My NFL Redesign

dgnmrwrw

Up next, the NFC North. Pretty basic stuff here, mostly just simplification and standardization. A few notes: I'm not sure about the Lions' road alternate pants. It's just such a gorgeous color that I wanted to throw it out there and gauge the reaction. On the Vikings' striping: I wanted to go back to their previous road uniform for inspiration, but to give them a taper that mimics the taper on the horns. Not sure how well it's working.

NFC North

Chicago Bears Home Road

Detroit Lions Home Road Road Alt

Green Bay Packers Home Road

Minnesota Vikings Home Road Road Alt

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Personally I think the Vikings is a huge upgrade. I always thought all the Vikes needed to do with the Uniform was to bring in a home version of the old road uni.

On the Lions, as an alternate, I think the blue pants work fine, not something I would like to see all that often though.

Overall pretty good.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

The vikes look great. I always loved their "colts" stripes on the road in both of the previous two eras and wished they'd have put them on the homes.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

This division has rarely changed their look, except for the recent revisions in Minnesota and Detroit so really nothing shocking here.

My only thought is: Chicago uses navy pants for the road and you left it out, yet you brought out Minnesota and Detroit in darker road pants for their alternate sets. If anything I would include the navy pants for Chicago and not worry about the other two. Honestly I'd rather a team's pants being nothing but white, gold or silver, but this has been their uniform for years.

7824_large.jpg

Looks pretty solid, no major changes here. I like what you did to the Lions, especially the blue pants. The Bears look fine, ya gave it simpler striping so that's alright. The Vikings I'm not sure about. Too much to take in here. I don't really like the new primary, the stripes on the sleeves look a bit awkward. Maybe if ya simplified it it would look nicer.

Great job as always

Haha kahli bell is your model for the bears. Haha that's awesome!

Haha, yeah. Pretty funny. Any explanation for that?

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

Haha kahli bell is your model for the bears. Haha that's awesome!

Haha, yeah. Pretty funny. Any explanation for that?

Ya he is like the least recognizable player on the team

If you've been following this series, then you've probably noticed by now that the players I've used for the names and numbers are pretty random. Sometimes, a player comes to mind and I'll slap his name and number on there and that's that. Other times, I'll just scan the roster and pick someone out. But actually, there is a connection between some of the players used (others are completely random). Bonus points to anyone who gets it.

The AFC North is next. A few thoughts: Sorry for the hue of the orange on the Bengals' set. It turned that way when converted to PNG. On the Browns' helmet: I don't have a problem with a blank helmet. But I did want to see what it would be like with a very simple, old-school logo. I tried numbers too, but liked the look of this better. Finally, the Steelers. Other people have done this sort of thing before, and I know many people won't like this. Just wanted to see if it was possible to add a more "steely" feel to the set and standardize the striping.

AFC North

Baltimore Ravens Home Home Alt Road Road Alt

Cincinnati Bengals Home Home Alt Road Road Alt

Cleveland Browns Home Road Road Alt

Pittsburgh Steelers Home Road Road Alt

Ravens: They look a little too modernized to me. Personally, I think their current set is one of the best in the league. The way they have their unis right now are solid and well thought out. The way you have done them makes them seem like their a team in shambles struglling for an identity. Take it for what it is, but that's the vibe I'm getting.

Bengals: Eh. Could be better, but their essentially the same as their current.

Browns: Nice job. I really like the C on the helmet, I think that works as well as if not better than the ones they wear now. The uniforms are nice as well, consistant stripe patterns ease the eyes.

Steelers: At first I wasn't feelin it. But now that I look at it, this is far better than it appeared to be. The stripes look sick, I love how you used silver so gently and used it only as an accent color.

I think some of these uniforms could really benefit from wordmarks below the collars.

Also, the Steelers should have a home alternate that resembles the throwback alt. I'd like to see what you do with that.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

Ravens: I would've used the old full wingspan Raven on the helmets, and maybe some purple and white stripes for the black road pants.

Bengals: Tiger stripes on the pants should be vertical and full body bengal on the sleeves.

Browns: I'd try a brown horizontal C interlocked with a white vertical B for the helmets.

Steelers: I'd have the current designs with revived block numbers and sleeve stripes simplified.

Thanks to everyone for the responses. Glad that the Browns and Steelers tweaks seemed to go over relatively okay. C Jay Z, we clearly differ on the Ravens' current duds. I think they have a gorgeous color scheme that the ruin by having relatively lifeless uniforms with that horrible number font. I was trying to give them a bit more life and increase the gold and black interaction with the purple. I know the striping's a bit over the top, but I just wanted to make them more interesting. I'll also see what I can do about the numbers on the black alternate jersey. I agree they could work better.

Thoughts on the NFC West: I wanted to keep San Fran simple. Very simple. I also wanted to push the colors for the Seahawks in a slightly different direction. I tried several combos, but I liked this one best. Finally, the gold in the St. Louis concept should be a bit more yellow, somewhere between their current gold and their old yellow. The conversion to .png took away some of the yellowness.

NFC West

Arizona Cardinals Home Road Road Alt

Saint Louis Rams Home Road Road Alt

San Francisco 49ers Home Road

Seattle Seahawks Home Road Road Alt

Archived