Thrift Store Gems '10

Don

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anyone have a AJ Wright/TJ Maxx/Marshall's in their area that sells Reebok Edge NHL jerseys cheap? I don't own any Edge jerseys and none of those stores in my area sell Edge jerseys.

PM

I can get Authentic Mets Jerseys and Preimer (Screen Printed Letters on Twill, glued onto jersey).

LMK if anyone wants one.

I wouldn't mind an Expos Jersey if it's an authentic one. Thanks! I like Piazza and Marlins stuff as well.

Chris

5cd0422806939bbe71c4668bc7e4fd92.gif

Spotted three red 7 1/2 fitted White Sox Stars & Stripes caps at a Marshall's in Skokie. Wonder how much of the $7.99 price goes to charity.

Also for $7.99: Last year's Cubs BP cap. About 5 of them in the small-medium size. One actually fit my 7 1/2 head, but I passed. (I just can't pull off the ear flaps.) Honestly, I don't know why I've ever paid full price for stuff.

Spotted three red 7 1/2 fitted White Sox Stars & Stripes caps at a Marshall's in Skokie. Wonder how much of the $7.99 price goes to charity.

Also for $7.99: Last year's Cubs BP cap. About 5 of them in the small-medium size. One actually fit my 7 1/2 head, but I passed. (I just can't pull off the ear flaps.) Honestly, I don't know why I've ever paid full price for stuff.

At the TJ Maxx at Diversey and Clark/Broadway they have both Cubs and Sox Stars and Stripes hats. They also have a bunch of 7 1/2 USA World Baseball Classic hats.

330zl3b.png

Anyone in the Chicagoland area find a Hawks jersey for cheap?

I've been looking for a while with no luck. You might want to check the Reebok outlet store in Elgin. I've never been there, but I imagine it would be your best bet.

330zl3b.png

I've been looking for a while with no luck. You might want to check the Reebok outlet store in Elgin. I've never been there, but I imagine it would be your best bet.

Actually, I'd love to hear about peoples experiences with Reebok outlets. I got a Koho replica from one during the lockout, and have seen jack squat at ANY of them since, except for the odd hat here and there. Tons of NFL stuff (but not the $75-type jerseys, even for traded players), hardly any hockey.

1zgyd8w.jpg

2001-2003 Boston Red Sox authentic Pedro Martinez Russell size 48 road jersey for under $30. Not exactly free, but the nicest jersey I've ever found in a second hand store.

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

I forgot to post this a couple of weeks ago. I saw these Oakland Raiders "authentics" with tags at my local Goodwill

raiders.jpg

First thing that came to mind was why would anyone buy a fake jersey of Darrius Heyward Bey and Jamarcus Russell

sig.jpg

Got a sweet Mitchell & Ness California Golden Seals cap at the Lids outlet in Marysville WA for $7.

That's freaking awesome!

I have an old wool sweater Seals jersey, I loved that logo/uni combo, before the bright teal.

2ly2w09.jpg

Archived