Thrift Store Gems '10

Don

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got another Expo jersey (gonna ebay it) but the real gem was a home mets for 10 bucks.

I gave a '86 era Mets replica jersey to Purple Heart because it didn't fit anymore. It was a pullover. I am fat like Kevin Mitchell was.

I live in Michigan. Maybe it was mine.

Everyone loves a roundel.

Found two Rockets Tracy McGrady jerseys at AJ Wright the other day, both red. Interestingly enough, one was #1 and the other was #3. Odd to find them next to each other. I also spotted a black Bruins Phil Kessel jersey.

If that Kessel jersey is a XL home would you be willing to ship to Michigan via paypal?

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

Found two Rockets Tracy McGrady jerseys at AJ Wright the other day, both red. Interestingly enough, one was #1 and the other was #3. Odd to find them next to each other. I also spotted a black Bruins Phil Kessel jersey.

If that Kessel jersey is a XL home would you be willing to ship to Michigan Nebraska via paypal?

Got a Pirates blank authentic road jersey (the old vests) for $20 at Marshall's. Judging by their stock, they bought a bunch of outdated Pirates stuff, they also had a new style swingman replica Nate McLouth jersey for $20 but I passed on that.

1zgyd8w.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Went to my local Marshalls today in NJ and saw a few blank Mets jerseys, as well as a few Kellen Clemens authentic Jets jerseys. I ended picking up a Clemens jersey for $25.

Clemens is still on the team, but the backup QB. My dad talked to him a few times after the open practices and he is a really nice, down to earth sort of guy.

dscf0538.jpg

dscf0536.jpg

dscf0535.jpg

70389454.png

Former Duck, he is a really nice guy. I remember going up to him for an autograph when he was still here, really great guy, introduced himself to me (in my mind I was like well no :censored: you're the starting QB, how could I not know you) but it was cool to have a mini-convo with him.

Went to my local Marshalls today in NJ and saw a few blank Mets jerseys, as well as a few Kellen Clemens authentic Jets jerseys. I ended picking up a Clemens jersey for $25.

Clemens is still on the team, but the backup QB. My dad talked to him a few times after the open practices and he is a really nice, down to earth sort of guy.

dscf0538.jpg

dscf0536.jpg

dscf0535.jpg

Nice jersey, but Im assuming that its a Premier due to it being a large and not numerical..

Got a Pirates blank authentic road jersey (the old vests) for $20 at Marshall's. Judging by their stock, they bought a bunch of outdated Pirates stuff, they also had a new style swingman replica Nate McLouth jersey for $20 but I passed on that.

I'd love to see the pics of what you got, you in Pittsburgh?

2ly2w09.jpg

dscf0538.jpg

dscf0536.jpg

dscf0535.jpg

Nice jersey, but Im assuming that its a Premier due to it being a large and not numerical..

That is what I am confused about. Everything is stitched on and not screen printed like the cheap replicas. The tag above the NFL logo says authentic.

I am not too familiar with the various types of football jerseys though. Does it go, in order of quality...Replica, Premier, and then Authentic?

70389454.png

Authentic: Authentic Reebok NFL jerseys are the highest quality, and therefore you can expect to pay the highest price. Perhaps the easiest way to differentiate Authentic Reebok NFL jerseys from others of a lower quality is the appearance of the numbers. The numbers on Authentic Reebok NFL jerseys are multilayered cloth pieces, stitched onto the jersey; this is called ?tackle twill?.

Premier Replica: Premier Replica Reebok NFL jerseys are also known as replithentic by some people. These jerseys are going to still have an excellent quality and are more of a bargain buy than those looking to have every single detail exact. Again, go back to those numbers to tell the difference between the quality of NFL jersey that you're looking at. With Reebok Premier Replica NFL jerseys, the numbers are still going to stitched on, but they won't be multilayered as were the numbers on the Authentic Reebok NFL jerseys.

Replica: Replica Reebok NFL jerseys, or Screen Print Replica Reebok NFL jerseys are the cheapest genuine variety that you can purchase. These don't feature stitched on numbers, rather the numbers are screen printed onto the jersey material, hence the name. These serve the general purpose of owning an NFL team jersey, but won't be mistaken as being authentic or top level by anybody.

123xa2.png

That Hawks jersey looks a tad sketchy to me.

Yeah, the GINOURMOUS logo.

51-80095-F.jpg

2rhu1si.jpg

It's not an EDGE jersey, it's a Nike. The crest is so big because the jersey is pretty big, and definitely bigger than it appears in my picture.

It looks fake.

I picked up a nice USA World Baseball Classic 5950 at AJ Wright for $7

new-era-2009-world-baseball-classic-hat-usa.jpg

I REALLY wish I could find a 7 7/8 of one of those suckers, especially for the USMNT/England game on Saturday.

I picked one of those up at TJ Maxx for the same price a few weeks ago. They had a bunch of those there.

Along with several authentic Beckham LA Galaxy jerseys (long and short sleeve) for $35. I was so tempted to get them, but I passed. I would never wear them.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

That Hawks jersey looks a tad sketchy to me.

Yeah, the GINOURMOUS logo.

51-80095-F.jpg

2rhu1si.jpg

It's not an EDGE jersey, it's a Nike. The crest is so big because the jersey is pretty big, and definitely bigger than it appears in my picture.

It looks fake.

It's not fake. The Blackhawks' current crest had a tan outline to it from 1965-1999. And nhluniforms.com notes that the front crest was, in fact, larger from 1996-99, which was the period when Nike was producing the Hawks' on-ice jerseys.

So, very not fake. Spot-on legit.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Archived