Thrift Store Gems '10

Don

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sany0719.jpgsany0720.jpg

sany0721.jpg

Went to the mall yesterday picked up this Joba Chamberlain road jersey for 30 bucks at Olympia Sports.

Not to piss on your parade but that jerseys fake. Just by looking at the number it's wrong.

It's supposed to have a white outline around it, and the letters are the wrong fabric.

Not to mention I don't think Joba ever wore that jersey style (company tags).

Plus, wheres the MLB logo?

5cd0422806939bbe71c4668bc7e4fd92.gif

Many Majestic replicas have just the single layer numbers.

And it bothers me to no end. Is it really THAT hard to replicate real MLB digits and screen-print them instead of the bogus numbers they slap on instead?

6uXNWAo.png

And it bothers me to no end. Is it really THAT hard to replicate real MLB digits and screen-print them instead of the bogus numbers they slap on instead?

That's what they do now for the replicas. It certainly looks a lot better.

330zl3b.png

That's what they do now for the replicas. It certainly looks a lot better.

Why even pay for something that can be done with a trip to Hobby Lobby and an iron, for a fraction of the price? I'd rahter just own a blank one.

However, I will give Majestic some credit for NOT running 'SABATHIA' accross the back of a Yankees jersey.

6uXNWAo.png

Yeah, and it looks like "Majestic Block" numbers on the back. The first Yankees replica that I've seen without a name on the back.

I've seen them without names before, but they were always hard to find. Only store I ever saw them in was BC sports, which closed all its shops about 2 years ago. I believe they were all special order, or older, pre-batter-man, authentic. I have a Jeter replica with no NOB, I can post a picture if you want.

Anubis.png

The '6' on that Yankees jersey doesn't appear to be the same font as the '2'. Note the right angles on the inside corners of the '2', and how those came corners are at 45-degree angles on the '6'.

Went to a Plato's Closet in Columbus yesterday to get a pair of jeans. Didn't find any jeans, but I picked up a black corey dillon Bengals jersey for $6. This is a great find because Plato's Closet rarely carries sports jerseys

jersey seen here

1204F832739E4ACAA609023963E6B014.jpg

PvO6ZWJ.png

To quote Carl Lewis...UH-OH!

SDC11638.jpg

$3.99 at AJ Wright in Flint.

So instead of sending this to Eritrea or Ethiopia, they are now going to Flint, MI? Wow! I knew this recession was hitting Michigan particularly hard, but I had no idea that it was THAT bad.

Archived