(I also have interchangeable pants)

C&C away :D

**UPDATED 6-18-10**

spacer.png

Why does Dallas get a team over Philly????

Well seeing how Dallas' metro area is larger than Philly's, there ya go. I'd be much more worried about Topeka, Ashville, Montana, Dakota, and Racine.

I just love looking through these CJ. I looked at them a week ago as a refresher and most of them are still impressive. St Louis, New York, San Antonio, Austin, LA, Phoenix and Minnesota are my favorites. Solid work.

Archived