My NFL Redesign

dgnmrwrw

I've been playing around with several NFL uniform concepts recently, and the number of teams I was working on was getting very large, so I decided just to go ahead and put my spin on the entire league and post my ideas here for feedback. For the most part, I haven't touched any logos (I'll make a note of it where I have), but I have played with color schemes and produced uniform sets for each team. There's a lot of variety here, with some teams getting essentially no changes, while other teams have received drastic overhauls.

It's also worth noting that some of these are still very much ideas in a pretty raw form, or just thoughts I had that I wanted to get some feedback for. So, since a lot of this is basic or not especially noteworthy, I'm gonna post these by division. And I won't usually provide much of a description, I'll just look for feedback as it comes. I look forward to refining these until I get an entire league that fits my personal style and that I'm happy with.

NFC East

Dallas Cowboys Home Clash

New York Giants Home Road Road Alt

Philadelphia Eagles Home Road Road Alt

Washington Redskins Home Road Road Alt

AFC East

Buffalo Bills Home Home Alt Road Road Alt

Miami Dolphins Home Home Alt Road Road Alt

New England Patriots Home Road Road Alt

New York Jets Home Road Road Alt

NFC South

Atlanta Falcons Home Home Alt Road Road Alt

Carolina Panthers Home Home Alt Road Road Alt

New Orleans Saints Home Home Alt Road Road Alt

Tampa Bay Buccaneers Home Home Alt Road Road Alt

AFC South

Houston Texans Home Home Alt Road Road Alt

Indianapolis Colts Home Road

Jacksonville Jaguars Home Home Alt Road Road Alt

Tennesee Titans Home Road Road Alt

NFC North

Chicago Bears Home Road

Detroit Lions Home Road Road Alt

Green Bay Packers Home Road

Minnesota Vikings Home Road Road Alt

AFC North

Baltimore Ravens Home Home Alt Road Road Alt

Cincinnati Bengals Home Home Alt Road Road Alt

Cleveland Browns Home Road Road Alt

Pittsburgh Steelers Home Road Road Alt

NFC West

Arizona Cardinals Home Road Road Alt

Saint Louis Rams Home Road Road Alt

San Francisco 49ers Home Road

Seattle Seahawks Home Road Road Alt

AFC West

Denver Broncos Home Home Alt Road Road Alt

Kansas City Chiefs Home Road Road Alt

Oakland Raiders Home Road

San Diego Chargers Home Home Alt Road Road Alt

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i really like how these are simple but nice and sweet. they are not over the top, and carry a nice consistency throughout the uniform from helmet to shirt to pants.

My only addition would be on the Dallas uniform, maybe putting the star on the pants as well. i think it would add nicely since its on the helmet and jersey as well.

i can't wait to see more... keep posting!

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

These look good so far.

The Cowboys are consistent, and use one silver, so that looks good.

Giants also look good, though I'm not a huge fan of the blue pants, but that's only the alt. I think I'd rather see a red alternate come back, but with some blue in it unlike the old ones.

The Eagles look pretty good, although I'm not 100% sure how I feel about the stripes. It looks like a modern striping that just gets cut off after the sleeve. This looks like a set that could actually benefit from some piping, but I don't know.. That's one that you could still play around with a bit.

The Redskins set is almost perfect, but I'd say ditch the maroon pants and make the road alt the main road set.

Can't wait to see the rest!

TDZiMMB.png

So far, so good. I'd like to see you go all the way with this series.

However, I'd make a few minor tweaks:

- Contrasting cuffs on the Giants sleeves (Red for home, Blue for road)

- Red socks on Giants' Road alt.

- White socks with green and black stripes on Eagles' Road alt.

- An update of the classic full body eagle on the Eagles' sleeves.

Nice job here. The Cowboys set was honestly expected. The Giants look pretty solid, I agree about the blue pants. The Eagles are iffy. I 'm not sure how well the sleeve stripe will go. It just looks odd. The 'Skins also look pretty sweet.

I like these, I can't wait see what ya do with Carolina!

Thanks to all for the feedback. Some updates: I dropped the Giants road alternate, as it wasn't really working or fitting into the set as well as I had liked. I also added red sleeve cuffs to the blue jersey and blue sleeve cuffs to the white jersey, both are improvements I think.

Thoughts on the Iggles: I had wanted the sleeve stripes to be higher on the sleeves, toward the shoulders, in an effort to mimic the older Eagles stripes from the 70's. I also wanted them to taper to mimic the tapering "feathers" from the helmet logo. Here's another option, with a more traditional treatment. I think I still prefer what I originally posted, as it has more personality and is less arbitrary, but I'd be welcome to hearing more input on this.

Anyone else have comments before we move on to the next division?

Thanks for the feedback. The Eagles will stay as they were in the original post; that look better suits my intentions for their identity. Here's the AFC East. Some thoughts on the Patriots: I wanted to improve upon some issues I've always had with their current look, namely the dark, desaturated blue; the clunky number typeface; and the side panels with the red stripes that don't quite matchup with the red stripes on the pants. So what I've shown here for the Pats is still very much an experiment to simplify them and try to lighten up the overall design.

AFC East

Buffalo Bills Home Home Alt Road Road Alt

Miami Dolphins Home Home Alt Road Road Alt

New England Patriots Home Road Road Alt

New York Jets Home Road Road Alt

For the Bills I'd go with the red helmet, but that's all. Great design!

Dolphins look nice, a modern classic.

Patriots look really nice, my only suggestion would be to move the flying elvis to the sleeves and maybe use the unofficial NE logo on the back.

Jets just looks gorgeous.

TDZiMMB.png

Redskins are perfect. If they ever change uniforms, this is likely the only set I could accept. All of the modern concepts look horrible for them. I prefer the gold pants though.

Giants and Cowgirls look better than current sets just because they provide some consistency to their color schemes and actually tie every part of their uniforms together, unlike their current mismatched sets.

The Eagles doesn't impress me a lot, but it would if it were Kelly Green.

-----

All of the AFC East designs are solids and upgrades, great work!

87Redskins.png

For the Bills I'd go with the red helmet, but that's all. Great design!

Yeah, the Bills uniform is about ninety times better than the current. I don't know if I like the Red Helmet idea or not, but I suppose it could use a little bit more color.

Jets just looks gorgeous.

I'm not a fan of the 1980s Jets wordmark, but I can't deny how good those unis look.

Nicely done Dolphins Concept. Very clean look. A few notes though, the all white would be the home alt(they wear it to force the other team to wear dark in the heat, a tactic which based on results is quite debatable). Also I'd love to see a navy alternate. They sold them as fashion jerseys for awhile until the orange ones came out, and I think they were 100 times better than the orange.

I really like the Bills, nice and clean. I agree with the red helmet idea. I really like the pant stripes, even though they're really simple. It's a nice but simple modern touch.

The Dolphins are eh. I feel like it's missing something, I think you should move the tv numbers to the shoulders and add the dolphin logo back to the sleeves. I like the stripes, stylisticly speaking. But I think it's too much for such a uniform template.

The Patriots, to me, is a downgrade. I really think their current uniforms are nice and pleasing to the eye, these are just plain and dull. I don't like the sleeve stripe in particular, it's odd looking on the sleeve. This xould be reworked.

The Jets look great, except for the black. I don't like Jets concepts nowadays, I think their currents are very clean and historical, and if you're willing to, I'd replace black with their current green and you have a winner. I really like that helmet logo, and those pants stripes are a very nice touch.

Great job! Keep it up

Archived