My NFL Redesign

dgnmrwrw

I like the Cardinals a lot. Not entirely convinced on the red helmet, with the red logo, but the uni set is a huge upgrade. The Rams was fine, the 49ers... well I miss the sleeve stripes. It looks wrong without them. I didn't take to the Seahawks colors I am afraid! Tooo erm turquoise!

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quite like the last set, Arizona is my favorite. Perfect for what I think they should wear. St. Louis is perfect as well. San Fran is a big miss I think, I just don't like that color set for them and it's too plain, reminds me of the Redskins kind of. Seahawks is just alright IMO, it seems a little washed out with two very similar colors as the only ones.

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

My comments are beginning to sound like a broken record but here it goes:

Arizona - like the change to the red helmet and the striping.

St. Louis - as in other uniforms the "throwback" to the horned sleeves is tastefully done.

San Francisco - you couldn't really do anything different with them. The model doesn't really leave any room for taking a chance, so I understand why you took a step back in a way.

Seattle - my personal favorite. The lighter shade of blue works for me.

Another good job, 7 down - one to go. Can't wait.

7824_large.jpg

I'm sorry to say, but this one was a dissappointment to me.

Arizona: The idea is well thought out, crisp and clean, but I'm just not feeling it. I just can't see them wearing this.

St.Louis: Again, great idea. I think you executed everything very well, but the one thing that set me off was the pants. I mean, ya gotta have a stripe because the unis are simple as it is.

San Fran: Ooo, I agree with chestnutz. Too KC Chiefs to me, Not enough definity to tell me that it's the 49ers.

Seattle: I can see that you were going for a Mariners rub-off here, but to me it just makes the unis look duller by dropping the neon. I mean you have two (darker green/teal/blue/aqua/whatever you prefer) colors that don't contrast well, and then you threw silver in there. I'd like to see a concept replaced with neon, becaus eI think that's highly unique and immediately 'Seahawk' to me.

I'd retry this one. Maybe it's just me, but I'm not really feeling these.

Thanks for the responses. I can certainly see why some people thought the Niners were too simple. But to me, those colors instantly scream "49ers," and they don't need any superfluous additions (like the wacky faux-stripes they have now), and they don't need black. Maybe it's from growing up seeing them in all those Super Bowls, but to me their colors are instantly recognizable, so I wanted to build a clean, super-simple concept around them.

Seattle: I can see that you were going for a Mariners rub-off here, but to me it just makes the unis look duller by dropping the neon. I mean you have two (darker green/teal/blue/aqua/whatever you prefer) colors that don't contrast well, and then you threw silver in there. I'd like to see a concept replaced with neon, becaus eI think that's highly unique and immediately 'Seahawk' to me.

This is ironic, because as I said in the post, I tried several different iterations of color schemes for the Seahawks, one of which actually was a take on Mariners colors. Basically, I wanted to bring back some silver, while pushing their two-toned blue thing into more of a dark blue/lighter green-blue look. My reasoning was two-fold: first, to add more contrast between the blues, and second, to reference their old blue/green days. Anyway, I'll keep looking at the Seahawks' colors, but here is the "Mariners" scheme, which I almost went with:

Uni-Home2.png

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

Thanks for the responses. I can certainly see why some people thought the Niners were too simple. But to me, those colors instantly scream "49ers," and they don't need any superfluous additions (like the wacky faux-stripes they have now), and they don't need black. Maybe it's from growing up seeing them in all those Super Bowls, but to me their colors are instantly recognizable, so I wanted to build a clean, super-simple concept around them.

This is ironic, because as I said in the post, I tried several different iterations of color schemes for the Seahawks, one of which actually was a take on Mariners colors. Basically, I wanted to bring back some silver, while pushing their two-toned blue thing into more of a dark blue/lighter green-blue look. My reasoning was two-fold: first, to add more contrast between the blues, and second, to reference their old blue/green days. Anyway, I'll keep looking at the Seahawks' colors, but here is the "Mariners" scheme, which I almost went with:

Uni-Home2.png

That actually looks really nice. Green and dark blue work very well together, and the white pants and socks keep the colors from being overbearing.

I actually like this better than the Seahawks' colors they use right now.

Like the Arizona uniforms, except the switch to the red helmet. Prefer to keep it the way it is.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

And I could almost agree with you if you'd used the colours they played in during all those superbowls, but it appears you haven't to my eye those are the same colours we wore 96 -08 during which time we won next to nothing. With the darker red, the moment you add a gold trim to the numbers you are straying so close to the current Washington kit that to claim it screams 49ers is an overstatement.

The wacky faux stripes as you put it are a way of trying to retain genuine horizontal stripes in a day and age where sleeves no longer end horizontally if they exist at all. Sure it's not to everyones taste but at least it's tried to retain what has been really the only form of decoration on 49ers jerseys since the team was created.

I'm not keen on the white oval round the logo, it really adds nothing, it's to light on the gold to be a serious differentiator, or barrier colour which is what the black was used for, so if you are serious about getting rid of the black (and I'll be honest I think getting rid of all the black in logos has become the new comic sans, everyones doing it and it's getting dull and often doesn't work) then get rid of the black areas completely dont just replace it with a different colour. The red would stand out far better on the helmet without the outline than it does with a white one. Again with the centre stripes on the helmet and the pant stripes the white next to gold doesn't work and it feels like a change for the sake of change, the classic helmet striping would work perfectly well there, and also act as the classic throwback you were aiming for. As it stands you've taken an incredibly simply uni and simplified it further and as a result left it looking generic, it's to close to Washington and Kansas to succeed for itself.

I like what you've done with a lot of the other NFC teams, I hate to say it but I really like the Rams one I think it's an impressive concept and despite what others have said and going against my gut instinct that it's more a Dolphins colour I really like the original Seahawks one as well, although I'd like to have seen the hawk head added to the middle of the sleeve stripe, so the stripes come from the back of the birds head loop right round the sleeve and meet up with the front of the beak again, just to break the standard hoops and make them a little more specific to Seattle. Arizona's isn't too much of a radical departure from what they have now, personally I quite like the red helmet but I think traditionalists may disagree.

All in all some good work there but I feel the 9ers one is just to simple for it's own good.

9erssteve

9ersstevesig.png

Man, there isn't one color set I don't like.

With the Rams, the only thing I'd do is to put some stripe down the side (preferrably blue/white/blue), and yea, the gold needs to be more yellow, but you noticed that.

I like the idea of the Bengals going orange for their main home jersey color, as well.

The Seahawks set looks great, too. Why not have a similar color set to the Mariners? (I'm actually talking about the original set, but to me it looks close enough to the M's current colors that I identify it with the Great Northwest.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

Nice work. I really liked The Rams and 49ers. I thought the 49ers colors were a bit Florida State-ish but the design was good. The Rams should switch to your look. I liked The Cardinals design but I'd prefer a white helmet. I've only looked at The NFC West so far but I like what I saw. Good work.

BB52Big.jpg

I can't see the uniforms for the NFC West. All it says is "Bandwidth Exceeded".

Apparently all the viewing lately has put me over photobucket's limit. (Upgrade to pro? Yeah, sure...) I'll see what I can do to get the images back up, but as I've been very busy, it might take a while.

And I could almost agree with you if you'd used the colours they played in during all those superbowls, but it appears you haven't to my eye those are the same colours we wore 96 -08 during which time we won next to nothing. With the darker red, the moment you add a gold trim to the numbers you are straying so close to the current Washington kit that to claim it screams 49ers is an overstatement.

The wacky faux stripes as you put it are a way of trying to retain genuine horizontal stripes in a day and age where sleeves no longer end horizontally if they exist at all. Sure it's not to everyones taste but at least it's tried to retain what has been really the only form of decoration on 49ers jerseys since the team was created.

I'm not keen on the white oval round the logo, it really adds nothing, it's to light on the gold to be a serious differentiator, or barrier colour which is what the black was used for, so if you are serious about getting rid of the black (and I'll be honest I think getting rid of all the black in logos has become the new comic sans, everyones doing it and it's getting dull and often doesn't work) then get rid of the black areas completely dont just replace it with a different colour. The red would stand out far better on the helmet without the outline than it does with a white one. Again with the centre stripes on the helmet and the pant stripes the white next to gold doesn't work and it feels like a change for the sake of change, the classic helmet striping would work perfectly well there, and also act as the classic throwback you were aiming for. As it stands you've taken an incredibly simply uni and simplified it further and as a result left it looking generic, it's to close to Washington and Kansas to succeed for itself.

All in all some good work there but I feel the 9ers one is just to simple for it's own good.

9erssteve

Now that I've gotten all the images back up and posted the final division, I feel like I can finally respond to this. First, I really fail to see how my Niners concept looks too similar to either Washington or Kansas City. Just because these three teams each use shades of "red" and "yellow" doesn't mean they look anything alike, especially given the changes I've made to all three teams. Honestly, how similar is this to either this or this?

Secondly, I understand what you mean about black being less, shall we say, "popular" these days . While it looks fine with their other colors, I just don't think the 49ers need it. You'll notice that I actually added touches of black to the Chiefs' uniforms. I think it works better there. I guess this is just a difference of opinion.

I know it's a very simple look. But as I said in the beginning, this is what I wanted. I tried to use the fewest elements I needed to convey "San Francisco 49ers," which to me is gold helmet, scarlet jersey, and gold pants.

Denver's jerseys are awesome. I like their current ones but these ones are so much better. To be honest, I think your Chargers uniforms are a downgrade from what they currently have. I think yours would looks better with white helmets like they are currently using. To me, the bolt on the pants just looks odd, and I don't like the subtraction of yellow from the numbers. All in all, your uniforms have been pretty good though.

SouthParkBaseballOriolespngsmall.png

I can't see the uniforms for the NFC West. All it says is "Bandwidth Exceeded".

Apparently all the viewing lately has put me over photobucket's limit. (Upgrade to pro? Yeah, sure...) I'll see what I can do to get the images back up, but as I've been very busy, it might take a while.

You can get it free. BTW, I'm liking these, but I do agree that the Seahawks need a little neon and those Chargers numbers need yellow.

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

Archived