Lane Kiffin Bolts for USC

CDixonDesign

Short stint for a coach. Does it surprise at all any more?

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

"We have heard from multiple sources, including defensive tackle Marlon Walls that Ed Orgeron was on the phone tonight with some of the early enrollees telling them not to go to class tomorrow and attempting to begin the process of recruiting them to USC."

I'm sure this is permissible under NCAA rules (Orgeron may not know how to coach, but he more than likely has his NCAA rulebook down pat), but this still strikes me as rather exquisite asshattery at its worst.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I bet Tennessee's regretting their decision to let go of Fulmer now, eh?

Tennessee is a school that, despite playing in the SEC, has to heavily recruit players outside the state.

Sure are, Fulmer was a class act who was successful

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

I bet Tennessee's regretting their decision to let go of Fulmer now, eh?

Tennessee is a school that, despite playing in the SEC, has to heavily recruit players outside the state.

Sure are, Fulmer was a class act who was successful

In comparison to Kiffin, yes Fulmer's a class act.

Fulmer knows what it takes to be successful at Tennessee. He played there, and he coached there for nearly 20 years. The UT boosters believe that their program is more than what it actually can be.

Strikes me as a very interesting move for Kiffin. It could either resurrect him as a high quality coach, or be the end of him.

You have to have been a high quality coach at some point prior in order to be resurrected as one.

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Strikes me as a very interesting move for Kiffin. It could either resurrect him as a high quality coach, or be the end of him.

You have to have been a high quality coach at some point prior in order to be resurrected as one.

QFT

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

QFT

True enough, maybe I should have said 'ressurected as a coach'! But I do feel its either the making or breaking of Lane Kiffin.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

What a sideshow this guy has become. I've never been a USC fan, but I respected Pete Carroll for the consistant high level of play his team brought to the field. Now that Kiffin is there, I have even more reason to cheer for their failure.

Are students really going to line up (aka transfer from TN to USC) to play for this guy?

Well, considering that there's already been a couple of players that are probably going to follow Kiffin to USC, yes. I can't say that he would do the same at USC, unless he returns that program to what it was in the 90s: Mostly irrelevant. IMO, that's the only way he leaves.

Despite the fact that there was a pretty big overreaction in Knoxville, I definitely understand why they'd be angry. I felt the same when Bobby Petrino snuck out in the middle of the season on the Falcons for Arkansas, so I sympathize with UT fans. Letting this man cause a "riot" was TOO FAR though.

Pat Forde of ESPN summed it up pretty good when it comes to Kiffin:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/columns/story?columnist=forde_pat&id=4820927

I didn't like the guy when I read the Sports Illustrated article about him when he was hired at Tennessee. Now he's definitely one of my least liked coaches in the game. I use to respect USC and kinda rooted for them, but I will be hoping for them to fail as long as Kiffin is there.

This from an article on the sidebar of that video, an editorial from a student:

The worst part of all this is Kiffin's broken promises. We felt like Kiffin would fight for us, and as loyal students we took his side. We believed in him. We hailed him. Even after the recent player arrests and the negative light that has been on campus, all students could think about were the recruits and the upcoming season. Now, not only does a winning season seem impossible, but the team, the fans and the students feel broken, betrayed and empty. He left us all, in a 30-second interview with no remorse.

PERSPECTIVE PLEASE

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

This from an article on the sidebar of that video, an editorial from a student:

The worst part of all this is Kiffin's broken promises. We felt like Kiffin would fight for us, and as loyal students we took his side. We believed in him. We hailed him. Even after the recent player arrests and the negative light that has been on campus, all students could think about were the recruits and the upcoming season. Now, not only does a winning season seem impossible, but the team, the fans and the students feel broken, betrayed and empty. He left us all, in a 30-second interview with no remorse.

PERSPECTIVE PLEASE

Well...they don't teach Tennessee students about Haiti. What, with the successful slave rebellion and all that.

Today, we are all otaku.

Archived