My NFL Redesign

dgnmrwrw

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the feedback. Some thoughts:

For the Bills I'd go with the red helmet, but that's all. Great design!

I went back and looked at a red helmet, but it just doesn't look right to me, especially with this design. First, I wanted all the focus here on blue (except for the alternate, obviously). Secondly, the nature of the Bills' logo seems to be perfectly suited for a white helmet. I think it's because the logo is composed of (basically) a big section of blue and a big section of red, which means that on a colored helmet one of those two colors is going to be abutting itself, with only a thin white outline as a buffer.

Nicely done Dolphins Concept. Very clean look. A few notes though, the all white would be the home alt(they wear it to force the other team to wear dark in the heat, a tactic which based on results is quite debatable). Also I'd love to see a navy alternate. They sold them as fashion jerseys for awhile until the orange ones came out, and I think they were 100 times better than the orange.

Everything I'm presenting here is my personal preference for these teams. So for me, the Dolphins would wear teal at home, and teal pants on the road, with the all-whites as the alternates. According to your suggestion, I mocked up a navy alternate. It didn't look right to me. First, navy is a tertiary color here, and I've really tried to minimize it compared to the orange. Secondly, a south Florida team feels more natural in orange to me.

The Jets look great, except for the black. I don't like Jets concepts nowadays, I think their currents are very clean and historical, and if you're willing to, I'd replace black with their current green and you have a winner. I really like that helmet logo, and those pants stripes are a very nice touch.

My primary goal for the Jets was to work black back into the scheme, so that's gotta stay. I like their current look as a retro look, but it's pretty bland for the 2010s, and I think it would be nice to see them move in a modernized direction while still paying tribute to the older look. I've tried to do this with the double stripes over the shoulder.

I like these updates. one foot outside of the box. nothing too crazy. pats look real nice, but one thing i caught: if you have the blue->red transitional stripes on the jersey and pants, why not on the helmet?

I almost did this, and I may go back and try to make it work again. My hope was that the blue facemask and the red stripe on the helmet would sort of mimic the striping elsewhere. But I'll see if I can do the broken stripe.

I definitely like the Bills concept. only thing i would change would be to just raise the stripe all the way up.

I wanted to give them a modern flourish somewhere on the uniform, and the pants stripe seemed like a good place because I could use the cut-off angle to mimic the angle of the buffalo. I could let the stripe extend all the way up, but then this concept would feel completely retro, and I wouldn't be able to place the buffalo logo over the stripe, because it really doesn't look good over top of the stripes. I think that one's probably going to stay as is.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

Dallas, Buffalo, and Washington are perfect upgrades. And, as a Cowboy's fan, I want to see the Cowboys play in those uniforms. They look good! Keep it up!

Which Cowboy are you a fan of? Why don't you like the other 52 Cowboys?

87Redskins.png

Still looking at the Patriots' unis, but no definite changes yet, so I'll go ahead and post the next division, the NFC South. I'll let these sets speak for themselves, except to note that I'm not sold on the Saints' alternate black pants. Something about the stripes doesn't look right to me. Maybe go stripeless (solid black) or a single gold stripe? Or drop the black pants entirely? Not sure yet.

NFC South

Atlanta Falcons Home Home Alt Road Road Alt

Carolina Panthers Home Home Alt Road Road Alt

New Orleans Saints Home Home Alt Road Road Alt

Tampa Bay Buccaneers Home Home Alt Road Road Alt

Falcons: Great job. I like how you've made the unis flow better with the pants, and I love the helmet stripe.

Panthers: Oooo. I think you're close, but it looks off. I'd make the strip go white-blue for the unis, otherwise it looks too crowded. I's also try and rework the panther head on the sleeves. I like the pants stripes, but the helmet stripes are awful.

Saints: Not much to say, only minor changes.

Bucs: I think the Bucs' cream color should stay in the past. They've had horrible history with it. The way you executed it looks okay, but if anything it's an upgrade. The flag on the helmet also looks too long.

Nice job overall

Falcons - love the red uniforms, I think they should permanently switch to red at home. Also the striping on their pants is pretty sweet.

Carolina - not quite feeling these. I don't like the black helmet, and I'm iffy on the black jersey. Once again I like the pants striping.

Saints - great all around. I've always been a fan of the gold pants.

Bucs - Just scrap the orange, please. Also I am not a fan of the sleeves and jersey being a separate color.

EDIT: no gold jersey for the Saints? Also as a Saints fan I wonder if they could go with a white or black helmet (with a gold fleur-de-lis)

This is as awesome a working set of concepts as I've seen. You keep the working schemes while paying attention to the team's uniform history. Keep this line of thinking and I agree with a previous suggestion of submitting them.

My favorites: Buffalo, Tampa Bay, NY Jets and Washington.

One criticism: Carolina's helmet - the black doesn't work for me.

And like another Saint fan said: I'd love to see a gold Saints' alternative jersey with white pants. I've seen other concepts with a black helmet and that may work, but definitely not a white helmet.

7824_large.jpg

Falcons - love the red uniforms, I think they should permanently switch to red at home. Also the striping on their pants is pretty sweet.

Carolina - not quite feeling these. I don't like the black helmet, and I'm iffy on the black jersey. Once again I like the pants striping.

Saints - great all around. I've always been a fan of the gold pants.

Bucs - Just scrap the orange, please. Also I am not a fan of the sleeves and jersey being a separate color.

EDIT: no gold jersey for the Saints? Also as a Saints fan I wonder if they could go with a white or black helmet (with a gold fleur-de-lis)

They did that five years back. :rolleyes:

As a huge, longtime Bucs fan, I'm happy to see the orange featured in a concept. At the very least, it's a huge part of their heritage and losing it completely seems like a travesty to me. At best, it's a completely unique color scheme. ZERO other teams in the league use a primarily orange scheme more than two times a year. Given the popularity of the creamsicle comeback this year within the Bucs community, it makes sense for it to make an appearance.

On the other hand, there's good reason that the Bucs alt jerseys have never been orange, despite its history and popularity within the fan base. The orange just doesn't look right with the pewter, and the pewter is at least as unique and at least as awesome as the orange. Since the league doesn't allow alt helmets except as part of a throwback uniform, an orange jersey, even as an alt, means the loss of the pewter. Though I absolutely love the orange, I don't want to see the pewter go.

As a total aside, I love that template. Where can I get it? I've looked, but I can't find it.

Carolina with the blue jerseys look GREAT, not so much with black though, too plain.

I LOVE the Bucs, my favorite is the Road uni. That's a color scheme that needs to come back.

Falcons work. Improvement over the current mess.

Saints, plain but effective. Bringing back stripes on pants is a good move to avoid the spandex/leotard look.

87Redskins.png

Thanks to all for the feedback. I've taken everything under consideration, and I've got some updates. But first, some thoughts:

Atlanta went over well, and they'll stay as is. I did try a red helmet, and it looked pretty good with the red jersey and white pants. Unfortunately, it didn't work so well with any of the other combos (especially black pants), so I'm staying with the black helmet.

I'm a little surprise that most people didn't seem to like the Panthers. My goal was to give them a more unique identity, so that they don't look like a Raiders/Lions combo knock-off. I also thought that certainly a team named after a solid black cat could use a lot more emphasis on black and much less on silver. But based on some of the feedback, I've done a new set for Carolina, with the silver back and a few other minor changes. I still like the black set much more, because this new set feels like the current Panthers, just with slightly different stripes. Not particularly interesting. But, I'd like more input before moving on, so here they are:

Carolina Panthers (new)

Home Home Alt Road

I can't believe I didn't think of a gold jersey/white pants for the Saints, especially since I love it when GaTech wears it. So I've made one of those, and I like it quite a bit. I've also done a potential new road alternate, with white pants, because I'm still not sold on the black pants with the stripes. I'd love some more feedback on that especially.

New Orleans Saints (new)

Home Alt Road Alt

Finally, I'm sad that there wasn't a more positive response to the Buc's creamsicle/red/black combo. It's such a unique combo, and I really love the way it looks. I've just never been a huge fan of the pewter and red, because it always seems so dark and dull. But I have done a new set, adding back the pewter while still trying to play up the orange. Unfortunately, as someone else mentioned, orange and pewter just don't work, so I've had to go back to red for the jerseys. I've shown two potential new options for the Bucs below.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers (new)

Home (option 1) Home (option 2) Road (option 1) Road (option 2)

Thanks to all for the feedback. I've taken everything under consideration, and I've got some updates. But first, some thoughts:

Atlanta went over well, and they'll stay as is. I did try a red helmet, and it looked pretty good with the red jersey and white pants. Unfortunately, it didn't work so well with any of the other combos (especially black pants), so I'm staying with the black helmet.

I'm a little surprise that most people didn't seem to like the Panthers. My goal was to give them a more unique identity, so that they don't look like a Raiders/Lions combo knock-off. I also thought that certainly a team named after a solid black cat could use a lot more emphasis on black and much less on silver. But based on some of the feedback, I've done a new set for Carolina, with the silver back and a few other minor changes. I still like the black set much more, because this new set feels like the current Panthers, just with slightly different stripes. Not particularly interesting. But, I'd like more input before moving on, so here they are:

Carolina Panthers (new)

Home Home Alt Road

I can't believe I didn't think of a gold jersey/white pants for the Saints, especially since I love it when GaTech wears it. So I've made one of those, and I like it quite a bit. I've also done a potential new road alternate, with white pants, because I'm still not sold on the black pants with the stripes. I'd love some more feedback on that especially.

New Orleans Saints (new)

Home Alt Road Alt

Finally, I'm sad that there wasn't a more positive response to the Buc's creamsicle/red/black combo. It's such a unique combo, and I really love the way it looks. I've just never been a huge fan of the pewter and red, because it always seems so dark and dull. But I have done a new set, adding back the pewter while still trying to play up the orange. Unfortunately, as someone else mentioned, orange and pewter just don't work, so I've had to go back to red for the jerseys. I've shown two potential new options for the Bucs below.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers (new)

Home (option 1) Home (option 2) Road (option 1) Road (option 2)

I'm sure the next division you do will be received more positively.

I did try a red helmet, and it looked pretty good with the red jersey and white pants. Unfortunately, it didn't work so well with any of the other combos (especially black pants), so I'm staying with the black helmet.

Good point. Didnt really think of that.

iq5b7nF.png

Archived