Sign in to follow this  
Sodboy13

BC vs. BU @ Fenway

Don't know if anyone else has been watching it on NHL network, but the men's end of the college doubleheader at Fenway is going on. Lukas had BC's special jerseys earlier this week, but BU's are pretty special too. Their usual arched "Boston" wordmark on the front has been replaced with the Red Sox' font. And on the sleeves, instead of numbers, is the Red Sox "hanging socks" logo, modified to look like a pair of hockey skates.

Looked on Boston.com, and both team's Athletics websites, but couldn't find any pics, someone post one! I'd love to see BU's jerseys...

Also, it looked like the numbers and lettering were red on red.

The puck-drop ceremony featured jerseys with a large "Red Skates" logo on the center. Pretty cool idea. I'm not from boston so could someone explain why Boston University were picked to where these cool logos and not BC... is it just because BU already wears red?

I'd also like to see these jerseys. Does anyone know if UMass Lowell or UNH wore special jerseys for Frozen Fenway as well?

Also, it looked like the numbers and lettering were red on red.

They were, but BU was smart enough to make the white outline on the numbers thick enough to keep everything legible, and kept the player names single-layer white.

95657619.jpg

95660249.jpg

95657525.jpg

95657471.jpg

Yeah, the Hanging socks is actually very well done, the Wordmark is a bit large, but hey, whatever works. I like that they did this, and it was tasteful and not overdone...

The game was amazing!! Fantastic game by both squads.

I'd also like to see these jerseys. Does anyone know if UMass Lowell or UNH wore special jerseys for Frozen Fenway as well?

UMass Lowell didn't play at Fenway, sadly. The other college game was a women's game between New Hampshire vs. Northeastern.